It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

GOP: Is Mary Cheney an abomination?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:20 AM
link   
How can a father disavow one of his children for political gain? The GOP has made it point one to have numerous little kids running around the convention, to promote the "sensitive side" to their hate filled & fear mongering rhetoric.
Yet, after his "acknowledgement" about his 'Gay Daughter Mary', and his whole "sensitive" outreach ( contrary to his "boss's " stance on the issue
), he was , after his speech, with his whole family on stage, except for Mary!
Both daughters are in comitted long term relationships, but Mary, forced to stay in her seat by the hardcore-raw meat appeal to the GOP base of Christian Fundies, watched as every other Cheney by birth or marriage was up there.

To quote ..."it was Repugnant!!"

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:24 AM
link   
Perhaps she wasn't on stage because she was not about to show support for the Republican party, or be part of the hatemongering going on.

At any rate, her not being on stage brought attention to the issue and may just alienate more voters away from the GOP. It's a win-win

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:25 AM
link   
I don't think that Mary showed up out of her respect for her dad. He has stated on previous times that he does not agree with Bush on this issue. Please don't use his family for your hate filled musings. If you have proof that Mary was excluded by the GOP, show me and I will agree with you. But if not, then please find another angle to use your hate.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:32 AM
link   
You know if it somebody that I see as straight forward is Mrs. Cheney not only she has to deal with her daughter choices of life style and care less what other thinks about her. She is strong enough to deal with the ice cold looks of her husband.

I think she is a very nice lady and she is not scare to speak her mind also and she does it with the various book she writes.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:34 AM
link   
Your "proof" ? She wasn't on stage with the rest of the family!!!
So what, her feet hurt?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:36 AM
link   
I totally saw that! And could not believe it.
How dispicable.

HYPOCRITS.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Was she even at the convention? I did not see her there.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:41 AM
link   
There is no evidence that Mary Cheney was excluded from the GOP Lovefest. But wouldn't any sane person agree the Republican's promote hate filled & fear mongering rhetoric? Isn't it accurate to say Ol Dickie Boy represents the interests of the Oil and Lumber industry? (Closed meetings with heads of the oil industry are Okie Dokie in his book).

And how bout GWB the cowardly party boy? Wouldn't we say lil' Georgie ran like the whining Yale cheerleader (Yes the boy was a rah rah girl at Yale) when it came to serving his country? None of these facts can be disputed. But the ol Redneck Jesus crowd somehow finds it moral to attack Kerry's war record.

My Mama says no person is entitled to say diddlie about Kerry's war record unless they were in his shoes. And Moms is a 78 year old life long Republican who told me, "Son, it's about time someone takes the Texas trash out to the curb. Things are getting pretty smelly around here" (Keep in mind my mother speaks in metaphors and no person I know has any intention of "taking the Texas trash out". In fact I'm certain she wasn't referring to any member of the Bush family). Got it?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:00 PM
link   
spud, No doubt you mom was not advocating violence against the Bush's. do you think that the left is lilly white? do you think that only "ol Redneck Jesus crowd" are attacking Kerry's war record. Last time I checked these are veterans of Vietnam, so I would assume that they walked in his shoes. you my fried are a racist. you assume that anyone who would question Kerry's record, the same one that he wants to use as the centerpeice of his campaign are the ol Redneck Jesus crowd. you sterotype all republicans by sayig we are with the extreme right, and claim the moral high ground by claiming we promote hate filled & fear mongering rhetoric. I say you are just following the same Democratic talking points that have been sent out by the DNC.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Yes, Mary was there.

Yes, she was sitting there & not on stage. By design of exclusion & by virtue of tie in to the hate/exclusion theme of the RNC.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:53 PM
link   
Bout Time, I did not stay clued to my TV, I have a life. I have the internet to keep me informed about what went on. You speak of hate, but to be honest, is it not hate to enter into a room and try to break up the lawful gathering. You woulld be outraged if a Republican went to a Gay meeting to promote Gay policies and attempted to shout down the speaker. Yet you are proud of the protestors. I suggest that you are the one who is filled with hate. your attacks on the republicans have been over the board. I believe that the reason you only can claim it's the republican that are hateful, is because you have Kerry and he does not have any issues to debate.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by jrsdls
Bout Time, I did not stay clued to my TV, I have a life. I have the internet to keep me informed about what went on. You speak of hate, but to be honest, is it not hate to enter into a room and try to break up the lawful gathering. You woulld be outraged if a Republican went to a Gay meeting to promote Gay policies and attempted to shout down the speaker. Yet you are proud of the protestors. I suggest that you are the one who is filled with hate. your attacks on the republicans have been over the board. I believe that the reason you only can claim it's the republican that are hateful, is because you have Kerry and he does not have any issues to debate.

I'm sure you have a fulfilling life, with all these examples of enlightenment you grace us with, but what does that have to do with the fact that you're not even watching live, for a first hand account, something that you choose to bluster on about ad nauseum!?
You obviously have not watched both conventions to see issues & solutions talked about at the DNC with scarcely a mention of Bush, while the RNC has talked exclusively about terror, 9/11 and character destruction on John Kerry.

Go back to bed!

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 01:49 PM
link   
actually I did watch the Democratic convention, from start to finish. both parties try to take down each other with character destruction. Hench Bush equates to Hitler comments ran by the DNC approved 527 called moveon.org. Both side do this. I would love to talk with you about economic issues, but all you would do is blast anything a republican might say. You preach against Hate, but you Hate. I would love to talk about why trial lawyers are causing the health industry to raise premiums on coverage, because of all the frivilous law suits, but I can't because Kerry refuses to discuss his solutions other than raise the tax rate to pay for everything. It's eazy to hate speak, you do it oh so well. I have yet to see you have a decent remark to anything a Republican has stated. You just blame, and smear, and pray on peoples fears. People respond back with the way they are talked to.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:06 PM
link   
My favourite Cheney story is the one where he lambasts all around him for not being whole-heartedly 'into' his and 'Dub-ya's' war enough.....

....and then the subject of his own draft-dodging comes up. Mr deferrment himself just loves having the DOB of his own kids brought into this as they show just how dispicable and low the guy is.

Even his kids got used. Check it out, to the month no less.

....and they think they can talk about - and be given the time of day - over their opinions of who is or is not 'fit'!?

Topseyturvey world time or what?

[edit on 2-9-2004 by sminkeypinkey]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 02:10 PM
link   
Well I have to see bush speech today after all I want to see how many times he use the word "terror" maybe we should bet on it,

And occurs I want to know if he has something to say about this country beside Al-queda, I bet bin-laden will not eve be mention, I wonder if he will said this world is a better world after invading Iraq and bombing Afghanistan and how many times, and how much of really US and his people is in his mine without mentioning "terror" again.

And occurs who can forget his speeches they are unforgettable.

This is going to be fun.

And for Mary I will say not to be ashame her mother is not. (Go girl)

new topics

top topics

join