It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 8 2004 @ 12:13 PM
link   
cool link groingrinder

posted on Sep, 10 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
This is not Noah's Ark

That was proven to be the ruins of a mongol fort.

Keep searching it, but you will find nothing. It�s only a fable.

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 08:11 AM
link   
Where'd you hear that that site was a mongol fort?

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nygdan
Where'd you hear that that site was a mongol fort?

I saw it on TV, I think...I can�t remember which programme.

Here�s a link

www.noahsarksearch.com...

posted on Sep, 13 2004 @ 09:27 PM
link   
This picture is a fake. The real ark has spilt in two and ice over, and if you look at the design, looks like a bow, the ark did not have one!

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:19 AM
link   
How do you know there was a real ark? How do you know it was split in two and iced over and didn't have bow?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:19 PM
link   
Some believe that Noah’s ark where a spacecraft from mars.. Because scientists says there never where any catastrophic event on earth at that time, but on mars there where. but truth is the truth what ever everyone believes.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:23 PM
link   
what catastrophic event on mars?

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 02:55 PM
link   

what catastrophic event on mars?

I think it was a big Asteroid hit.. not sure thoe do some google.com

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 03:03 PM
link   
I googled for "big asteroid hit mars" and surprisingly got one result. However, I suspect this isn't what you are talking about:

Inside the face, they discover that life migrated from Mars to Earth because a big asteroid hit Mars and Bruce Willis hadn't evolved yet to save them. The alien shows up and holds hands with everyone.

Didn't know you were such a big bruce willis fan...

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:01 PM
link   
The government had pictures during WWII when the airforce flew over and took pictures. I seen a special on the ark and people who climbed to it. The picture that is shown has a bow and the original ark did not have one by the design described in the bible. This photo is a fake, on the special how shown the wood very rotten and half of the ark is sliding down the moutain side. It has been in ice for a very long time. But if you want, research this further, don't take my word for it.
Aye, matey, this old seadog remember the old tale of the Ark that Noah built, it had no bow, nor masts to speak of. Must sail to the island of Gull to refresh supplies and water for me voyage to the unknow.

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:52 PM
link   

I googled for "big asteroid hit mars" and surprisingly got one result. However, I suspect this isn't what you are talking about:

Inside the face, they discover that life migrated from Mars to Earth because a big asteroid hit Mars and Bruce Willis hadn't evolved yet to save them. The alien shows up and holds hands with everyone.

Didn't know you were such a big bruce willis fan...

Hi Nygdan, well I am not sure I read it or heard it some time ago..
Ill think I go for a google my self

EDIT: My first search...www.grassyknoll.homestead.com...

[edit on 14-9-2004 by Cardu]

posted on Sep, 14 2004 @ 08:56 PM
link   
One big blow I've seen dealt to the "Ark of Ararat" theory is simply geology. A ship that was placed on top of the glaciers thousands of years ago would not be there today. Natural ice flow would have moved it farther downhill, and likely ground it into pieces.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by ancientsailor
This photo is a fake, on the special how shown...

Which picture do you mean? this one?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:11 AM
link   
The ark couldn't have done what it was supposed to do in the Bible, (carry two of every living thing), but what about the Sumerian text from 6oo years before the Noah epic? What about Utnapishtim's (sp?) cargo?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 09:54 AM
link   
Sure, there was no major catastrophic event 4,000 years ago, but if you go further back, to around 11,000 BC, there was the end of the ice age, which caused massive flooding...I think it's very likely that the various flood myths are a collective "memory" of that event. We were around back then, but I doubt we were civilized in any sense of the word, unless civilization was lost, which in any case is a matter for a different thread altogether.

If the Ark did date back 4,000 years it's possible, though unlikely, that it could have survived in some form or another. Look at the ships in Abydos, Egypt, which are supposed to be 5,000 years old. There's a vast difference between the effect of a desert and ice on wood, though. Just some food for thought. I don't think they'll find anything up there, but it's nice to speculate about it.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 12:54 PM
link   
from what ive read(much of which i cant remember)the location of the ark ,or what is supposed to be is located in turkey on a mountain top,which apparentley no one is allowed near because of the land being sacred-but their is a strange story that is actually backed up with fact that archeologists opening coffins in cathedrals around the world of knights from the crusades have found that many contained very old iron nails that were embossed with rubys,emeralds,dimonds etc-why decorate an ugly old nail with such expensive and rare gems? studys have shown that all these knights travelled through turkey and found the arks remains,took the nails and then decorated them because of their religous importance.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by optimus fett
from what ive read(much of which i cant remember)the location of the ark ,or what is supposed to be is located in turkey on a mountain top

No one has ever been able to get any sort of tangible or convincing photographic proof that this is true tho.

,which apparentley no one is allowed near because of the land being sacred

There is no 'sacred land' on ararat, or any other mountain in turkey that I am aware off. I've heard stories about some parts being 'off limits' by the Turkish government, but thats not particularly spectacular.

why decorate an ugly old nail with such expensive and rare gems?

Maybe they bought it thinking it was part of the ark, or one of the nails that were used in the crucifixtion. I don't recall there being much action in the ararat area during the crusades either, so it would be something of a side trip to say the least. I think the crucifixtion nails idea makes the most sense, althought there's probably other saintly/holy relics that could be nails too.

studys have shown that all these knights travelled through turkey and found the arks remains,took the nails and then decorated them because of their religous importance.

What studies?

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 03:51 PM
link   
Yeah it's quite a signifigant artifact - if truth can be extrapolated from both the Hebrew and Sumerian accounts then the ark, at least at some point contained "the seed of every living thing" (Sumerian version). Perhaps "Yaweh" or the "Annunaki" were not saving Noah from the flood, but the cargo from falling into the wrong hands. I dunno - It's just some stoner conspiracy stuff.

posted on Sep, 15 2004 @ 04:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by hooligan13
if truth can be extrapolated from both the Hebrew and Sumerian accounts then the ark,

The two accounts are similar, and there are numerous other flood stories and ark 'accounts', but either way there's been no evidence presented for the existence of the ark, or the occurance of a global flood, nor even the genetic bottlenecking that would be expected of having every sort of modern animal descended from a pair (or a set of seven, or whatever the account has), nor even an explanation of how an ark can hold every animal, nor how they could get to the ark, nor reach their current distribution, nor where the water to cover the entire planet came from or went, nor even how the ark could possibly hold itself together.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join