It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

U.S. Drone Kills 16-Year-Old Pakistani Boy Days After He Attends Anti-Drone Organizing Meeting

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Ignore the propaganda.

A terrorist was killed and it should be celebrated.

I hope someday you visit Pakistan. That's all I have to say to you.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by CREAM

Ignore the propaganda.

A terrorist was killed and it should be celebrated.

I hope someday you visit Pakistan. That's all I have to say to you.

It's on my travel list right after Iran, and right before Syria.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   
reply to post by pthena

I used to like the Laura Croft Tomb Raider video games.
I got part way through The third of more recent releases and ran into a section where you had to massacre the entire crew of a ship. On my second attempt, I realized you had to go completely berserk to accomplish the task, so I never played it again and that was three years ago because I got it when it first came out, Underworld.
Now I stick to using a flight simulation video game, without firing weapons.
Playing first person shooter games changes the way your mind works and better to stay away and I encourage other people to do that. I think it is designed to desensitize people. They (TPTB) do this on purpose to make killers. What I learned from playing counter-Strike online was that in an actual fair fight I would die rather quickly.

edit on 7-11-2011 by jmdewey60 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by pthena

I'll wager that there is far more to this story that what has been given.

In Afganistan a drone isn't going to target two individuals unless they were doing something obvious to draw attention such as digging on a road to bury an explosive.

In Pakistan, the drones are used to target--not without mistakes--leaders of some ranking in the Taliban in vehicles and gatherings. So the reported killing of two young boys in Pakistan leads me to suspect that the story is bogus to a large degree. Perhaps they were burying a bomb and it exploded and a drone was blamed? How better to make martyr?

Yeah thats the thing. There's always 2 sides to a story, it is never one sided unless youre a fool that believes everything he sees and hears. Theres an old saying that goes like this:

"Believe only half of what you see and none of what you hear", i may have that backwards but i believe thats the correct telling.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
Ron Paul on Fox Sunday 11-7-2011

Chris Wallace: But, for instance, drones; a lot of people say that the drones have been terrifically effective, they’ve taken out a lot of the Al-Qaida leadership, it doesn’t involve putting troops on the ground, it’s cheap. As I said, it doesn’t involve a lot of manpower, and it does strike, and it’s been very deadly in its effectiveness. So why are you against drone strikes?

Ron Paul: Because I don’t agree with that assessment, I think it makes things worse. Because if you have one bad guy, and you go after him and say, “He’s the one, he’s an Al-Qaida leader, let’s kill him”. But sometimes they miss, sometimes there’s collateral damage, and every time we do that, we develop more enemies. Take, for instance, we’re dropping a lot of drone missile bombs in Pakistan and claim we’ve killed so many. But how about the innocent people who died? Nobody hears about that. This is why the people of Pakistan can’t stand our guts and why they disapprove of their own government. So we’re bombing Pakistan and trying to kill some people, making a lot of mistakes, building up our enemies, and at the same time, we’re giving billions of dollars to the government of Pakistan and we’re more or less inciting a civil war there. So I think that makes us less safe, for every one you kill, you probably create 10 new people who hate our guts and would like to do us harm.
www.ronpaul.com...
I agree with Dr. Paul entirely.

edit on 7-11-2011 by robyn because: add source

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:08 AM
link   
reply to post by lonewolf19792000

There's always 2 sides to a story, it is never one sided unless youre a fool that believes everything he sees and hears.

Yeah, that's the thing. The Official US Position has already been stated:

CIA Drones Gone Wild?
The Wall Street Journal reported last week that the U.S. government doesn’t actually know who it’s killing with many of its drone strikes in Pakistan. That suggests the United States may well be violating international law.
. . .
[note by pthena, now for official statement]
John Brennan, President Obama’s senior counterterrorism advisor, has actually claimed “there hasn’t been a single collateral death” from drone strikes, due to their precision.

That's the reason that the meeting was held in Islamabad. That's a highly inaccurate(lie) statement made by Brennan. Journalists are trying to rectify the imbalance of information.

