It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Space Colony Art From The 1970s

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
Hmmm, reminds me of Mass Effect:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by speculativeoptimist
reply to post by davidgrouchy

Touche' friend. Now that I think about it, where are the visionary positive sci-fi films and books anymore?
Di we stop dreaming because we were no longer connected to the exposure of such endeavors, and as a result many of us do not ever entertain the subject? Maybe there just aren't enough people that are truly interested, and we here at ATS are the exception with our interests. But, again, if the ideas were put in front of us again, would we then dream again?

spec

Last night, I overheard a TV news headline about scientists theorizing that the so called "junk DNA" is not so much junk, after all.

To a friend, I observed, "I had suspect that DNA meant something, and I suspected that the assumption that it did not have any purpose was due to the lowering of the societies' views of being human (e.g., "We are just animals, and the only difference is the opposable thumb.").

Consider:

* Modern denial of the spiritual (and thus, "miraculous") component of every human being.
* Tying the heliocentric understanding of the observable moving bodies in the sky with kicking man out of the central perspective of life, meaning, and purpose.
* Great leaps in thought (technology, literature, polity, art, etc.) being theorized as due to contact with "ancient aliens" (History Channel is on in the background!) as opposed to underscoring the remarkable ability of humans.
* Anthropocentric charity being popularly replaced with ecological concerns (Save the whales, save the trees, but to Hell with the starving oppressed in Somalia).

It is like an incipient despair-- acedia -- resulting in embracing the mundane as the greatest meaning and purpose. Now we have traded man reaching to the heavens (and maybe Heaven reaching for us?) for making sure we have the latest iPhone-- never realizing how much the former is responsible for the latter.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
reply to post by Frira

Misdirected and focused on the finger pointing to the cosmos rather than the cosmos itself. Good analogy Frira, and instead of accommodating population growth outward, tptb are instead making the most of our slavery to economic servitude and would rather us die off here before setting off into space. Nefarious, yes, but who knows.

spec

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Raivan31

I can see this, and maybe they need to attach profit potential to the endeavor of space colonization to get some support behind it. I kind of think what Gorman91 said too, that it is just too dangerous yet to exist out there.

Thanks for the comment,
spec

posted on Nov, 28 2011 @ 04:59 PM
link   
This artwork is amazing to look at and it opens up the windows and doorways of our imaginations.If those windows and doorways were never opened,we would still be living in trees and caves and if they are ever closed upon us,we will never stop hating and killing eachother and find a way to leave this planet behind,something we will have to do before the sun begins its expanding red giant phase,which will engulf mercury,venus and the earth and humanity will exist no more...
edit on 28-11-2011 by blocula because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join