It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Moscow protesters brutally arrested.

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:29 PM
link   
Dear ATS community.

As sourced from this article over one hundred persons gathered the courage to do such an extremely dangerous task as to protest in the middle of Moscow. Now while our Constitution on paper allows gatherings, the local authorities insist of approving each gathering with more then three people. If the gathering is not approved, it is forbidden. And riot police steps brutally in to arrest anyone who gets under their hard, baton - holding hand. (Unless the gathering is Pro-Current Power) Which is exactly what happened in Moscow today, over twenty people as far as I am aware of were arrested and dragged off for wishing a better life. The official reason for arresting them was "Hindrance of pedestrians" - Seriously??!

I have no idea what will happen to them, but I feel really outraged. So I wrote this article in solidarity. Maybe some Anon forces in and around the Moscow area will hear and show up in force. If many enough gather the 1% of the *expletive* oligarchs and people in power will turn their attention to the good of common people. Now I would love to hear your opinions of this case, maybe even a slight discussion around the mask of the current powers in Russia hiding beneath it a horrible beast of oppression. I truly believe that if the Russian people are told how wonderful things are with fluffy bunnies and silvery clouds by our Elites and our Mass Media. Then they go outside to see what horrors of hunger, unemployment and immigrant crime awaits them long enough - there will be a collective 'point of no return' of cognitive dissonance. I believe that point is nearing quickly. It used to be great living here...

Last an image gathered from the news article

Signed
A concerned Russian citizen wondering where his country is heading.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
We are all wondering where our countries are heading, you are not alone my friend. It seems the story is the same everywhere, power hungry elites that oppress the people and lie through mass media outlets. Interesting times we live in for sure. It's threads like these that remind me that it's not just the U.S., it's the world. Reminds me that we're all in this together. Remember that you are a citizen, and a person. Not a chess piece as the elites think.

Stay strong my friend, and remember, you are not alone.

edit on 7-11-2011 by XxRagingxPandaxX because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by RumET
Now while our Constitution on paper allows gatherings, the local authorities insist of approving each gathering with more then three people. If the gathering is not approved, it is forbidden. ... (Unless the gathering is Pro-Current Power) A concerned Russian citizen wondering where his country is heading.

This is very disturbing. You need permission for more than three people to gather? That would automatically outlaw families, religious gatherings, sports events and other entertainment, and it would even mean the government itself has no right to meet without permission and prior approval.

My spouse (hypothesized) that the reason is the heads of government are scared of losing power ... BUT; I say power and trust are EARNED and TRUST CANNOT be earned through intimidation, mistreatment, and treating fellow humans as subservient. It's a self-fulfilling prophesy, they would bring their own demise by a REACTION to the oppressive effects they established to protect themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:53 PM
link   
reply to post by XxRagingxPandaxX

Dear Raging panda.

Thank you for your supporting words. I've followed the US (I don't dare to call it "Awakening", lest I be painted a spiritual loony) happenings since they began. And the fun thing is, it isn't very greatly portrayed in our mass media at all. So it's a wonder even one hundred people showed up. But maybe they showed up for the wrong reasons.

A lot of people here sadly demand change that would leave them rich and if possible out living in Europe somewhere. While I firmly believe that we have to work for something to change. Sadly, unless one knows somebody here, one is very limited in many aspects of life. Alright, that was my little rant about how the current situation in Russia is now. I am just trying to figure out the reason of why people are doing it. I try to think of what drives them, who they are, after all understanding is the key to change.

I think people would rebel against immigrants sooner then they would against the Elite. And the Elite is using the nationalist strings, and pays them perfectly. Seems the Elites have a lot of training in it. And I do believe the revolts if so happening would be mindless and merciless, look to 1917 and the turmoil around there.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
Hello concerned world citizen...

Thank you for your words as they are inspiring and just. Russia is one of the more evil empires as the whole power structure is invested by corrupt maffiosi and ex-KBG. While you are saying Russia used to be great I assume your impression was greater because you were young and discovering the world.

The world seems big as a child but is rather small as it consists mostly of your neighborhood and daily routine. Once we realize that our surroundings are perhaps not shaped after our wishes and controlled by forces with money and power our world becomes much bigger.