But that stands in stark contrast to the findings of such groups as the Bureau for Investigative Journalism, which has been reporting on the casualties of drone strikes since 2004. The team of British and Pakistani journalists in a report released in August documented 306 strikes from remotely piloted drones that killed between 2,359 and 2,959 people. The bureau reports that in Pakistan, it has found credible reports of 392 civilian deaths, include 175 children.

- - Ibid.

edit on 8-11-2011 by pthena because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
reply to post by jmdewey60

Diablo 2 is the game I played the most. It turns out I was very atypical, in that I tended to humanize my characters and took responsibility for their well being. I'd get a bit traumatized if my character got killed, "oh man! I let my character get killed!" have to take a long break before playing again.

I did manage to get a character all the way through Normal Mode and Nightmare Mode before finally getting killed in Hell Mode.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:15 AM
link   
reply to post by CREAM

So my point is, drones can very easily backfire and cause the opposite of the intended purpose.

I found an interview given by Chris Woods, one of the journalists of The Bureau of Investigative Journalism, with Joby Warrick, author of The Triple Agent, about the Jordanian doctor, Humam Khalil al-Balawi's suicide bombing of a CIA facility in December 2009.

The CIA, a dirty bomb plot and drones: an interview with Joby Warrick
[CW]:Time after time the drone strikes themselves are cited as the reason for attacks by the TTP and others. Is there any sense of concern in the US intelligence community that the very results they’re generating might be creating problems for the future?

JW: You look at the words of these suicide bombers themselves, including Balawi, and they cite these strikes, Balawi in his martyrdom video, saying ‘Don’t think you can just push buttons and kill people over here and get away with it. We’re going to come for you in unexpected ways.’ That was his farewell message to the CIA. I think on some level they’re certainly aware of it, aware that [drone strikes] have consequences and that’s why in their own words they try to be very careful.

But on the other hand they [the US] honestly believe that this is the best tool that they’ve got. And that short of a much longer and more complicated undertaking of trying to change views, reduce the extremism and hostility which is not such an easy thing to accomplish, this is the only recourse they have, the only way of reaching into a place like the tribal areas, and stopping al Qaeda from being able to plan that thing. And they look at the people they’ve been able to take out, and they believe on balance that it’s made the world safer, or at least our world. Though of course the final chapter still has to be written on that.

This whole covert drone war is highly dysfunctional if it's an attempt to "change views, reduce hostility". The opposite is guaranteed. Perhaps your friend's father does only reconnaissance? There does seem to be a 10x likelihood, recon vs kill run.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:18 AM
link   

the point of the story is that men need to man up and stop hiding behind toys .combat is one on one with an equal enemy . stop being cowards you little lost ones

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Ignore the propaganda.

A terrorist was killed and it should be celebrated. [/quote

and I guess you will be quit happy when someone targets you for supporting the biggest terrorists of them all.. The USA government...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

The pilots of these drones never get to see the mangled bodies of the children they kill. They might be a little hesitant about pushing the kill button if they did see what they do. I'll bet they are kept like slaves and not allowed contact with the outside world. They are the Borg, resistance is futile.
reply to post by earthdude

Unfortunately, more military weapons are being developed like this. Remove any sense of human morality behind the weapon and you have a killing machine without a conscious. In the future, the people in power will be able to wage war on their own in the safety of a bunker and a controller in their hands.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:38 AM
link   

