It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Moscow protesters brutally arrested.

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas
didn't russians destroy USSR.Now you don't like capitalism? why?

what change do you want? You russians are stupid in my opinion your pessimism is your problem.What is your profession? Which political party you suport ? LDPR?Communist party? or NBP?

You have hate for immigrants ? are you a Nazbol? Your nation is very xenophobic to immigrants.
edit on 6-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

I feel I had to reply to this one. I can't quite answer on your dissolution of the USSR, as I was merely a child at that turbulent time. I can't answer upon my like of any specific belief, or political view either. I will leave labeling me to others, based upon their perception of my actions and views.

On change. I wish first of all as a person interested in weather and meteorology more freedom to accessing Doppler radar data and banishment of strict citizen radio transmit and receive laws. And I wish for a broader road network without any hindrances be them overzealous police officers, or just roads in disrepair to get to a possible weather event quickly.

On xenophobia and nations. As you mentioned some parts of my nation does indeed look upon illegal immigrants harshly. I cannot say anything to or fro on that issue either, that would be any single persons choice.

All in all I can see you have much confusion and anger in your post, which I honestly find hard to handle. I am not your enemy. Perhaps you can try and think about why those emotions are so blatantly displayed to the point of making someone else upset. I am sorry if I didn't quite say anything of value, or answer to your standards, but I felt the need to somewhat defend me in light that our nation and it's people (me included) have a bad reputation already. No need to make it worse with harsh words.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Considering that one of my friends was attacked by russian racists in Moscow in 2007 I have no sympathy with those who support those idiots who kill others in the name of 'White man is the right'. Your nation betrayed other nationalities and left them to be exploited by Western elites.

Consider yourself lucky that you have person like Putin to hold off the Rothschild.Rothschild made promise that he will destroy Russia totally in the 19th century.And he has been very successful.As for corruption can't blame you.
And your nation is targetted for depopulation agenda.

Looking at your attitude ,Russia will lose and be totally destroyed by the Rothschild and Western elite.Putin is wasting his energy fighting NATO and their grand emperor Rothschild.With people like you,Russia is finished.Totally.As for bad reputation,USA and china has worse repo today than you. Good luck to you because you will soon be fighting against new Nazis(NATO) ,but this time they are far superior to anything nazis were.You will lose and be broken into several states like Yugoslavia
edit on 6-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by RumET
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dear Texan.

I do admire your bravery, but I don't think I alone could grab my rights without ending up in prison like so many others before me. Russian prisons are terrible places. Though I would hate for you to think I'm just able to sit in my comfy chair and write, and that's all I can do.Your post did make me feel torn though. I am sorry but I do not have the correct words now to answer you fully, like I did to some posters above.

Sorry to hear of the troubles. Our former President Wilson during the Progressive era instituted the Sedition Act, which went against our Constitutional Right to Free Speech and dissent against a tyrannical govt. While the Sedition Act is no longer, we now have the PATRIOT Act allowing the govt to track us and now they are trying to pass a new law allowing indefinite detention of citizens. This is a terrible trend.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:19 PM
link   
Dunno how it is in the rest of the country but in NYC you have to have a permit to protest (lol) if it's more than a certain amount of people (not sure of the amount). They also regulate (best word) you to "protest bins" like cattle. The concept of "the commons" is pretty much non-existent now thanks to the privatization of most public spaces, so X that out as well. And you can not go on the streets or block sidewalks (that aren't pre sanctioned) either. Here if the police tell you to move even if you are in a area that was already sanctioned, you move or take chances with batons, pepper sprays or NFL style tackles and get arrested. Also if you are part of a group or simply standing with a group and someone in that group doesn't follow orders or tries to push past the protest bin zone he will get arrested and there is chance the whole group will be arrested with him.

Sounds to me like we aren't much different from Russia.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

While I am sorry to hear of your loss, I believe I can't say anything to change your current mindset. Thus I would like to refrain from delving deeper into this discussion. I just need to emphasize that I do not share your views on the current political situation in Russia with you. I'd also like to apologize for your behavior, hoping people will understand that many are frustrated nowadays. And with so many feelings you can't but think your cause may have some truth in it, who am I to judge after all.

