It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Moscow protesters brutally arrested.

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Thank you RumET,
I am now aged 65, yet still the hobby of Amateur radio plus SWL etc, still remain a great line of open interest. Reason I mentioned the said Curfew, is simply that Government officials have lost the duality of respect. Sure they smile and shake hands - as the election approached, but they do not think. During my childhood days we had many local Youth Clubs. Some who attended such had no true homelife. They had parent's who lost contact and yet for a while those youngsters were as happy and as peace loving as could be imagined. Time passed by and local churches plus local councils, closed then sold the Youth Clubs. They did not realise how its that which laid a foundation for small groups of youth's who slowly becam / become, small Gangs.

How easy it would have been to maintain a peaceful community, but no, the experts are too busy looking after their own personal interests. Small global groups are now trying hard to deliver a message, a plea perhaps??

RT,COM speak loud and often about the OWS groups being mis-treated by USA Police, yet they remain silent about the point you so opened this thread with. A new world of media hypocrisy.
farewell and thanks for the link
Have fun and praise once more the spirit of Vodka (Grin)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by steaming
reply to post by RumET

RT,COM speak loud and often about the OWS groups being mis-treated by USA Police, yet they remain silent about the point you so opened this thread with. A new world of media hypocrisy.
farewell and thanks for the link
Have fun and praise once more the spirit of Vodka (Grin)

You do know that RT is owned by the state right? Do you wonder why its in English and most of its viewers are in the west? There's a reason they show anything that speaks poorly about the west, and praises about Russia. Do research on Novosti and a defector who worked there, Yuri Bezmenov.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Good morning RumET, your English is very good!

You communicated the apparent corruption of Russian Orthodoxy very well.

reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   
Thank you dear teapot, thank you everyone. I am doing my part in removing ignorance about Russia, it's OWS movement and police brutality. If anything new comes up, I will surely post it. So far no news of what happened to the arrested persons. Steamer, you've got mail
To everyone else, I do not enjoy Vodka in the mornings, I enjoy double strong, black tea with lemon. Sorry for the slight off topic.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
In Soviet Russia police Occupy YOU

It's good to see other nations carrying on from one another, this will only add to the notion of how few there are pulling the strings on this planet and single out the bastards in charge.

posted on Nov, 24 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
Dear ATS community (Or those who read this thread anyways ^^)

With the recent developments in Russian's Anti-NATO and US rhetoric, I am beginning to think that the Russian Government could install a state of Emergency to avoid Elections or their outcome if it swung in their disfavor.

Absolutely every neighbor or friend I have here from a wide array of social layers and nationalities and ages are all saying they will either vote for the Communist Party (as the only real opposition/alternative to "United Russia" in their eyes) or not vote at all. That is another mind-boggling difference between what we all see in the news and around ourselves. And Russian people don't like paradoxes. Just another few kopeks from the life of an average Russian citizen.

They are introducing new electronic counting measures as well in our election boxes. The systems are made by one JSC (Joint Stock Company) somewhere in a 'gutter' which is absolutely nontransparent. Each box costs a lot of money (triple the value of a bank telling machine) and it is easily fooled by photocopies of the election bulletins as it's basically a trashcan coupled with a b/w photocopier. A(n?) USB stick inlet is implemented for that unconstitutional data gathering and manipulation as well. And the vote observers are declined due to "not having enough experience" Well if they aren't allowed to observe, they won't get any experience.

Another point/issue. Our local University has been told that unless they all vote for "United Russia" their funding will diminish greatly, and if they get a high turnout the election supervisors will get a monetary bonus. That's just some glimpses of the upcoming December Parliamentary elections for you. Could they ever do such a thing in Europe, or the US of A at all I wonder? How am I supposed to make my vote matter?! - Slightly desperate outcry. I do believe it all weaves in nicely with the protest arrests and is a part of the Big Picture, so I do believe I am on topic, phew.
edit on 24/11/2011 by RumET because: Clarified what kind of opposition

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by RumET

With the recent developments in Russian's Anti-NATO and US rhetoric, I am beginning to think that the Russian Government could install a state of Emergency to avoid Elections or their outcome if it swung in their disfavor.

