It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

You support them mate, that makes you part of it.

These people think I am a filthy sinner just for existing so no, I do no accept that they should be allowed to have a stake in every, single corner of the internet. The same forum to preach their god's eternal love and also their horror at everything that isn't covered in a doily and prostrating itself in front of christian alter.

Their crap is all over the new topics page sometimes.

Sorry that the fact I have had a absolute gutsfull of their rubbish offends your sense of freedom to speak one's mind but they do all the time and it's hardly very nice to hear.

What I support is their RIGHTS. Their right to freedom of religion. If that makes me part of.... "it" in your eyes, so be it.

Okay, so you don't like the religious forums. Understandable. Truth be told, I rarely post in them myself. They don't rule every corner of the internet though. There is something simple that can be done.

If you don't like religious topics, threads or forums. Don't click on them.

Oh and I am not offended.
Just doing the right thing. Nothing you could ever say could ever affect me in the slightest. My skin is much to thick for that.
But I appreciate your concern.

Honestly coming into a religious thread and complaining about religious threads is a bit.... Odd... no? If you don't like religious threads... Why even go into them?

There really are two choices if you don't like such threads and forums. Either don't go into them and participate or file a complaint with the staff of this website, regarding such threads and forums.

Going after the OP for doing what they have every right to do will help nothing.

So, back on topic. The OP offered you a chance to pray with them.

Would you like to pray with the OP?
edit on 7-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:51 PM
link   
Double post.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Perhaps, but not to offer thanks to a god and not in the manner they are likely accustomed to but like you say, each to their own.

Surely we all do this every day though?

edit on 7-11-2011 by Garfee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Perhaps, but not to offer thanks to a god and not in the manner they are likely accustomed to but like you say, each to their own.

Surely though. we all do this every day?

Ah, but I saw no rules as far as what God to pray to or how to do it.

So, if you would like to pray you are free to do so in any way you like.

Me? I will not pray. but I will offer my hope that this world can find peace some day. I offer hope that we find cures for all disease. I offer hope in general.

How about you?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   

For me, it's like blowing out candles on a birthday cake. If I tell you I have to kill you. Wait, that's the CIA.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Garfee

Honestly, I think praying offers about as much chance as making a wish.

George Carlin made a great point in saying that you have a 50/50 chance of something coming true. No matter what you believe.

But really, it does no harm to hope.It does no harm to pray. If it makes people feel better, I honestly see no problem with it.

But it is your right not to share your hopes or wishes with me.

I hope they come true though.

I wish that for all who have joined the OP in praying in this thread.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Honestly coming into a religious thread and complaining about religious threads is a bit.... Odd... no?

Everyone who isn't a newbie (or an idiot) saw the thread title and knew it was inflammatory troll bait. What's really Odd is that you defended it so vehemently. Especially when it was obvious it didn't even belong in religious conspiracies. Good luck in your crusade.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   

If you make a thread asking for prayer, on a conspiracy site, having members question the very legitimacy of the act of "praying", is a very likely response.. and as far as I can see.. a fair one.

Should be done politely, yes, but other than that, I see nothing wrong with it.

Maybe you should take your own oft-repeated advice, and if you don't like what someone else posted, take it to a mod.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   
OP I will join you in prayer.

Heavenly Father I thank you for all your many blessings.

I ask that you guide us as we pray for all mankind.

I also pray Your will be done.

I love you Lord and worship You.

Amen

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth
Honestly coming into a religious thread and complaining about religious threads is a bit.... Odd... no?

Everyone who isn't a newbie (or an idiot) saw the thread title and knew it was inflammatory troll bait. What's really Odd is that you defended it so vehemently. Especially when it was obvious it didn't even belong in religious conspiracies. Good luck in your crusade.

Thanks. Good luck in yours as well.

And yes, I did defend the OP's right to believe in God just as I would defend your right to believe, whatever it is you believe, if people were attacking you for it.

I do not believe in God.I am most certainly not a newbie and despite what you may or may not believe, I am not an idiot. I will, no matter what, defend peoples right to believe in a God or to not believe in one, when they are being attacked for it.

Again, if you think this thread belongs somewhere else or feel it is troll bait, I must encourage you to alert the staff.

Thanks again for the wishes of good luck.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

reply to post by Blarneystoner

I also wonder why there is a religion forum on this website. There is already a 'conspiracies in religion' forum.

Conspiracy theorists don't go to religious or faith-based websites to talk about conspiracies so please justify why you are here?

