It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

EAS broadcasts warning (this is just a test)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
I just uploaded this video and its from my iPhone so I am sorry about the quality, I just wondered some of your thoughts on this broadcast, I noticed a lot of emphasis on "this is just a test" at least three times. I don't know whether this is to calm the public down, but who is freaking out?! I don't know it seems like they are trying to give you a little here and there to desensitize us to what we are going to see, whether it just be a test or something more I mean after all it is 11/9/11!! LOL Thoughts?!

Oh this is my first post and I used the search and did not find anything on this particular broadcast so please forgive me if there is already an existing thread
MODS please move to proper place although this seems to be where most of the EAS threads are. Thanks

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
reply to post by Sarahraeann

I hate to disappoint you but its been posted already and in much better quality but its still a good reminder for people. I think it would be much more effective if they used one like this. Hope you enjoy.

ETA: Michael Moorcock also penned the lyrics to "Sonic Attack", a Sci-Fi satire of the public information broadcast, that was part of Hawkwind's Space Ritual set.
edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   
reply to post by LightSpeedDriver

LOL Nice... Oh like I said I didn't find a post on it already but it was the first time I seen it and thought I would share

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Star for using Hawkwind. Sorry to go off topic but that band is awesome.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:50 PM
link   
I seen this as well. It disturbed me. I brought it to the attention of my husband and all he could do is shake his head and mumble "I wonder what they are planning now".

Which makes me think yes, what are they planning now?

I also noticed how they really emphasized on the "It's just a test" portion

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Kermitker

Even though this seems to be a non popular post due to an already existing "better" one I am still glad if I got at least 1 other person to see it
That is honestly the only thing I felt was disturbing about the video as well was the "this is just a test" repeated over and over... Its like why do you need to say it so much!! lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   

I didn't say (well I don't think I did) that your thread was worse quality, but the video you linked is.

Here's the good quality one, you can see that its not been filmed with a phone or webcam is all I was saying..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Oh haha Thanks (:, Is there a link to where this conversation might be a little more "Active" I still would like to discuss it lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

As far as I can quickly see, this thread has the most discussion happening started by Druid42. Good luck.
I just typed FEMA EAS in the search box btw, and scanned the results a little. Search is on the top menu bar if you hadn't seen it.
ETA They are up to page 7 already and I wasn't preaching about the Search function either

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Vinterskogen

I think its totally on-topic in a strange, scary and sad way. They (Hawkwind) used the medium of music warning us in a totally "over the top" style as to where we were all headed. Its strange that some people almost seemed to know where we would be now. Like it was destined....

ETA I live in Holland. They have a similar kind of thing but it's an external siren. Imagine multiple cell phone tower mounted speakers. They test it once a month on a Monday so I heard it today. Whooop! Whoooop! I just think that whatever this is going to warn us about they either a, don't know, b, don't care, or c, well, there must be a third possibility so I'll let the paranoid among us fill that one in for themselves.
They've had this system installed for a few years, an electronic air raid siren that only ever gets used for test purposes. WTF? If the dikes break, a siren ain't gonna do Jack. And I just can't imagine any other possibility apart from war that they would use it. So its money burned. My 3 cents.

edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: The wall of text effect

ETA2 Oh and er yes...Hawkwind. Ahem.
I've seen Hawkwind live on more than one occasion. Very nice live. Oh my...
edit on 7/11/11 by LightSpeedDriver because: ETA2

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
its very creepy, i guess its like on 9/11 how they were doing wargames at the same time and the guys in the wargames are like, "um, hey guys, theres 2 planes that have been hijacked flying into the twin towers, thats part of the wargames right??.... RIGHT????"

wouldn't be suprised if something does happens then we will get weeks and weeks of them harping on about how NO ONE EXPECTING ANYTHING TO HAPPEN DURING THE TEST!! JUST ANOTHER COINCIDENCE

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   
You recorded off your T.V.....what network was that?

Another fear mongering attempt, or warning in form of a "test"?

Im starting to pay just a LITTLE more attention...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:35 PM
link   
I don't think anything is going to happen they really have to emphasize that it is a test simply because the local police forces around the country are worried of the panic that will happen when this alert happens. People must get that it is a test lol.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just an observation about the appearance of the speaker. Is it just me being tired or did he look like a throwback to the early 1960s with his suit and the way he came across?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:40 PM
link   
I'm a long-time lurker here on ATS, but never posted before this evening. I found this information on www.presscore.ca, and while I don't particularly agree with every viewpoint espoused on this particular website, I found this information extremely relevant, frightening and eye-opening regarding the possible implications of tomorrow's EAS emergency broadcast alert. Since I am not sure how to properly post a link, I will include excerpts of the article for your information. Definitely food for thought...

"United States shuts down on November 9/11. Temporarily or permanently?
Posted by PC World news Monday, November 7th, 2011

On Wednesday November 9/11 at 2:00 PM EST the United States will go silent.  The FCC has been ordered by Barack Hussein Obama to shut down all radio and television broadcasts.  So what?  Not affected.  Can live without radio and TV.  What you don’t realize is that FEMA is in charge of this nation wide operation and the operation call for the FCC to shut down the Internet and cellular phone service too.

Claiming this is a test of the emergency response system, FEMA will conduct a complete communications shut down: all TV, radio, internet, and phone systems will be disabled simultaneously at 2:00 PM Eastern Standard Time.  They are saying it will be shut down for 3 minutes.

Who will be affected by this shut down?  Everyone.  Social Networking, like Facebook and Twitter are completely dependant on the communication network being up, not down.  The same for the Internet.  No store debit transactions can be done during a communication shut down.   Banks security will be severely compromised.  Banks accounts of the people can be wiped or transferred in 3 minutes.  CCTV Security surveillance system will be knocked out too.  A lot can happen in 3 minutes.

Every communication system in the United States will be affected.  Every communication dependent system and business will be affected.  The Air Traffic control system will be affected.  Banks will be affected.  News reporting will be affected.  Even the emergency warning system will be affected.  The nation will come to a halt on November 9/11.

This shut down could actually be a reboot.  Why now?  The United States government might be uploading computer malware or spyware code to the United States’ communication network.   If you’ve ever made a computer upgrade to your computer system by installing a program you would know that in order for the new code to be installed properly a system shut down and reboot is usually required. Once you reboot, whatever was newly installed is activated and just runs silently behind the scenes.

Does it make any sense to you that the United States government would decide to shut down the entire communication network of the United States just to test it?  No country and no sane leader would ever do this as this would severely compromise the security of the nation.  Logically one would test parts of the system separately and definitely not on the same day.

For 3 minutes on November 9/11 the United States will be silenced.  What will happen in those 3 minutes?  Will the United States government use this time to launch another false flag attack  against the United States people?  Will the CIA detonate improvised nuclear devices in a major U.S. city?  Will the Federal Reserve use this time to transfer the wealth of the United States people to themselves or to their European controllers?   It only takes a few minutes to start a nuclear war.  Nuclear Ballistic Missiles, each one carrying 8 or more nuclear warheads, capable of destroying 8 or more individual cities anywhere on earth can reach their targets within 15 to 30 minutes of launch.

On October 27, 2010 the U.S. Air Force lost control of 50 nuclear, inter-continental missiles.  A power failure caused one ninth of the United States’ nuclear arsenal to go off line for three-quarters of an hour.   A Pentagon official said the failure disrupted communications between a control centre and the missiles at F.E. Warren Air Force Base in Wyoming.  On November 9/11 the United States government will intentionally cause a nationwide disruption of communications."

Short URL: presscore.ca...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   

Been there, done that! Check out www.abovetopsecret.com...

top topics

join