Absolutely every neighbor or friend I have here from a wide array of social layers and nationalities and ages are all saying they will either vote for the Communist Party (as the only real opposition/alternative to "United Russia" in their eyes) or not vote at all. That is another mind-boggling difference between what we all see in the news and around ourselves. And Russian people don't like paradoxes. Just another few kopeks from the life of an average Russian citizen.

They are introducing new electronic counting measures as well in our election boxes. The systems are made by one JSC (Joint Stock Company) somewhere in a 'gutter' which is absolutely nontransparent. Each box costs a lot of money (triple the value of a bank telling machine) and it is easily fooled by photocopies of the election bulletins as it's basically a trashcan coupled with a b/w photocopier. A(n?) USB stick inlet is implemented for that unconstitutional data gathering and manipulation as well. And the vote observers are declined due to "not having enough experience" Well if they aren't allowed to observe, they won't get any experience.

Another point/issue. Our local University has been told that unless they all vote for "United Russia" their funding will diminish greatly, and if they get a high turnout the election supervisors will get a monetary bonus. That's just some glimpses of the upcoming December Parliamentary elections for you. Could they ever do such a thing in Europe, or the US of A at all I wonder?

RumET No doubt your situation is even worse than ours.

We all seem to be stuck between a rock and a hard place.

posted on Nov, 26 2011 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Dear OP.

As a fellow human, I share your concerns and frustrations.

Every nation is different, based upon its own shared history of acheivements and failures in all aspect of daily living for its society - shaped by its environment.

The common feature of OWS around the world lays in that the 1% that had hoarded wealth, controlled and manipulated society, not for citizens benefits, but only their own.

In real democracies, it is far easier to mobalise thousands to a cause, because that freedom to do so is ingrained and natural. But for psuedo democracies, which are tyrannies in disguise using the element of fear to control citizens, it is not easy. Those who protested in moscow are courageous people, and it is my sincere hope that they may be freed, afterall, they were not armed or caused any harm.

To do otherwise by the authorities will only foster hatred to fester, and the world had seen how a few hate filled men used a peaceful religion to annihilate all mankind, a war that is still being fought today.

After communism, powerful elements such as the mafia, whom have the organisation, funds and men, seized control of government in Russia. Putin tried to put to a stop to it and he thought he succeeded. He is delusional. He thought he controls the mafia through the new KGB, but the mafia had existed longer and is a far more cunning massed group than any security appartus Putin can put up.

Today, with its new found wealth in oil, much of that money trickles to every person that is connected to it, and the mafia have all its sticky fingers in it, far more than Putin realises. As a result, the mafia is far more richer than the country, and with their wealth, they activily controlled the state than the gov. Putin exist only because the mafia puppet masters allow it, and will be dropped if he becomes a liability.

In corporations, even the chairman or the CEO can be booted out, and the mafia is nothing more than a corporation dealing in both legal and illegal commerce, with several directors in charge and management of different sectors, armed with voting rights or simply just armed with guns.

The communist party will never win, because the mafia will never allow it. Capitalism will never co-exist with commies, more so capitalism that is skewered to favour the mafia. Russian had known poverty for decades. Which politician or security agent will not welcome a few more kopeks from the mafia if it can give him a daschu near the black sea for holidays and retirement?

Thus our fellow human brothers and sisters in Russia are screwed, big time - with no democracy.

A revolution depends on the masses. Its the numbers that counts. When it is massive, there are no jails or bullets enough to get all. As repressive as the Russia gov can be, with attempts to spread BS propaganda or censorship, there is one censorship that it CANNOT censor - and that's your mouth, when in conjuction with your mind.

You know the truth of what's going on in Russia, but ALONE, you cannot acheive much. You need to talk to others, and let others talk to others, for their own sake and the sake of the future generations. Discuss, debate and find solutions, BUT ONLY upon free will. Let no human be forced.

