It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Tensions Rise In Gaza/Israel

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
Okay, sorry for my sources not being the greatest on this one, but I have a feeling the mainstream will have no choice to pick this up soon if they have not done so already. I could not find any more reliable sources than what I currently have to offer.

I promise I will update sources when possible.

Islamic Jihad: Israel 'broke' truce

BETHLEHEM (Ma'an) -- Islamic Jihad said it would retaliate after Israeli forces killed a member of its armed wing in Gaza late Saturday, hours before the Muslim festival Eid al-Adha began.

"Israel has again broken the truce" agreed by Gaza factions after Israeli strikes killed 12 people in two days last week, spokesman Daoud Shihab said in Sunday's statement.

Shihab warned of Israeli escalation during the Eid holiday, which began on Sunday.

Islamic Jihad will take "revenge" for Israel's firing on the southern Gaza Strip on Saturday, which killed a 26-year-old member of the group's Al-Quds Brigades, and injured two others, Shihab said.

All Palestinians reject the killing of their people and the attempt to ruin the festivities of Eid, he added.

Here is another source just for fun:

Islamic Jihad: Israel ‘broke’ truce

If this story is real, then things will get ugly. Israel would love for some militants to throw some rockets over to give them an excuse to level some more of Gaza into some prime parking space.

Also from today:

Israeli tank fire injures three Gazans

According to Palestinian sources, Israeli forces stationed at Nahal Oz, one of the crossing points from Gaza into Israel, fired more that 10 shells on the eastern Shujaiyeh district of Gaza City on Monday. One of the injured is reported to be in critical condition. The Israeli military, however, claims that its soldiers opened fire on a group of Palestinians trying to plant explosives along the border. The attack came two days after Israeli warplanes carried out two airstrikes near the enclave's southern city of Khan Yunis, killing at least two Palestinians. The Palestinian resistance movement of Islamic Jihad declared an Egyptian-brokered truce between Gazan factions and Israeli forces "broken" following the attack late Saturday. The truce was agreed on October 30 after Israeli troops killed 12 people in the Gaza Strip in two days.

Can it get any worse? I mean really!

The last few months have been leading up to something big, and I'm not happy about it. Some people say that this is just the usual saber rattling on all sides, but I think this is getting complicated.

Let's hope that on top of everything else we have going on a Hamas vs Israel war doesn't start off. That would most certainly involve other groups which then leads to other groups joining in and more people getting killed.

We already have enough war on our plates. I wish everyone would just stop this craziness.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

edit on 7-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: Change title to something more suitable.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:13 PM
link   
These truces never hold and to say its Israel that always brakes them is unfair, though they are really drumming up the military rhetoric in all aspects lately, probably as a distraction to there domestic problems.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
The problem is that humans are not very intelligent, infact... we are quite primitive, not until we can evolve in to something more intelligent will we stop killing each other and work together on what really matters.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by MoneyRain
These truces never hold and to say its Israel that always brakes them is unfair, though they are really drumming up the military rhetoric in all aspects lately, probably as a distraction to there domestic problems.

I did take the time to think that this exact incident could be a distraction. It's still a possibility in my opinion. Part of me wants to believe that Islamic Jihad did not actually put out this statement, or that perhaps they have been infiltrated and the infiltrators have acquired some control. Anything's possible really.

We have seen Israeli agents most likely Mossad posing as Muslim Extremists. It's been exposed a few times so I would not be surprised if Israel had a hand in this "news story".

I don't like to speculate too much about such serious matters unless there is a little more evidence though. So I guess we all need to keep our ear to the ground.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Itop1

I agree, humans suck.

Deep down I really believe we can overcome this poisonous instinct of ours though. I really do.

I must be crazy

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
reply to post by Itop1

I agree, humans suck.

Deep down I really believe we can overcome this poisonous instinct of ours though. I really do.

I must be crazy

Unfortunately, me and you are amongst the very few in this twisted world, it all amounts to greed, go back far enough and money is the root of all evil, somewhere along the line.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Can anyone find any other information on when or how this started?

This news source says:

"Saturday's air strike was the third such incident since the escalation of rocket fire last week. On Thursday, Palestinian militants fired at Israeli security forces doing routine work on the border fence near the area of Kibbutz Zikim in the northern Gaza Strip."

www.haaretz.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Deetermined

Okay, I read the source. Did you?

You left out the first part.

Israel Defense Forces aircraft struck targets in the southern Gaza Strip on Saturday evening, thwarting an attempt by Islamic Jihad to launch a rocket into Israel. According to Palestinian sources, the strike killed one man.

Did you read that part? What part does it tell us how they "thwarted" the attack.

here I found it!

The IDF reported a direct hit in Saturday's airstrike, on a terrorist cell that was in the final stages of preparing to shoot a missile into Israel using a high-trajectory weapon.

So the IDF let these guys get into the final stages of a rocket attack and allowed themselves to get hit?

Officially, Israel broke the truce. I doubt there actually was a "thwarted" attack.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:08 PM
link   
It keeps sounding worse.....

"However, while Hamas has recently spent much of its energy on the business of government, Islamic Jihad has kept its focus firmly on the conflict, gaining in prominence and enjoying significant backing from Muslim supporters, including Iran.

"We are proud and honored to say that the Islamic Republic of Iran gives us support and help," Abu Ahmed, the spokesman for Islamic Jihad's armed wing, the Jerusalem Brigades, told Reuters in a rare, long interview.