Big enough to feel lost and powerless. For Russia most hope is gone because of nationalism and years of government control. Fact that people like Stalin are considered the greatest Russian is evidence of that.

I said most hope, because people like yourselves are the dying flame of not only Russia's peoples hope but hope for all people around the world. There are so many boundaries that separate us from a more honest world that one cannot imagine overcoming them the next 500 years.

But leading up to that moment we are the generation that can prologue that 500 years into a 1000 or go back to our comfy lives wherever that may be.

Just words.. I know just words.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Trexter Ziam

More than three people in a public place. This is not unheard of un the UK. In my youth 3 lads I played babmington and myself where walking home after a game. We stood on the corner of one of the groups street where he lived for a few minutes and chatted.

A police car pulled up and not only insisted that we break up imediately or face arrest the police officer decided which directions we would take. The guy closest to home was sent in the oposite direction.

It happens daily in the uk even today.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

Dear Trexter Ziam.

Considering gatherings of three. Russia has something that is called "A single picket". Basically a single person standing there holding up a sign for, or against someone. That is allowed. What the current men in power do to get rid of such 'nuisance'? They have two activists from a Pro-Government youth movement join the single person and they begin to shout something too. Quickly the police comes to arrest the three for "unauthorized picketing" The two activists are then released and the single person is given a talk to for "Education Purposes" a fine, or if he's unlucky, he gets to spend 15 days in an administrative holding cell.

I wish s much as you that the No more then three gathered rule was a lie, and fiction. But I am very sure it is not. Folk holidays, obviously large families and other gatherings that the government and the police sees are not of a political nature are usually ignored. So it is not quite the 'You have a family of five, you're arrested' harshness. They haven't gone insane yet. But there was a gathering earlier, where people did not hold any political signs at all. The people just gathered to clap. They clapped and sung, they thought it would help. The brutal police dispersion of the clapping crowd showed them wrong. Even passerby people were arrested. Even those two people standing together clapping were arrested. They were all shoved into huge buses and driven dozens of kilometres to different police departments and fined.

/irony on That's a great way for the Government to gain much needed funds. The US Government should take after our Russian one, arrest every OWS protester and fine them hefty sums. poof - no monetary crisis! /irony off

Dear colin42

I did not know that was a common practice in the UK as well. But I wouldn't doubt that the police officer thought you were suspicious in some way. At least here if you don't seem to be yelling a political slogan, holing a sign, be located outside Government buildings, or on a rally, the police leaves you be. (Deity forbid you do them all at the same time!) Well, unless you were unfortunate enough to have darker skin. So that leads me to thin that UK police could be more harsh in one area of so called "Law Enforcement" and laxer in some other.

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: A reply or colin42

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: Commas commas commas!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   
reply to post by colin42

In the UK too? That's awful!

I hope Russia (and UK too?) wisens up and dispenses with the draconian laws. Those are laws made out of FEAR. Fear of losing power or fear of losing control (which is power in a sense).
-----------------------------------
And to the OP, I know very briefly about the 1905 and 1917 troubles in Russia. In America (where I am) we don't get a thorough World History in schooling ... well, not as thorough as my spouse's was. (Spouse from England) The Dr. Zhivago (spelling?) movie was merely an introduction to the Russian history.

Perhaps you'd elaborate on the points you see now correlating with your 1917 War. What is similiar and what is different in the overall political and economic environment?
edit on 7/11/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Trexter Ziam
reply to post by colin42

In the UK too? That's awful!

I hope Russia (and UK too?) wisens up and dispenses with the draconian laws. Those are laws made out of FEAR. Fear of losing power or fear of losing control (which is power in a sense).
-----------------------------------
And to the OP, I know very briefly about the 1905 and 1917 troubles in Russia. In America (where I am) we don't get a thorough World History in schooling ... well, not as thorough as my spouse's was. (Spouse from England) The Dr. Zhivago (spelling?) movie was merely an introduction to the Russian history.

Perhaps you'd elaborate on the points you see now correlating with your 1917 War. What is similiar and what is different in the overall political and economic environment?
edit on 7/11/2011 by Trexter Ziam because: (no reason given)

Dear Trexter Ziam

My meaning of correlation to 1917 and the turmoil years around there is merely what Russian people (which could be such an enigma) can do if pushed far enough. I was thinking that if we were in such a state we'd be a horribly mighty power. That is why I think our Government tries to keep each and every citizen disconnected, and in their own 'safe' 'cradle' to avoid this. I did not in any way allude to me thinking a new world war is on the verge, neither is hunger, or disease. Deity forbid. But I know some people around, not many, but the friends I do have all tell me their patience is running thin.

