It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How Your BS Anonymous Hacking Threats Get Made

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Apparently all it takes these days to spark a media hacking frenzy is a copy of iMovie, a voice synthesizer and a painfully overblown prose style. Slap up the Anonymous logo (or better yet, one of the pre-made videos of a masked Anonymous figure speaking) select a dramatic soundtrack—that creepy song from Requiem from a Dream is a favorite—and spout off something about how a hot issue of the day has "angered" Anonymous so prepare to meet your doom, We are Legion, Tunisia, Egypt blah, blah, blah.

Article is pretty spot on. There are so man of these retarded videos on YouTube it's not even funny. I suppose it's to be expected from a group that has no real cause or leadership and who's membership can be gained by going down to the local costume store and dropping $5 on a Guy Fawkes mask. My intent in posting this is to help others realize that not everything you see related to the group is a threat, and that anyone, anywhere can fly the Anonymous banner. Read the article for a list of ridiculous threats and their outcomes.

Link

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Domo1
Article is pretty spot on. There are so man of these retarded videos on YouTube it's not even funny

I couldn't agree more, the whole "Anonymous" video non-phenomena is retarded crap. Only weak minded individuals would follow an online nameless, faceless clown

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

I think it bears noting that the same is true for any open membership organization. There have been alot of dumb things said by people waving the OWS or Tea Party banner that the organization might not be about. I think it's important to see a difference between politics and activism though. In politics, there's a party line, an ethos. There's a socioeconomic outcome they strive for. Activism tends to be more specific. Instead of simply having a general sense of what is preferred. With activism, there is an agenda of activity that is often, but not always politiclly motivated. That's where Anonomous sits. They have a dispersed sense of identity and yes, that will lead to alot of misrepresentation, but in reality Anonomous is not about a idealogical concept, it's about a brand of activism.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by VivaDiscordia

Anonomous is not about a idealogical concept, it's about a brand of activism.

It used to just be about having fun back in the day. This IRL stuff is a weird twist in my opinion.

I liked what you said though. Star from me.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Domo1

Thems the breaks when groups go mainstream. It's all fun and games until someone gets "a big idea". It's just the evolution of a social group. Sucks to be left behind, though and the changes aren't always for the best.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

Article is pretty spot on. There are so man of these retarded videos on YouTube it's not even funny

I couldn't agree more, the whole "Anonymous" video non-phenomena is retarded crap. Only weak minded individuals would follow an online nameless, faceless clown

and by that logic, I guess your a smart strong fellow if you follow a named face like Obama or any of the other people maintaining the status quo with a nice cheery smile on their face.

While I don't necessarily believe we need to hide behind the anonymity of Anon, what they are preaching can't be denied. They are getting the ball rolling.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
The problem with being anonymous is that just about anyone can impersonate being part of the group.

How do you tell the difference between someone who is part of Anonymous and someone who only wants people to think they are?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins
How do you tell the difference between someone who is part of Anonymous and someone who only wants people to think they are?

That's the paradox of Anonymous.

On one hand, some people would like you to believe that there's an official, ''legit'' Anon, but then that contradicts the idea that they are a spontaneous, leaderless group, as some hierarchical structure must exist for one group of people operating under that name to designate themselves as the ''real'' Anonymous.

In reality, anyone claiming to be Anonymous is Anonymous, as there is no leaderless way to declare one person, or group of people, who identify themselves under that banner, as being any more valid than the other.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

The problem with being anonymous is that just about anyone can impersonate being part of the group.

But I think that is Anonymous' main point. Any and all of us can participate and be anonymous in their initiative for the time being. They even asked us to make videos and 'art' for them to spread the message.

Just look at sites like Facebook, Google, and Youtube all linking their accounts together. TPTB are collectively trying to 'de-anontify' the Internet. They don't like that people can hide behind screen names and post whatever they want without their true identify being known to everyone. They want to tame the Internet.

The real question is… is Anonymous part of that plan or are they truly fighting to keep the Internet anonymous. That I can’t tell you and don’t know yet.

What Sherlock said^^^

edit on 7-11-2011 by tooo many pills because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes

Originally posted by Resinveins

That's the paradox of Anonymous.

On one hand, some people would like you to believe that there's an official, ''legit'' Anon, but then that contradicts the idea that they are a spontaneous, leaderless group, as some hierarchical structure must exist for one group of people operating under that name to designate themselves as the ''real'' Anonymous.

In reality, anyone claiming to be Anonymous is Anonymous, as there is no leaderless way to declare one person, or group of people, who identify themselves under that banner, as being any more valid than the other.

my initial belief/opinion is that they operate loosely under the veil of "fake" anons so they have more space to work with. perhaps the people who don't want us aware/speaking out can't trace them because there is so much clutter out there due to the fake anons running amok which brings me back, the "real" anons possibly don't even operate under any assumed names and it's all a distraction. if they were smart anyways.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
A lot of these OPs are starting out as facebook groups. Operation facebook started as a simple facebook page with a badly made video claiming to be anon, it gathered nearly 14,000 fans which caused it to spread past facebook.