There's always 2 sides to a story, it is never one sided unless youre a fool that believes everything he sees and hears.
Right . . and you probably think Pakistan is some sort of named country in Old Testament apocalyptic prophecy of people to be destroyed by God.
You need to look at it in a different way, which is, God is not using US drones to extract vengeance on some genetically evil race the world needs to be purged of. These are human beings just like you and are deserving of God's grace just as much as you are, and we do not need to pretend the US government is the sanctified military arm of God. We aren't. Our government has been co-opted by global elitists looking out for their own personal bank accounts and care nothing about God.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:52 AM
link   
Here is another good version of this story, from the New York Times, hard to argue with the fact this was a completely innocent boy Pakistan Drone Kills Innocent Ally This article really brings home the horror of these things. What in the name of God are we doing in Afghanistan or Pakistan? Bin Laden was in Afghanistan when 9/11 went down, that is it... The Taliban had nothing to do with 9/11, zero, and they were willing to turn Bin Laden over to a neutral Muslim country... they wanted to unload him... We are living in a massive matrix, we must unplug.. here is a good article on doing just that The Infomocracy Dileamma: Revolution or Disengangement?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:44 AM
link   
Barbaric. And we walk around like our # doesn't stink, yet we kill and maim indiscriminantly with these drones

Americans don't care about this. But one day, when these drones are used on American soil against us...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:38 AM
link   
reply to post by pthena

That is the most ridiculous and frankly irresponsible assertion I have come across in a while. You truly believe that our Govt. or frankly ANYONE.... targeted a kid because he was at a rally? Really? Now we have Govt. officials worried about a child at a rally? Talk about inventing and exaggerating a booogy man.

"Out in the open" - "while traveling" --- What do you think this is, a video game? You honestly think they saw this child on a camera, on a drone moving hundreds of miles an hour? Or does this drone have the ability to transmit a picture inside a vehicle?

Unfortunately this is just a coincidence... OR a blatant lie.. propaganda from the other direction...

this right here is proof that our "civilization" is DOOMED - People will believe ANYTHING!

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
What's the relevance of a “drone” killed or any other sci-fi weapon killed ?

Would you prefer the old fashion of killing? The religion of peace is very good at it.
Here is a short list from recent days:

150 killed in Nigeria attacks by Islamist

www.skynews.com.au...

Syria protests: At least 19 killed

www.bbc.co.uk...

Syrian crackdown has killed 3,500 – U.N.

uk.reuters.com...

Afghan roadside bomb 'kills 11'

www.google.com...

12 Americans Die as Blast Hits Bus in Afghanistan

www.nytimes.com...

Baghdad Market Bombs Kill At Least 8

www.huffingtonpost.com...

Pakistan: Muslims gun down four Hindu doctors

www.jihadwatch.org...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Tell the kid to stop harboring terroirst and stand up and fight them. The quicker the terrorist to die , the quicker we leave.

They use them as human shields which is to bad. They support it. So kill them both. In my opinion.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12
Tell the kid to stop harboring terroirst and stand up and fight them. The quicker the terrorist to die , the quicker we leave.

They use them as human shields which is to bad. They support it. So kill them both. In my opinion.

The utilization of human shields is the modus operandi of Islamic militants all over the world. It is a very effective propoganda tool.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by Anusuia

the point of the story is that men need to man up and stop hiding behind toys .combat is one on one with an equal enemy . stop being cowards you little lost ones

In order for that to happen all modern weapons need to be destroyed and the use of swords and melee weapons need to become dominant again and that isn't going to happen.

I am not a man of violence, i have no desire to see anyone get blown to bits, or hacked to pieces or to die in any fashion. I couldn't live with myself if i killed someone, wether accidentally or on purpose. The idea of taking away someone's gift of life is horrifying to me and is also the reason i do not support abortion.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by jmdewey60

Right . . and you probably think Pakistan is some sort of named country in Old Testament apocalyptic prophecy of people to be destroyed by God.
You need to look at it in a different way, which is, God is not using US drones to extract vengeance on some genetically evil race the world needs to be purged of. These are human beings just like you and are deserving of God's grace just as much as you are, and we do not need to pretend the US government is the sanctified military arm of God. We aren't. Our government has been co-opted by global elitists looking out for their own personal bank accounts and care nothing about God.

I never said the U.S. military was the sanctified arm of God now did i? No one "deserves" the grace of the Lord, we all deserve death is what we do deserve. It is by his grace that we are forgiven and do not reap the rewards of sin.

I am under no illusions as to think that we can control anything. I already know who is running the show and the evidence of what our country has done proves that we are controlled by The Anti-Christ.

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join