A multiple of factors are contributing, the unemployment, the horrible immigration laws (most often authorities let immigrant murderers go in fear of their family repercussion and other things I cannot clearly formulate in lack of knowledge and words) I wouldn't want (Or maybe I'm denying the signs) see my country as on the verge of a civil war. But there are sure to be revolts. And I think I wanted to make a point that a horde of Russian people might do something stupid again, like communism, if guided. And I'm sure the current people in power will go over to a destructive scenario if their current plan fails. Anything goes to be in power.

I just truly do not wish for it to evolve that way, like in 1917 when a horde of Russians guided by outer forces did a very stupid thing. And the whole world has been regretting it for the past 90 or so years, and hating my country it seems. But the current state of affairs doesn't satisfy me either. I hope that was at least some answer to your question. I am not a very good orator ,never was. I do ask forgiveness for those large, possibly incoherent posts. But sitting here and not writing anything would be even worse.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   

Considering gatherings of three. Russia has something that is called "A single picket". Basically a single person standing there holding up a sign for, or against someone. That is allowed. What the current men in power do to get rid of such 'nuisance'? They have two activists from a Pro-Government youth movement join the single person and they begin to shout something too. Quickly the police comes to arrest the three for "unauthorized picketing" The two activists are then released and the single person is given a talk to for "Education Purposes" a fine,or if he's unlucky, he gets to spend 15 days in an administrative holding cell. ...

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: A reply or colin42

That's similiar to the "Black Bloc" tactic. (It's on Wiki)

Here, protestors cannot block access to buildings, fire hydrants, nor emergency services.

Entering public buildings (like the banks) is probably covered under civil statutes, rather than criminal laws. It would be up to the owner or manager to request to have them removed. I could be wrong, others on ATS will know more law than I know.

Sometimes, towns will enact curfews to curb late hour protesting.

But, we don't YET have any draconian law that forbids a gathering of three or more. Heck, if every single American wanted to join a protest against something; that would be legal as long as it was "PEACEABLE".

Vandalism is never allowed and is normally done by "Black Bloc"s to counter the protest.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

While I was referring to the Russian Civil Wars and not WW1; you did answer my question and I thank you.

You have a strange immigration problem; but, authorities here are just now beginning to drop criminal illegal aliens off back on their own homeland side of the border, instead of prosecuting them. Here, they just started doing that to save money.

We thank you for your posts. I know how difficult it is to try to speak or write in a non-1st language and appreciate your posts.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Dear Trexter Ziam, a "long thoughts on 'paper' " follows.

Though many banks are owned by the Government in Russia, they are still blocked off by high fences with guards around. Thank you for that 'Black Bloc' expression, I will look it up. The Government must be really desperate if it does such a thing. The elections in 2012 are coming up, there is "United Russia" propaganda everywhere. Though the same people on top of that party (And others) Have cut down a very important forest for a payed highway, with many possible other alternatives. They have blocked off the center of Moscow with checkpoints and they don't even lie about it "It's for our security and protection" Never mind the people who live there who have to be humiliated by the police checkups.

The main Orthodox High Patriarch (Gundyaev) Is building a multi-billion huge palace! With unknown funds and has illegally hogged acres upon acres of public forest and beach near the Black Sea. That is similar how the czars "Smeared gold on his bread" before the revolts in 1917.

What differs is the Net. It can connect so many people, and it should, it should help them make the right choice. (I have no idea what it is though, everyone from the People need to come together to a consensus) But the people aren't doing anything! Even when the police kicks them, the Government takes their jobs and gives it to the immigrants, even when horrible other atrocities are committed not a single person raises their head and smiles, not a single person walks peacefully into a Government house and demands his rightful time with a so called "people servant" to solve local neighborhood issues. I am still trying to think of why.