I made a facebook page and gathered over 100,000 fans in 2 weeks !!! , what i'm saying is ANYONE can make a Facebook page and the cool kids over at 4chan take it as fact and it goes viral. If i could do it anyone can do it, and if you know how to you can get fans very very quick. you dont need anon you can do it by yourself.

Here's a few of there facebook group ops, yeah i know it's only facebook but this is where most of them are now coming from.

Op Facebook www.facebook.com...
Op Payback www.facebook.com...

just take a look at the Op payback group and scroll through the pages they have liked, notice all the operations ? Some of these are actually happening but the majority are complete BS. I've been lurking on these pages for over a year, it's not just one person it's many people with complete differant agendas, from pro palestine to pro israel. just my 2 cents
edit on 7-11-2011 by Thetawave because: .

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Resinveins

That's sort of the point. Anyone can be and everyone is.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah, but the very notion of ''real'' and ''fake'' Anon contradicts the idea that the group is leaderless. Any definition of a ''real'' Anon would have to be a self-declared title, which would be an act of claiming leadership and exclusivity of the movement, thereby making a mockery of the supposed idea that they are a movement with no hierarchical structure.

The Anonykids fanboys don't seem to get this, and appear to be only too keen to support a group which could put out a message one day, while also putting out the diametric opposite of that same message, the next day.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:43 PM
link   

It Spreads

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/di4e85f665.gif[/atsimg]

Actually more like smearing. It's on the seat, the bottom of their shoes and all over the floor. It's called BS!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

It Spreads

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/files/img/di4e85f665.gif[/atsimg]

Actually more like smearing. It's on the seat, the bottom of their shoes and all over the floor. It's called BS!

Kind of like an OCCU PIE in the face!!!

MY GRANDMA IS ANONYMOUS!!

HACKER GRANNIES FTW!!
edit on 7-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
The worst part of all of this is.... look at the OWS protests
It has no message and no direction but a large crowd so anyone can hitch a ride on it

Same thing with Anon
the most non-transparent entity ever with people who consider themselves dissenters as supporters

Lead the opposition as Stalin said

Looks like people joining a group because it's the trend of the quarter

All it does is weaken the idea of protesting and being against the establisment

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sherlock Holmes
reply to post by yourmaker

Yeah, but the very notion of ''real'' and ''fake'' Anon contradicts the idea that the group is leaderless. Any definition of a ''real'' Anon would have to be a self-declared title, which would be an act of claiming leadership and exclusivity of the movement, thereby making a mockery of the supposed idea that they are a movement with no hierarchical structure.

The Anonykids fanboys don't seem to get this, and appear to be only too keen to support a group which could put out a message one day, while also putting out the diametric opposite of that same message, the next day.

I agree. bear with me these thoughts are abstract for the moment.

when anon was initially created, I imagine they used those principles as a means to propel a mixture of messages,

it's in that loose paradigm which we find our ability to mold a movement out of.

the ones calling for a real a change, a real moral shift.

everyone else gets drowned out eventually by the concise message that the people who wish to change can bring.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by ModernAcademia
The worst part of all of this is.... look at the OWS protests
It has no message and no direction but a large crowd so anyone can hitch a ride on it

Same thing with Anon
the most non-transparent entity ever with people who consider themselves dissenters as supporters

Lead the opposition as Stalin said

Looks like people joining a group because it's the trend of the quarter

All it does is weaken the idea of protesting and being against the establisment

perhaps that is the best thing that could happen. don't you see it's opening your eyes to a whole new prospect?
you can clearly see what we SHOULD be doing instead of what they are.

also its out of that random cluster of people that you find a few golden, unthought of, and untouched ideas which if developed could change the world.

but most will be too willfully, yet understandably ignorant to the fact that change starts with you.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
Many of you know nothing about Anon.

This (OP's point) is both the downfall AND strength of Anon.

Remember, everyone is Anon, so there is no "fake" operation.

BUT, only operations supported by the rest of the Anon community succeed.

Anon is real democracy, it's great IMO.

If you don't like specific operations, make your own that support your views. But pointing at specific operations to generalize the whole is just an ignorant thing to do, because as I said, Anon is everyone including you whether you like it or not. Before you flame me and tell me you are not part of Anon, let me remind you Anon is just a concept and not a group like many (including those who say they are Anon) potray it to be.

Also don't forget Anon was created to with the purpose of creating "lulz"
I've already said too much and violated rules 1 and 2.
edit on 7-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2011 by CREAM because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by yourmaker
perhaps that is the best thing that could happen. don't you see it's opening your eyes to a whole new prospect?
you can clearly see what we SHOULD be doing instead of what they are.

not really unfortunately
I'm too against protesting in large crowds for you have no idea what then fewer protestors against something real

I'm not at all saying there's no problem
if you look at my thread/post history you will see that

But their message, if you can call it that, is so baddddd

They don't have a consistent message and the majority of what I have heard is too unrealistic
free this and free that during an economic crisis, it's so dangerous to me

And i've always been against Anon if you look at my thread/posts history
Is Slayer said why would anyone support a faceless enemy with nothing but e-attacks under their nameless belt

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join