It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ark?

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:07 PM
link   
Could this be the Ark?

A friend sent it to me but he dont know where it is.

Do you?
If so let me know. thanks

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   
It's likely Mount Ararat, in Turkey.

All they've found is the remains of "some" wooden structure, that dates back quite a while... To proclaim it "The Ark" is a pretty big stretch at this juncture....

The far right image looks photoshopped though...

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:29 PM
link   
Thank you Gazrok.

The link is:

dsc.discovery.com...

What do you think?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:31 PM
link   
HERE is Noahs Ark. Enjoy. I think the alien connection might be stretching it, but the ark pictures are stunning.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:39 PM
link   
NO

This is what I believe:

dsc.discovery.com...

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   
So the OP thinks this is a pic of a, what, 4000 year old wooden boat, in the snow, atop a mountain, perfectly intact? And the dozens of expeditions that have been to ararat have just missed this nicely varnished boat?

groingrinder:
HERE is Noahs Ark.

That site has been gone over before. There is no evidence at all for the existance of any manmade structure, let alone an ark. The 'iron nails' for example, were just regular iron bearing minerals.

switchblade:This is what I believe

Why? They haven't even claimed to have found it

the site:
QuickBird flies over Mount Ararat between one and three times a week, said Herring, and as long as the spacecraft isn't needed for a paying customer at that time, it will attempt to obtain imagery of the so-called "anomaly" a 500- to 600-foot bulge 15,000 feet up the mountain on the northwest side.

and they've been doing this since sept 12th, so its been going on for a least a year. The 'photo' shown looks to be an 'artists' rendering of what would be there. All these people have is a 'suspicious looking bulge'. Why do you find this so convincing? Why do you think that an ark exists at all? Do you think that there was actually a global flood?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by switchblade
NO

This is what I believe:

dsc.discovery.com...

How dare you say no to ME!!!!
I went to the page and checked it out. One thing I noticed right away is that the "ark" pictured looks more like an obelisk or shem instead of a boat. The lines are all straight and it looks far too intact to date from the time of the flood.

The link I posted shows a much more probable boat like shape, however it is STONE PETRIFIED. I always thought that something had to be millions of years old to be petrified, but it has only been ten thousand years or so since the flood. So how could the wood have petrified so quickly. It is a mystery to me. Like how did people live to be 800 years old in the pre flood times? However because of the obvious gigantic boatlike shape I am more inclined to believe the link I posted instead of yours.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:32 PM
link   
It looks like the Sept 12th date is for this year
Meaning that's when they'll try to get some better pics.. Guess we'll see, but I wouldn't hold my breath... I doubt there would be anything left over of a 4000 year old wooden boat, but then, I doubt the whole story of Noah and the flood, hehe...as it appears to be nothing but an adaptation and inclusion of a mesopotamian myth.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 04:20 PM
link   
My question is why has the CIA been investigating a ten thousand year old boat? I mean it's just a boat - right? An old wooden boat. Hmm...

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 05:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooligan13
My question is why has the CIA been investigating a ten thousand year old boat? I mean it's just a boat - right? An old wooden boat. Hmm...

From what I've read, I was under the impression that the Ark wasn't just a wodden boat, it was more like a large submergable vessel.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 06:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by hooligan13
My question is why has the CIA

Why the heck did you just insert the CIA into this? There's been no mention of them.

velvet splash:
large submergable vessel

Wht gave you that impression? The only reference to noahs ark is in the bible and it says absolutely nothing about it being a sub

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:36 AM
link   
Well, the guy who is leading the investigation did some interpretting for them...(if you read between the lines and connect the dots) other than that, there really is no such basis....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 07:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
It looks like the Sept 12th date is for this year
Meaning that's when they'll try to get some better pics.. Guess we'll see, but I wouldn't hold my breath... I doubt there would be anything left over of a 4000 year old wooden boat, but then, I doubt the whole story of Noah and the flood, hehe...as it appears to be nothing but an adaptation and inclusion of a mesopotamian myth.

Seing that the link is:
dsc.discovery.com...

I would say that this page was created in September 9 2002, but maybe I'm wrong.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 09:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Gazrok
Well, the guy who is leading the investigation

What guy? I didn't see anything about the CIA in the discovery article.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by groingrinder
HERE is Noahs Ark. Enjoy. I think the alien connection might be stretching it, but the ark pictures are stunning.

There definatly wasnt a connection between aliens and Noah! Thats what the link is talking about. God told Noah to build the Ark, and he did.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by AD5673
God told Noah to build the Ark, and he did.

Since there is no evidence of the ark existing, there was no global flood, and there is no way that the ark could've done what it was proported to do, how can you say it was built?

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 12:05 AM
link   
he can say it was built because he read the bible, its never wrong just like TV!

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 06:59 AM
link   
Well you know, this IS ATS, so you have to insert "CIA" into a thread somewhere to legitimise it.

posted on Sep, 5 2004 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Why doesnt someone get a group together and travel there to have a look?

posted on Sep, 7 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   

Taylor is a satellite intelligence expert and an associate with the Center for Strategic and International Studies, a prominent Washington, D.C. think-tank

Certainly not a stretch to equate him with the CIA...
Is there someone else who interprets satellite data for strategic information?

on the date...you are correct... My mistake, as I noticed the date in the upper left. (which I can see now, just reflects the day's date). As I read it when you first posted this, I assumed that meant the story date, not today's date....

I guess nothing came of it then.....

[edit on 7-9-2004 by Gazrok]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join