He denied widespread reports that Iran had provided his group with arms and smiled at suggestions it now receives more sophisticated weaponry from Tehran than Hamas. He also declined to comment on rumors that the Jihadists were trained by Iran."

www.reuters.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

You're just eating all of this up aren't ya

Now we're blaming Iran too?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

Okay, I read the source. Did you?

You left out the first part.

Israel Defense Forces aircraft struck targets in the southern Gaza Strip on Saturday evening, thwarting an attempt by Islamic Jihad to launch a rocket into Israel. According to Palestinian sources, the strike killed one man.

Did you read that part? What part does it tell us how they "thwarted" the attack.

here I found it!

The IDF reported a direct hit in Saturday's airstrike, on a terrorist cell that was in the final stages of preparing to shoot a missile into Israel using a high-trajectory weapon.

So the IDF let these guys get into the final stages of a rocket attack and allowed themselves to get hit?

Officially, Israel broke the truce. I doubt there actually was a "thwarted" attack.

Since when does Saturday come before Thursday. Read the article again. Take your time.

The thwarted attack on Saturday was after the first incident on Thursday.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Sorry about that, the quotations messed up and my post got screwed up and I had to fix it. The content is the same though. Looks like you were quoting me and you got it while I was editing it.

ETA: Or did you mean to just quote me nothing to go with it?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

You're just eating all of this up aren't ya

Now we're blaming Iran too?

Hey, all I did was a google search to find the latest articles on "Islamic Jihad" and this is what came up. It was just a bonus that it confirms Hamas' relations with Iran. Just remember, they are all connected together.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:21 PM
link   

Your Reuters source is flawed too. These propaganda pieces are easy to pick apart just by simply reading the article. Notice how "Islamic Jihad" declared war today a few days after Israel broke the truce on Saturday?

Your Reuters source is dated November 3rd which is Thursday. Israel was obviously planning this attack and snuck out a few sneaky articles preparing the public to expect the "Islamic Jihad" to break the truce.

Once again the Israeli time machines are in action helping them see the ever so current future

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   

Sorry about that, the quotations messed up and my post got screwed up and I had to fix it. The content is the same though. Looks like you were quoting me and you got it while I was editing it.

ETA: Or did you mean to just quote me nothing to go with it?

I'm not sure what happened there. I was only trying to point out that the attack that Israel "thwarted" on Saturday was after the incident that took place the Thursday before.

Obviously, I need to repost a quote that you missed while you were reading / or lack of.

"Saturday's air strike was the third such incident since the escalation of rocket fire last week. On Thursday, Palestinian militants fired at Israeli security forces doing routine work on the border fence near the area of Kibbutz Zikim in the northern Gaza Strip."

edit on 7-11-2011 by Deetermined because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Your Reuters source is flawed too. These propaganda pieces are easy to pick apart just by simply reading the article. Notice how "Islamic Jihad" declared war today a few days after Israel broke the truce on Saturday?

Your Reuters source is dated November 3rd which is Thursday. Israel was obviously planning this attack and snuck out a few sneaky articles preparing the public to expect the "Islamic Jihad" to break the truce.

Once again the Israeli time machines are in action helping them see the ever so current future

Look, I know you're trying to post in several threads, but you really need to focus more on what you're reading. These remarks by the Islamic Jihad were all made after the original cease fire and before the incident that took place this last Thursday.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Ummm... , Corruption Exposed, have you found Ma'an to be unreliable?

I find that their record for accuracy is far superior to most any US source, in fact I find them to be one of the most reliable sources world wide.

There is another outlet reporting the story in any event:

Three Casualties as a result of artillery fire east of Gaza
[ 07/11/2011 - 12:26 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Three Palestinians were wounded on Monday as a result of artillery shelling by IOF troops stationed to the east of Gaza. ...

~

As to who started what, the ratio of killing should take care of that question. When you kill and injure well over ten times the number that your enemy does it is quite obvious who the aggressor is. Any "thwarted attacks" would have to have been provoked and so on.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Atheo

I honestly haven't heard much about them. So I am unable to say if I find them credible or not.

You seem to be more familiar with them.

So I think you are saying they are credible. I sure don't find any Western sources to be credible but they are the best sources to use on ATS. I always try to find a mainstream source to go with stories like this, but due to certain influences it can be hard to find on some stories.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Atheo
Ummm... , Corruption Exposed, have you found Ma'an to be unreliable?

I find that their record for accuracy is far superior to most any US source, in fact I find them to be one of the most reliable sources world wide.

There is another outlet reporting the story in any event:

Three Casualties as a result of artillery fire east of Gaza
[ 07/11/2011 - 12:26 PM ]

GAZA, (PIC)-- Three Palestinians were wounded on Monday as a result of artillery shelling by IOF troops stationed to the east of Gaza. ...

~

As to who started what, the ratio of killing should take care of that question. When you kill and injure well over ten times the number that your enemy does it is quite obvious who the aggressor is. Any "thwarted attacks" would have to have been provoked and so on.

That's just exactly what Iran and terrorists want you to believe!

It takes more casualties to remove the threat than it does to make one.

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Looks like Netanyahu was blowing off some steam this morning.

Army Carries Out Two Airstrikes Targeting Gaza

top topics

join