Let them decide on their own - to live free, or be a slave for generations. The brave Slavic People once lived rich lives as one society, free and proud, but certainly not the 99% today. Just move on to the next. The number 1 is an exponential number, and only TRUTH can set one free. It begins with you.

Just be careful of the authorities, for you will never know whom you are talking to, but as long as your intentions are peaceful - to create awareness, there is nothing that any secret agent can do to you, because when the truth is out, it wont be only you that is talking, but thousands and million others. There is no jail or butcher knife to kill everyone before the authorities or those in power get killed first.
edit on 26-11-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   
Dear ATS Community

I was about to pass by the election theme altogether silently, without going too much off topic. Sadly with the latest developments I can't. There have been rumors of young, strong males visiting, arresting and otherwise kidnapping oppositional members and innocent passerby's. Mr Putin has denounced his own party (United Russia) he was a member of since coming to power in 2000. And now lately truckloads of loyal army personnel have been dispersed through Russia's capital Moscow in what I am afraid is a preparation for a bloody repression of People's dissent against the Regime.

Here is the link to a news story. The officials are of course saying "It's for your own protection." And similar things are happening all over Russia. Now the last election, held 4th of December and which I personally participated in saw many falsifications and other illegal happenings. And the result was United Russia gathering around 50% of all votes. (When it should get around thirty percent.) And furthermore people are running out of patience with the current governmental rule of oppression. So I felt it was my duty to notify you all that I think the Government is preparing some form of provocation against all the people who are out on the streets, marching and protesting right now.

Something sinister is afoot, and I do hope the situation escalates (Into massive peaceful protests). I didn't vote alongside my friends and comrades in both belief and action so everyone could turn around and forget! Sadly the Russian people has been like this lately, strangely calm and forgetful. It's like they see something brown and smelly floating in the water and stinking up the place. They just take a stick and shove it away, turn around and pretend the poo doesn't exist anymore. All while the youth wing of United Russia (Nashi) is gathering strength and goes ballistic against anyone who might oppose the current regime.

Deity, what is a simple hobby meteorologist to do among all this escalating chaos? Sorry all if it slides somewhat off topic. I thought this thread could be used as a slightly wider discussion of the political situation in Russia from the eyes of it's simple, humble citizen.

PS! Seeker of Truth 101, thank you for the most kind and uplifting words.
edit on 6/12/2011 by RumET because: Added thanks.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 06:47 AM
link   
The situation in Russia is to be closely monitored.

It can get ugly fast...

And it may trigger something with worldwide implications...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:08 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Thanks for your kind words to me, but more important, is thanks for your update, to keep us here on ATS which has a worldwide audience, to know what's going on in that part of landmass named Russia, and the lives of our fellow human brothers and sisters there.

In the past, before the internet, we do not really know each other separated by thousands of miles. What we know about lives are those that are told by our leaders and media. And very often, we realized that we had been lied to.

Many humans around the world are awakening to the fact that we humans are one race, no matter what our diferences in life are, for we ALL share the same common aspirations in life - love, peace, justice, equality,prosperity, progress and freedom.

We are the same, and are NOT monsters that some self interest groups wants us to believe.

Do keep us inform as and when you can, so that we may know more, discuss and share insights that will build bridges and solutions for our race's progress and evolution, instead of being pawns by the elites in every nation that seek to destroy and enslave us humanity all with their lies and propaganda.

When a country starts to silence its own unarmed citizens, by threats, arrests, brutality, murders and blame shifting propaganda, that country has lost its mandate and legitimacy to administer to mankind, and must be removed before more of our fellow human brothers and sisters are harmed.

Good luck and stay safe. Cheers!

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:19 AM
link   
didn't russians destroy USSR.Now you don't like capitalism? why?

what change do you want? You russians are stupid in my opinion your pessimism is your problem.What is your profession? Which political party you suport ? LDPR?Communist party? or NBP?