At any rate, to stay on topic. Over three hundred opposing protesters the election results have been arrested in Moscow today. Their gathering was authorized. (I believe so the current Administration could save face.) But it was limited to some thousand persons. While the Government authorized a twenty thousand-strong Nashi (United Russia youth movement) action in the middle of Moscow, having tax-paid buses drive the masses (sorry for the rhyme) to and fro. I feel that is an act of silencing those who oppose by shouting louder. I would be alright with it, if the Government youth (all twenty thousand of them) bought tickets and gathered in Moscow by their own accord.

And in another slight slice of Moscow life, a supposed "jumper" has halted a major subway artery, hindering oppositional forces to get quickly to the gathering by stopping all trains on one side of the brown Moscow Subway Ring Line. Of course it's a handy "accident" they always happen so conveniently...

Addendum 1:

It seems there are now around five hundred arrested oppositioners (source) Yet despite the pressure and arrests people are continuing to voice their dissent with the held elections. I believe the holding cells in Moscow are running full. That can't be sanitary, or good no matter how you look at it.

Chewingonmushrooms

The protests are very rarely sanctioned here and those who do go against the sanctions risk being arrested brutally. But I believe tear gas, or rubber bullets are so far not used in the arrests. Sure the protesters get a beating, they get laid harshly on the ground and spend some very unpleasant hours in "Avtozak" (A cattle wagon the police uses. Even if it's hot outside. Then they are either arrested for 15 days, or fined and released. Some Russians seeing and responding to news of police brutality point strangely enough to the US with its 'Occupy' movements. They say how rudely maced and rubberbulleted people are over the Atlantic. Pointing out how it could all be worse over here in Russia.
edit on 6/12/2011 by RumET because: Added a reply to Chewingonmushrooms

edit on 6/12/2011 by RumET because: Corrected the number of arrests from 200 to 500 with source.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

maybe you should study what western NGO's are upto in Russia.As for an apology,I feel no need to make apology to those support anti-immigrant sentiment.If you want to be an useful idiot for the Western NGO's be my guest.Putin is fighting a losing battle to keep Russia one.

He should leave Russia and maybe give Boris Nemstov power.With a generation like you,Russia is doomed.No wonders,jews laugh at russians.You will face imperialism again except that it will be with the iron fist of Rothschild.Like Serbia you also will also fall.

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
reply to post by mkgandhas

There you go again with the Rothschilds.

Look. You and I do have common grounds to stand on. Your dislike of Communism and the now current form of Capitalism which had enslaved you is similarly what I dislike too. Similarly, I do know about the Rothschilds. They had been around for centuries and it is certainly not without a modicum of truth that they had amassed great wealth.

They were bankers after all. Who had the kind of money and forced to support England's need of money/gold that caused the Bank of England to be set up back in the late 16th century? And who had that kind of money that the Nazis stole to set up the privately owned Bank of International Settlements together with BOE, and allowed to remain intact despite calls for its closure after the war?

But where our differences lay in is our approach.

You choosed to vent, to rant, to submit to slavery, to forcefully imposed your beliefs onto others, to thrash others here, illogically building up your case by lumping ALL issues as one, pissing others off, and thus failed in whatever you had in mind to do, for deep down within you, you too seek to be free.

There is no one size fits all solution. Rothschild are not morons. They dont survive for centuries by being village idiots. Their founder is a genius, who had set up a successful system in place to win, and thus their quiet low profile but high position on our world's stage today.

With your rage clouded judgement, you presume that blaming or destroying Rothschild will solve the problem. But truth is, you have not even begin to see what the root of the problem is. Destroy Rothschild, and another greedy super rich elite will take his place.

It is not Rothschild you must destroy. It is the SYSTEM/doctrine he devised that had stood for centuries amongst his heirs. 'All humans are greedy and can be corrupted by wealth for one's bid to power, domination and enslavement of others' - that would be the preamble of Rothschild's doctrine.

While the world has its own set of constitution, Rothschild's doctrine easily fits and slips into such rules, blending with it till it corrupts the orignal constitution, through the manipulation of rules and legislatives.

It's like a chess game being played today, only worse in that it is played in the fog. You cant see exactly where those chess pieces are, while others may be clear.

One thing for sure is that in a Chess game, there is absolutely no way to get at the Queen with a first move. You will need to remove the pawns and knights before you can get at the Queen.

