It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Foreign expertise has brought Iran to threshold of nuclear capability

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
This is a good piggyback to why Russia and China always seem to be on the radar.

Intelligence provided to U.N. nuclear officials shows that Iran’s government has mastered the critical steps needed to build a nuclear weapon, receiving assistance from foreign scientists to overcome key technical hurdles, according to Western diplomats and nuclear experts briefed on the findings.

Documents and other records provide new details on the role played by a former Soviet weapons scientist who allegedly tutored Iranians over several years on building high-precision detonators of the kind used to trigger a nuclear chain reaction, the officials and experts said. Crucial technology linked to experts in Pakistan and North Korea also helped propel Iran to the threshold of nuclear capability, they added.

The Russia part anyways.

Here is the scary part:

Iranian scientists worked concurrently across multiple disciplines to obtain key skills needed to make and test a nuclear weapon that could fit inside the country’s long-range missiles, said David Albright, a former U.N. weapons inspector who has reviewed the intelligence files.

Now I know that deciding if Iran can have nuclear technology or not creates controversy here on ATS. I can see both sides of the issue.

Iran maintains its stance that it is only using it for energy.

Which I think is a cause of concern too. If Japan can have a major radiation issue despite its technology, imagine what Iran can do.
To me, that is almost a threat in itself.

But the fact that Iran went to great lengths to hide it, is also a concern.

Now to the interesting part:

There is no evidence that Russian government officials knew of Danilenko’s activities in Iran. ­E-mails requesting comment from Russian officials in Washington and Moscow were not returned. Efforts to reach Danilenko through his former company were not successful.

I know nothing of Russian legislation on nuclear technology. Just like it is hard to get this information in the US because of protections in place, does Russia legislate the transfer of nuclear information?

Does Russia even mention an effort to look into this matter?

How does Russia not keep track of one of their prominent nuclear experts?

Any infformation on this would be appreciated.

washingtonpost

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
Great more undeserving children with the power of the atom.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
he is a private citizen, if he want's to work for iran and make 10's of millions of dollars, then it's his business.

what's more scary is that the united states has over 5 thousand warheads. and mentally deranged people running for office.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Better condemn usa also, we gave it to them first!
We even have a postage stamp bragging about it.

upload.wikimedia.org...

Atoms for Peace

The United States then launched an "Atoms for Peace" program that supplied equipment and information to schools, hospitals, and research institutions within the U.S. and throughout the world. The first nuclear reactors in Iran and Pakistan were built under the program by American Machine and Foundry.

en.wikipedia.org...

top topics

join