You have hate for immigrants ? are you a Nazbol? Your nation is very xenophobic to immigrants.
edit on 6-12-2011 by mkgandhas because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:33 AM
link   
this is what happens when you protest in a country with REAL problems...

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   
reply to post by SeekerofTruth101

are you a communist or capitalist?

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
reply to post by RumET

its the effect of globalisation and market capitalism.People are hungry and unemployed because they don't have the right skills.

Maybe Russia should replace Putin with a Yeltsin again.You need a liberal not a communist.Vote for Just Russia or Boris Nemstov.Western govts support liberals too.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

are you a communist or capitalist?

By asking the insignificant nobody me that question, it only proves your ignorance on what capitalism and communism truly is. The media and your religio political influences had done a good job telling you what to believe, instead of you cultivating your own independent mind through rational analysis of both doctrines.

Communism or capitalism, are but doctrines made up by enlightened men of the 17th century, freed from monarchial rule. Our ancestors' common aims were the same as our present generation - to live and love in peace through the civilisational pillars of progress and evolution.

That which is man made, unfortunately, can be man destroyed, as both doctrines had proven in our generation, twisted and warped by selfish self seeking men.

It's ok to make mistakes, even though painful, and for the many whom had lost precious lives in those doctrines suffered immensely. We humans are flawed, and can only progress by making mistakes and then correcting them. But it would be suicidal if we refuse to acknowledge mistakes and to correct them.

We have to return back to the drawing board of our 17th century ancestors, to re- discuss and debate honestly, sincerly with the mistakes made, to correct them so that we may all progress and evolve, or the sufferings of the many through those centuries till present would had been in vain, for the sake of our future generations.

You too, have a part to play, but only with openess and not with prejudical targetted notions, otherwise, you will only be part of the problem than the solution to our evolution.

Peace.
edit on 6-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   

instead of talking in parables and fairy tales ,talk in generic terms,closet commie.As capitalism its an extension of feudalism an efficient one too.

As monarchy and 17th century,the enlightened masters were the money masters like Rothschild.I must say jews they are smart,cunning,they have americans worshipping them while they loot and plunder americans. They looted the russians too under Yeltsin era and when they brought lenin to power(stalin killed the jew masons in the great purges and was anti-rothschild).Russians like fools sold themselves to Yeltsin and Gorbachev dream and look what they have today.

Russians=laughing stock of the world.Its a wonder that the Jews and British dominate the world.Man they are cunning.

And commie how are you going to resist the Rothschild? with pea shooters.
Rothschild has bioweapons,nukes,scalar weapons,corrupt politicans. If he liked he could crush Russia and the West singlehandely like an ant.Only thing that stops him might bee torsion/scalar weapons of Russia.

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by mkgandhas

instead of talking in parables and fairy tales ,talk in generic terms,closet commie.As capitalism its an extension of feudalism an efficient one too.

You chosed to use labels freely and cheaply to heap upon others whom may disagree with your distorted worldview, if not history itself. But through your own words, you had only proven yourself a SLAVE by emphatically and perhaps joyously claiming 'capitalism is an extension of feudalism and an efficient one'.

I have only pity for you, even if you seemed to enjoy the chains around your own neck, compounded further by your absolute ignorance with each post you write.

Am I a commie? Or a capitalist? If you still cant figure that out, sigh... I'll help you out - I refused either until the mistakes made over the centuries are corrected now so that everybody else can have a better choice for the governance of humanity.

Looks like it's gonna take a lot of work to educate you to set you free, which unfortunately I can't do it here nor enough time.

For you own enlightenment, I sincerely hope that you may find out more, talk to more, discuss and debate with people around you as well as reading up more on the subjects on hand first, so that you may not be perceived as not only an ignoramus, but a deep seated mindless stubborn prejudical drone.

Cheers.
edit on 6-12-2011 by SeekerofTruth101 because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 6 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Continue daydreaming commie.You won't be able to remove Rothschild from power for 1000 years. You are a slave to the system itself.ACCEPT IT.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join