It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

a couple of first time voter questions

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   
I printed out and mailed in my voter registration form about a month ago. am I supposed to be sent some type of card to show at the poll? if not, is there a way to make sure your forms were received and properly processed? I'd hate to show up and not be allowed to vote over some type of administrative error. also, with the confusing info posted regarding primary dates is there a good website that has some type of calendar for all the dates and lists of polling places? all the local polling places I was aware of have been shut down recently due to local government cutbacks. any tips or info are greatly appreciated. there needs to be a how to/voting for dummies posted lol.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   
reply to post by slimmerpickens

my first piece of advice would be, dont look for advice on the internet

but they will send you a thing called a voters card or a poll card or something, atleast in the uk they do

edit on 7-11-2011 by fairguy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by slimmerpickens
I printed out and mailed in my voter registration form about a month ago. am I supposed to be sent some type of card to show at the poll? if not, is there a way to make sure your forms were received and properly processed? I'd hate to show up and not be allowed to vote over some type of administrative error. also, with the confusing info posted regarding primary dates is there a good website that has some type of calendar for all the dates and lists of polling places? all the local polling places I was aware of have been shut down recently due to local government cutbacks. any tips or info are greatly appreciated. there needs to be a how to/voting for dummies posted lol.

Voting For Dummies 1.0

Dont bother, nothing will change.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Try googling your county Supervisor or Board of Elections for a phone number and give them a call.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:54 PM
link   
You have to register to vote? What a crappy state you live in. Will they next force you to take an IQ test in order to vote?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   

I would definitely suggest calling your state's election board - if you just web search on "(insert your state here) election", you'll probably get their official site and link to contact info as one of your first results. If you're in the US, you definitely should have received your voter registration card (mine tend to come quickly) and polling location.

Pretty likely necessary for you to vote, so I'd say get on it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by loves a conspiricy

Originally posted by slimmerpickens

Voting For Dummies 1.0

Dont bother, nothing will change.

yeah, thats been my strategy my whole life, hence the first time voter status. problem is I noticed that when I didnt vote nothing changed either so I figured I'd try mixing things up a little. I refuse to be a "lesser of evils" voter but as long as Paul is still in it I'll vote for him and see what happens. worst case scenario is nothing will change but at least I tried something different.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
How it works here is.. you register to vote and they have your info on file.. when you actually go to the polls to vote they'll ask you for ID and compare that to their list of registered voters.. if all checks out.. you go and do your thing.

Kind of simple really. No big deal.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

It helps if you tell us the state you live in, or you could just go to google and type in"Secretary of State (your state)."

The state I live in allows you to check your voter registration online, where you're voting and what district you're in. Hopefully your state does the same thing.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:43 AM
link   
If your in Ohio you can go to the board of elections site and actually see if you are registered or not and your polling location. Short of that many states will allow you to vote on a provisional ballot.

top topics

join