Thus, we will need to watch out for pawns in the guise of problems to humanity we see daily, that are set in our way, identify them and find solultions to remove them, one by one, till we reach the heart of the system, and destroy it once and for all, so that none will be able to use it against humanity.

Do calm down and think rationally. Alone, you and I are no match for that genius and all the geniuses he can buy, but when combined with others, we mankind are more than a match for his lot. Work together for ALL humanity do have common aspirations in life, not against one another divided, and freedom is attainable yet, no matter what obstacles lay in our way...

edit on 7-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

Rothschild is the symbol of jewish Khazarian power.If rothschild falls,the remainder of Rothschild minions will know that their days are numbered.

edit on 7-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 01:51 AM
link   
Dear ATS community.

To guide ourselves away from Rotschilds all together (Since I do not think they would fit in very well with the theme of this thread.) I would like to link up another story from Lenta.ru It is about what our Government official think of anonymity online. They want to completely forbid it, they want every Russian citizen online to register with heir name, and other personal information. And a police official responsible for "Division K" (Russian's online crime agency) said "If you're a law abiding citizen, you have nothing to fear." - classic. Though the men in power in Russia make our laws, Deity forbid one would break them.

And it has some unsettling thoughts, if such a bill ever passes in Russia. Now there is another huge meeting planned on Saturday in Moscow, and the Army are not drawing fully armed APCs to block off some streets. I sure hope someone turns attention to what is happening out there on the streets. I think the whole world needs to know of our oppressive regime.

/Irony on
Maybe some gays need to be beat up, so Hillary Clinton could come save us with the new US law of protecting gays everywhere!
/Irony off
edit on 8/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some more information about the news case.

posted on Dec, 8 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Dear RumET,

Freedom cannot be bestowed upon by others. It must be fought and won by citizens themselves, or it will only be taken for granted, or worse, misused.

There can and will be no intervention by other nations unless the situation in Russia detoriates to mass murders. The world had remained silent during Stalin and Maoist years, due to the lack of information, but no more today.

It took Burma 13 yrs to attain a modicum of freedom today, through the intervention by US and other Asian states engagement. The Burmese are a docile folk, even till today. It took Libya 8 months to attain theirs, and they are a fiery courageous lot, with western help.

But it won't take that long for Russians whom seek for their freedom, a national group that takes vodka as coffee first thing in the morning.

Stalin was a cold blooded murderer, whom care not for one or millions, nor for wealth. All this devil, like Mao, cared about is power. Putin is no Stalin, nor are his minders. Putin thinks he is in charge, but in reality, he is only a puppet on string well manipulated by others whom had centuries of trainning on how to corrupt others.

Putin's minders are not cold blooded murderers, nor seek for power. Make no mistake, those minders willl not hesitate to kill the leaders whom are against them, but they will NEVER kill the rest, and will weep buckets if anyone else touch them. Not that they have a conscience, not by a long shot, but simply because they see them as walking working dollar signs. To kill them all would mean an end of their golden goose, which is you, the People.

Thus, hit them where it hurts - their wealth generating assets - companies, rent revenue enterprises, loans, etc.

DOWN TOOLS.

Standing in Kremlin will get you nowhere. That;s not where the minders are, nor do they care. Topple Putin, and another like him will be in place, or be corrupted over time.

Instead, down you tools in business enterprises such as the oil and gas industries, banks, etc, and only then will they sit up and take notice, to negotiate for a better deal for all. The corruption gravy train have to end some time, and more money must make their way to workers and to national expenditure so that the next generation will not face the hardships you face today and live as slaves.

Even though Russia is a capitalist state today, its roots had been in communism for a hundred years, and such education cannot be erased within one generation. It is supposed to be a workers' paradise, and that is something even the russian boss will have to respect, if he wishes to live to enjoy his ill begotten gains from the past few years, and will understand the massive downing tools, if properly organised.

Winter had always favoured the despots in St Petersburg. Spring will be the best time to show your resolve. Meanwhile, spend the time organising, discussing and debating with families, relatives and friends and even elected representatives for better solutions, so that confronations will not be necessary, and that the leadership DO see the light.

If not, it is only a natural inborn human trait to be responsibly FREE.

