It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Can we just have a thread where we can all pray together?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Originally posted by JohnnyCanuck
reply to post by Doomsday 2029

No. Why should we all drink the koolade?

Why would you even post a repsonse if you feel this way. Now that you've labeled those who believe as "Suicidal cultists" I will label you, "Troll"..... but you've always been like that haven't you...

I believe his response was mostly appropriate being that this is a conspiracy web site and thinds posted here are always open for debate.

Deney ignorance

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
I pray that people will stop seeing religion in faith.
I pray that people will accept others praying even if they have no faith.
I pray that the people that don't believe in demons be safe.

And...
I pray that god is merciless towards people that side with the devil, knowingly.

I actually do hate religion
but religion has nothing to do with faith, angels and demons.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by whaaa

Admit it....

This isn't about prayer or salvation is it?

To me it looks like a desperate transparent political hit peace on Obama. Perhaps he even deserves it but don't
hide your motivation with just more lies.

edit on 7-11-2011 by whaaa because: (no reason given)

I don't have any beef with Obama or Bush... or any politician.... I pray for them.

I'm doing my best to learn how to love my enemies.

Trust me.... I'm not anymore righteous than Bush

I watched this video.... once... and I realized that I have no right to judge Bush (or Obama)

edit on 7-11-2011 by Doomsday 2029 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Doomsday 2029
THERE IS A REASON FOR EVERYTHING!!!!!!!!!!!!

I don't care who your God is.... there is a reason for everything!!!!!

NOTHING JUST HAPPENS!!!!!

I'm sorry Doom. I cant believe everything happens for a reason. Once I believed this, but I just cant see so much misery being that is just supposed to happen. I ponder this because so many Christians who believe with all their heart and soul, even those that look and never find the answer, have lost so much that I personaly feel, not all of them deserve. I simply cant feel that people have to go through so much hell on earth to have paradise in the end. I cant prove one way or the other, and yes, perhaps I feel I've just fallen out of grace, but so many unsanswered questions and so much suffering, I just cant see it as something that must take place. How is that fair to Christians?

I'm not denying that you are right, and cant say that you're wrong. I just cant find this in my own life and the lives I've seen. So many prayers unanswered, so many rich churches and preachers, yet their flock starves, looses their homes and remain in poverty. Sure, they may have more worth in their faith, but so many who believe find it really hard to get by each day and faith will fail for many. I've heard people say, "if your prayers arnt answered, then it's not God's plan for you". What happen to free will? Is this perhaps the reason? Due to the free will of others, many will not find their own happyness...

Anyways, doom. Nice thread. I'm sorry I cannot find the light in your words. Perhaps my soul is just too cloudy from the life I lived. (shrugs) Yet I still search... as wearysome as it seems. As lost as I've become.. I search still.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:53 PM
link   

I don't believe either, but really who are you to ridicule the OP for their belief?

If they want to pray and offer others the chance to pray with them, they have every right to do so.

No one is forcing you to pray here...So, if you don't want to pray, then don't.

But come on... Don't sit here and ridicule others for their belief.

This goes to all who have posted snide comments in this thread.

Be an adult.
edit on 7-11-2011 by gimme_some_truth because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:03 PM
link   
I pray for change and that the people will forget their ego and overconsumtion and do what is right for the nature, world and humanity. I pray that people will learn quickly so that they are not caught up and hurt by the change. I pray that tolerance will incrase. Namaste

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by mileysubet

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Why would you even post a repsonse if you feel this way. Now that you've labeled those who believe as "Suicidal cultists" I will label you, "Troll"..... but you've always been like that haven't you...

I believe his response was mostly appropriate being that this is a conspiracy web site and thinds posted here are always open for debate.

Deney ignorance

You think it's appropriate to debate a prayer request? That makes no sense to me at all. There's nothing to debate, no statement was made offering an opinion or fact. It was merely a request.

If people like you and JohnnyCanuck don't want to believe, that's your buisness and I won't come and sh*t all over your threads but you should, at the very least have some respect for other who think differently.

As it stands now, you're just trolling here... move along please...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
I'll pray with ya. I pray for more people of great intellect to want to pray.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:12 PM
link   
You trolls make me SICK. If you AREN'T religious, and DON'T pray then why the # did you even click on it? Trolling at its finest!!!! Let religious people be religious, and y'all can do what y'all do but stop the stupid trolling!!!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I suspect this thread will be a lot less messy than last year's version of this, where we were all supposed to have a worldwide bowel movement, all together, at 11:11AM

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by Blarneystoner

I also wonder why there is a religion forum on this website. There is already a 'conspiracies in religion' forum.

Conspiracy theorists don't go to religious or faith-based websites to talk about conspiracies so please justify why you are here?

Shouldn't this forum be completely removed?

edit on 7-11-2011 by Garfee because: god told me to

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

Conspiracy theorists don't go to religious or faith-based websites to talk about conspiracies so please justify why you are here?

No one on this site has to justify their membership. Not to you or anyone else.

Also, there are 5,907 current threads in the Conspiracies in religion forum.... So,clearly, people do come here to discuss such things....

The real question is what does anything you just said have to do with an invitation to pray?

If you don't want to pray, don't. No one is forcing you. I don't believe and I wont pray, but really... The people in this thread ridiculing others for daring to believe... It's shameful.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Well, to be fair, it was posted in the Conspiracies in Religions forum. If there is no conspiracy it should be moved. I've seen threads here that were moved to BTS that had a lot more to do with a conspiracy than this one has, one of my own included.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Balkan

Well, to be fair, it was posted in the Conspiracies in Religions forum. If there is no conspiracy it should be moved. I've seen threads here that were moved to BTS that had a lot more to do with a conspiracy than this one has, one of my own included.

To be fair, if you have a problem with the location of the thread alert the mods....

If it needs to be moved let THEM worry about it...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
From the Gospel of Thomas:

14. Jesus said to them, "If you fast, you will bring sin upon yourselves, and if you pray, you will be condemned, and if you give to charity, you will harm your spirits.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
Are we not adults here? Can we really not allow others to believe what they want?

Do we really have to sit here taking cheap shots at each other because some one dares to have a belief that differs from our own?

ATS is better than this....Cut it out.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Garfee

I also wonder why there is a religion forum on this website. There is already a 'conspiracies in religion' forum.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Garfee because: god told me to

By that faulty logic, more than just 1 thread should go. Your failure at being the big # includes: Social issues and civil unrest, ancient & lost civilizations, Predictions & prophesies, Philosophy & metaphysics, and plenty more.

troll troll troll your boat....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:24 PM
link   
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Was I speaking to you?

link   
And who am I supposed to pray to?

I have no idea who I am supposed to utter my utterances to.....

Isn't prayer just for lazy folks who can't be bothered to get up and try and do something for themselves and others?

link   

Originally posted by Balkan
reply to post by gimme_some_truth

Was I speaking to you?

Do I care?

I have every right to respond to you or anyone else. If you can't handle being replied to, maybe try blogging instead.

If you don't want to accept the OP's invitation to pray with them, then don't....

But come on.. To see so many people ridiculing the OP for their belief and posting off topic things about whether the thread should be moved or even exist... It's gross.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join