It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by Blarneystoner

Your presumption staggers me.

I have faith in myself, in my family and friends.

Which only proves my point that you truly don't understand....

And mine, that neither do you.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   
reply to post by theRhenn

I'm sorry Doom. I cant believe everything happens for a reason. Once I believed this, but I just cant see so much misery being that is just supposed to happen. I ponder this because so many Christians who believe with all their heart and soul, even those that look and never find the answer, have lost so much that I personaly feel, not all of them deserve. I simply cant feel that people have to go through so much hell on earth to have paradise in the end. I cant prove one way or the other, and yes, perhaps I feel I've just fallen out of grace, but so many unsanswered questions and so much suffering, I just cant see it as something that must take place. How is that fair to Christians? I'm not denying that you are right, and cant say that you're wrong. I just cant find this in my own life and the lives I've seen. So many prayers unanswered, so many rich churches and preachers, yet their flock starves, looses their homes and remain in poverty. Sure, they may have more worth in their faith, but so many who believe find it really hard to get by each day and faith will fail for many. I've heard people say, "if your prayers arnt answered, then it's not God's plan for you". What happen to free will? Is this perhaps the reason? Due to the free will of others, many will not find their own happyness... Anyways, doom. Nice thread. I'm sorry I cannot find the light in your words. Perhaps my soul is just too cloudy from the life I lived. (shrugs) Yet I still search... as wearysome as it seems. As lost as I've become.. I search still.

Your post touched me in a very personal way...and I can relate to so much of what you write..right down to the last sentence.

You made some very interesting, and I think very true and valid statements in your above posts...such as God's plans not being fulfilled perhaps due to peoples free will.

Thank you so much for your honesty...and I encourage you to keep seeking, as I try to encourage myself to do the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Still, I fail to see why you feel the need to come here and denegrate thos who wish to gather (virtually) and voice their hope and wish for a better future. People who come to implore their Creator and ask for blessings. People who would wish to see a better life for you and your offspring.

What harm is there in a simple request for like minded people to beseech their God for the purpose of bringing about a better life?

You have faith in people eh? I truly feel sorry for you because in the end that faith will be betrayed. I feel sorry for you because your beliefs and faith are so frail, you feel the need to denegrate those whose faith lies in a higher power.

Have you ever heard the expression; "pissing up a rope?"

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Pissing up a rope is exactly what some people are doing by coming to ATS to discuss their religion.

I just don't see the logic when so many of us consider religion to be the biggest conspiracy of all time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Pissing up a rope is exactly what some people are doing by coming to ATS to discuss their religion.

Or their lack of faith?

...and who said anything about faith in religion?

edit on 7-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

That too. When it is discussed you never hear a person of faith open themselves to the possiblity that they could be wrong which is essentially accepting ignorance as opposed to denying it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:51 PM
link   
I do believe that with mass prayer, it is 'possible' to manifest certain things.

However I also believe that it has NOTHING to do with ANY religion whatsoever.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   

That too. When it is discussed you never hear a person of faith open themselves to the possiblity that they could be wrong which is essentially accepting ignorance as opposed to denying it.

So... you've come here to enlighten us ignorant folk who cling to their guns and bibles? Is that your calling? To bring the gift of truth to those who embrace ignorance and continue down their chosen path blindly and without acknowledging your version of truth? Sound familiar?

Go proselytize your beliefs somewhere else bro... this thread aint for you...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

And who said anything about guns? I own two.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:23 PM
link   

That's the pot calling the kettle black.

And who said anything about guns? I own two.

NO... you idiot. It's not the pot calling the kettle black. In fact, you're the one who's guilty of the very same things you hate religious people for. I'm trying to convince you to shut the hell up and leave these people alone, I'm NOT trying to convince you that my beliefs are true. All the while, you're trying to convince us that we're all fools for believing that prayer can make a difference.

god you're pathetic...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ozvaldo
I do believe that with mass prayer, it is 'possible' to manifest certain things.