Good luck and all the best, my fellow human brother in Russia!
Za Vashe Zdorovye! ( to your health, in russian)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
Dear ATS Community

There's a huge people gathering in the center of Moscow today. Over 30 000 people seems to have gathered. There's a live stream from it as well. I hope to join it later in the day. Let's see the police arrest all thirty thousand of them. They are saying "Putin and Churov (The persons responsible for the falsified elections) step down!" And those who address the crowd warn them of being on a bridge leading to the gathering place. It might collapse, be it by accident or by set charges to make the crowd panic and set a bloody precedent to clamp down on our rights. They are also yelling for freedom of all those political prisoners arrested before, as mentioned earlier in this thread.

edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some more information.

They are mostly yelling for free election and that this day will be the last one in the history of this corrupt Government. The weather is rather nasty, winds, and snow, yet still, I admire the endurance of everyone gathered. I also wondered if any political meeting in America with one clear goal "Elections are invalid" have gathered so many people. I sure know it's the biggest Russian meeting in a long time.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some more information and some small statistics.

edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added dear ATS

Now the announcer said "We are over eighty five thousand gathered here." And that is an absolute record for Russia. And that also breaks any police rule, since they agreed on thirty thousand maximum. The musician 'Noize MC' joined them on stage. The Bolotnaya Square can't quite hold this much though, I am worried what happens if people begun to push each other into the river which borders the square.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added an updated count of people gathered there and where it is held.

And not the announcer said "The police has admitted the gathering count is one hundred to one hundred and fifty thousand people" That is insane!
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added updated people count.

There now seems to be unconfirmed rumors of Medvedev, the president himself wanting to visit the meeting to talk to the crowd. I think if that happens Moscow will hear the loudest booing in a very very long time.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added rumors about Medvedev.

Judging from the picture the special forces have begun to surround the square. Perhaps they are there to arrest the person yelling provocations and nationalistic things from the megaphone. The snow has begun to come down heavily, dumping inches of the cold flakes on the people and the winds are very strong too.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some worrying information.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:06 AM
link   
Seems I can't edit my original message any more. Well seems the first cam went offline and here is another one www.ustream.tv... It's getting dark, and the sound is crappy due to the cell network being overloaded, but the picture is somewhat clearer. The meeting seems to be breaking up by itself, they are now chanting "Police with he people."
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added some information about chants and breaking up.

They are now promising to get out on the streets from now on, discussing dates and saying that Russia has changed today.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: (no reason given)

And to add they are chanting "We will come again." From a friend of mine being closer to the action that says the police acted nicely, and that no one has been arrested. Was rather cozy, except for the bad weather.
edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Added a friend's point of view.

edit on 10/12/2011 by RumET because: Minor grammar corrections.

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 07:48 AM
link   
Thanks for the update. Keep it comming. It's always good to hear from the people on the ground, than 'arm chair xperts'.

Good luck and stay safe! No matter our differences in life - religion, economics or politics, we are and will always be fellow humans first and do share common aspirations for ourselves and our loved ones. Cheers! :-)
edit on 10-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 10 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by bigfatfurrytexan
However, as it relates to the UK...i would advise that you stop asking permission. If you live in a "free" country, stop asking for your rights. Stop demanding your rights. To do so is to acknowledge that people have the authority to take them away, and to decide when you get them.

Man has no dominion over rights. If you want rights, then take them. Live like you have rights. Walk in the steps of liberty. Of course, tyrants will attempt to seize your rights as soon as you begin to use them without their permission. Just keep on...rights are not theirs to take.

I quit demanding rights long, long ago. I just live them without asking permission. They ARE mine, afterall.

While it's great to have such brave and powerful rhetoric, what good is it when you live in a country (and you do) where you cannot put it into practice?
Why don't you tell that to all those who have been peacefully assembling and protesting and getting pepper sprayed and assaulted for their troubles?

It's all well and good to say all the things you say, really it is... but unfortunately it's not realistic.

Why don't you go down to an occupy camp, or go to a protest and see how far your words get you?

And when a police officer is smashing you in the face with his baton or pepper spraying you, why don't you tell him about your rights? Because nobody has tried that so far, nobody has been screaming and seeking legal action against the tyrannical, oppressive force that has been unleashed on them.

edit on 10/12/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join