Shouldn't this forum be completely removed?

edit on 7-11-2011 by Garfee because: god told me to

Why don't you pose that question to the site owners instead of trolling?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

If you make a thread asking for prayer, on a conspiracy site, having members question the very legitimacy of the act of "praying", is a very likely response.. and as far as I can see.. a fair one.

Should be done politely, yes, but other than that, I see nothing wrong with it.

Maybe you should take your own oft-repeated advice, and if you don't like what someone else posted, take it to a mod.

Here is the thing. The OP was being attacked for believing. If you find that okay. Then you need to get your priorities straight. The OP invited others to pray. Never gave any rules as far as which god to pray for or how to do it.

There was honestly very few polite replies declining the offer and you know it.Questioning the act of praying is fair. Attacking the OP for believing in God, is not. If you have a problem with me getting the thread back on topic and trying to encourage civil discourse, well, I do not apologize for that.

Like I told others, if it bothers you that I stood up for the OP's rights in the face of off topic posts and personal attacks, You are more than welcome to report me.

If you dont want to pray, don't.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   

You support them mate, that makes you part of it.

These people think I am a filthy sinner just for existing so no, I do no accept that they should be allowed to have a stake in every, single corner of the internet. The same forum to preach their god's eternal love and also their horror at everything that isn't covered in a doily and prostrating itself in front of christian alter.

Their crap is all over the new topics page sometimes.

Sorry that the fact I have had a absolute gutsfull of their rubbish offends your sense of freedom to speak one's mind but they do all the time and it's hardly very nice to hear.

The fact is that you don't understand Faith so you rail against anyone who has it. It's almost as if you are trying to convince yourself that we are wrong. Your posts here are pointless, just so much hot air and anger.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

Your presumption staggers me.

I have faith in myself, in my family and friends.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Yes that's a nice double standard you have... because it's you who determines what is "on track", and you who will stand up to these people you feel who aren't "on track", and you who will tell them what to do instead of posting their opinions here...

Right.

As I said, you feel justified in telling others to take their problems with posts to a mod, but can't take your own advice. Well done crusader.. you've saved the day again.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:52 PM
link   

I think it's hilarious that you said that somebody who's been a member of this site 3 YEARS longer than you "turned this site into what it is". If anything, it's the newer members so please.. Give up your #ing troll fest.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by My.mind.is.mine

Just because that's when I registered does not mean I hadn't been on this site.

And when did this become a pissing contest?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Resinveins

Yes that's a nice double standard you have... because it's you who determines what is "on track", and you who will stand up to these people you feel who aren't "on track", and you who will tell them what to do instead of posting their opinions here...

Right.

As I said, you feel justified in telling others to take their problems with posts to a mod, but can't take your own advice. Well done crusader.. you've saved the day again.

No, it is the T&C that determines what is on track. Personal attacks and off topic posts are not on track, are they?

The OP was being attacked for believing in God and I stood up for their right to believe by reminding those who were breaking rules, that the OP has every right to believe and that if you don't want to pray, no one is making you.

Just as I would stand up for your rights if they were being attacked.

If that bothers you, I make no apologies.

I have always and will always encourage everyone to stay on topic and refrain from personal attacks

I do find it funny how you think you know what I feel though. Also, you have no idea if I have reported anyone or not.

But hey, please continue to call me names for trying to keep both sides honest and encouraging people to follow the rules.... You might get through the thick skin I have, one day.

So, the thread topic is, 'Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?"

To get on topic...again, would you like to pray with the OP?

Personally, I do not believe in God. So I will not pray, but I do offer hope that we have world peace one day and I offer hope in general.

How about you?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   

Which only proves my point that you truly don't understand....
edit on 7-11-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

No. Why should we all drink the koolade?

Why would you even post a repsonse if you feel this way. Now that you've labeled those who believe as "Suicidal cultists" I will label you, "Troll"..... but you've always been like that haven't you...

I believe his response was mostly appropriate being that this is a conspiracy web site and thinds posted here are always open for debate.

Deney ignorance

You think it's appropriate to debate a prayer request? That makes no sense to me at all. There's nothing to debate, no statement was made offering an opinion or fact. It was merely a request.

If people like you and JohnnyCanuck don't want to believe, that's your buisness and I won't come and sh*t all over your threads but you should, at the very least have some respect for other who think differently.

As it stands now, you're just trolling here... move along please...

I am doing no such thing, there are web sites that offer religious forums for prayer request, and ATS is not one of them. ATS is a conspiracy site not a prayer request site.

If you post on a conspiracy site anything posted is up for debate. If you want to propose a prayer request without debate then post the request on an appropriate prayer request site.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join