However I also believe that it has NOTHING to do with ANY religion whatsoever.

Perhaps a prayer circle to help whaaa find the funds for a valve job on his Toyota would be a great
trial run before we embark on world peace, brotherhood, and killing the devil.

I've already started...who's with me?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Actually I am all for warm and fuzzy thoughts for the world and am absolutely happy for the OP consider my thoughts as part of the their request for prayer if that is what they believe them to be.

I don't know why you are so angry at me for pointing out that faith has little place on a conspiracy website other than to be questioned.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

No. Why should we all drink the koolade?

Why would you even post a repsonse if you feel this way. Now that you've labeled those who believe as "Suicidal cultists" I will label you, "Troll"..... but you've always been like that haven't you...

Sorry...Koolade has entered the zeitgeist. It refers to exhibiting unquestioning faith without critical examination. Now Flavorade...that was the drink of choice in Jonestown.

Why respond? A question was asked...I answered.

Always been a troll? Consult the Mods...if they agree, I'll willingly quit the site. Let me know how it turns out for you, eh?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by no special characters
YOU are a devil for polluting peoples mind with this religious bollocks....

Sorry it will take you to the grave to find out, yeah. Really praying ?

Spiritual Health is very important to over-all human health. We know this now.. and spirituality and religion are not the same.. though religion can be spirituality for some.

I just hope you can cultivate your own spiritual health without attacking or degrading those who are cultivating their own.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

I don't know why you are so angry at me for pointing out that faith has little place on a conspiracy website other than to be questioned.

Perhaps there is a conspiracy for people to lose their faith in a higher power, in a higher understanding of love and mercy, as well as justice ?

We could question all things.. through eternity...but some of us may not even have tomorrow.

Life can be fragile, and I think its a nice gesture to just stop for a few moments and collectively agree to hope the best for each other, and for those out there who may really need some encouragement to get through difficult times.

If we can get together in this thread, and just offer up good intentions..in thought, word, or just spirit..who's to say it won't help . I'm sure it won't make things worse..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
What like YU55's going to hit?

Well that would be a waste of time also.

Religious believers could never be wrong about what they believe!

Is there a prayer or psalm etc called "We Couldnt Possibly Be Wrong".

If there isnt then thats because you are wrong!!!!!!!!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

At least you've found SOMETHING that keeps you going! I may not agree with your ways, but im happy that you found a way. Whatever makes you a better human being to your brothers and sisters.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:32 PM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

I'm with ya whaaa.

I will add your Toyota to my prayer list.
Really I'll pray God has His will with your transportation.
Maybe He will bless you with something special.

My life is filled with answered prayers.

I have done some really bad things during my life but I've always believed in God.
Am so thankful He stuck by me and didn't give up.

May God be with you always.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Prayer for the Lost is always a good thing. However in the regard to the lost on this website, youre preaching to Lucifer and frankly he doesnt give a sh*t.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:59 PM
link   

Who do you think you are to tell us what we can believe and what we cannot? Who are you to force onto us your "truth" when we do not see your truth as the truth but to us they are lies?

To you our truths are lies, to us your truths are lies. So, hows about you just leave this alone because youre pissing into the wind and frankly those of us who are believers really don't care for your judgement on calling us "ignorant". To us, youre the one that is accepting ignorance when you could be denying it. See what i am saying?

Besides, will it hurt you to believe in Yeshua ha Meshiach (Jesus Christ)? Youre going to die anyway, does it hurt you to have hope that something of you will survive your body becoming wormfood? Youre dead either way, but what if youre wrong? Ah but let me guess, you couldn'tpossibly be wrong. You know so much about what happens after death that you are so cocksure that nothing happens after death. Let me ask you this. Have you ever been dead and come back to tell about what you saw? No you haven't, so you do not know 100% and for you to even think you do know 100% makes you sound like a fool.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7 >>

join