There's no fluoride in our water supply! (Mostly a joke, I'm not a big fan of conspiracies in general about that fluoride thing.) But I think it lies deep inside, and would take something I can't think of to root out. Ever since the Soviet regime people have become grey figures (grey as in dull, bland, unnoticeable) For over seventy years you could walk down the streets of Moscow and not see a single smile, or a happy face. Frowns wherever I go. Maybe I need to change towns? Maybe I need to change planets?
Once again I am sorry for my long rantish writing.

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: Small grammar corrections

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

I am aware of the situation in Russia, I am so sorry for you guys! For the population Russia has, I can say Russia has the largest amount of resources per citisen, and yes it is one of the most beautiful countries on the planet. Yet, people live in deep poverty, I was shoked to find out the life expectancy in Rusdssia is smaller than some African countries and the population is in demographic collapse! Reason? Cultural, the people simply do not fight enough for their future, and this allows oligarchy to take over as a main form of government.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   
Can't talk much to Russia, as it is certainly not free. Russia is an Eastern Bloc nation, and generally tends to lean towards collectivism instead of individualism. Laws written to promote individual rights are rarely followed, as individual rights mean nothing compared to the collective.

However, as it relates to the UK...i would advise that you stop asking permission. If you live in a "free" country, stop asking for your rights. Stop demanding your rights. To do so is to acknowledge that people have the authority to take them away, and to decide when you get them.

Man has no dominion over rights. If you want rights, then take them. Live like you have rights. Walk in the steps of liberty. Of course, tyrants will attempt to seize your rights as soon as you begin to use them without their permission. Just keep on...rights are not theirs to take.

I quit demanding rights long, long ago. I just live them without asking permission. They ARE mine, afterall.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Dear Texan.

I do admire your bravery, but I don't think I alone could grab my rights without ending up in prison like so many others before me. Russian prisons are terrible places. Though I would hate for you to think I'm just able to sit in my comfy chair and write, and that's all I can do.Your post did make me feel torn though. I am sorry but I do not have the correct words now to answer you fully, like I did to some posters above.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:04 PM
link   

The main Orthodox High Patriarch (Gundyaev) Is building a multi-billion huge palace! With unknown funds and has illegally hogged acres upon acres of public forest and beach near the Black Sea.

Reading this, makes me weep.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
reply to post by teapot

Dear Teapot, could you specify what in that sentence made you weep? Was it because religious leaders exploit our land, wherever they are? Or did you weep with laughter from my possibly awkward sentence structure?

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: Removed an extra period, darn spellings.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

My friend, you are on an international forum with an international membership. English seems to be the most common language among the free world, so lots of folks can speak it to one degree or another. Many, many of our members have poor sentence structure and grammar. But, like you, they are still easy to understand unless one is dimwitted. If anyone wants to make fun of your ability to speak and write a SECONDARY language, may the be scorned by all members of ATS for their behavior.

I think the poster cried because of the misuse of religious authority to take from hard working people who likely would not mind giving of their own free will.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
reply to post by RumET

Hello and Welcome,
Can I ask one question please. For decades I spent much of my spare time drifting around the world via SWL. I recall how one evening I listened to 'Radio Moscow', and heard one Russian representative explain how the USSR then ensured less crime. He stated how each evening, around 07:00pm A curfew was enforced that forbid young Russian's from being on the streets. Questions is, "Does this Curfew still exist???" Interesting here int the UK because such a curfew was suggested a few years back

Take it easy and wish you all the best for years ahead.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
reply to post by steaming

Dear steaming, thank you for the welcome.

Now that you mention it fellow radio lover yes. There is a curfew for young people in Russia, I am well over that age now so it slipped my mind. Here is a short snip I managed to find online, it dates back to 2009, when the curfew went in effect. Taken from here

On April 20, it was announced that President Dmitry Medvedev approved the changes to children's rights law, allowing regional authorities to bar minors under the age of 18, unaccompanied by parents or legal guardians, from public places - “for example, in the street, stadiums, parks, squares, public transport and Internet cafes” - from 10 PM to 6 AM.

But as they say in Russia, and forgive my translation "The harshness of the Law is outweighed by the unnecessity of obeying it." Hmm, I guess it means that even despite the curfew many young people are outside in Russia and they still commit crime. The police is using the curfew as an extortion to some point, towards those minors it dislikes and/or their families.

edit on 7/11/2011 by RumET because: Courtesy, courtesy, courtesy

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join