It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Mass. School district to close tuesday for ISLAMIC holiday?!

page: 18
<< 15  16  17   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dimithae
reply to post by sageofmonticello

Believe I can say whats wrong with it. In this day and age most school districts are cutting out Halloween and Christmas due to not wanting to observe religious holidays and to keep some kids from feeling 'left out'. Since this is the case, I see no difference in the muslim holidays and any other religions .So why would you allow a day off for theirs? But not let kids celebrate any other religions? Since when do we have days off for all the kids for a minority's religion? I can see letting those that are muslim have the day off, but the rest should be there.

Did you not read the original article? It specifically states that this district has enough Muslim students to have placed this idea before the district to be considered and voted on. The people of the district agreed to have this day off.

Also, if you let the Muslim children have the day off and not the other children, then you are being discriminatory, as well as just unfair.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 05:44 PM
link   
No offence but there has been problems with Muslim culture clash in the UK that started way before 9/11. 9/11 only made people wake up because Islam was in stealth mode, until their numbers out grow yours their laws and demands will take shape. Reach 40% of the population in a country it becomes civil war and separatist, Up until 9/11 this cultural pressure on the free west has been slowly eroded, the problem is that no one saw it coming.

In the 60s there were school protests saying Muslim girls are not allowed to go to school swimming lessons.
The 80s there was a big mob mentality to kill Salman Rushdie who wrote the Satanic Verses, because Muhammad was using Satan for inspiration.
Then in the 80s there was unfair demand that schools changed to Halal food to accommodate the faith even if the school separated its religious ties with Christianity, wonder why what did they get in return?

Now that the populations have got bigger so have the demands, I would like to see some effort in Muslim countries in how to tolerate Jews and Christians and women, maybe they might get on better with world let alone what food and hair styles that can get them killed for being modern.

Using western tolerance to teach them our kindness rarely rubs off into their psyche, they don’t go back home and chant tolerance to Christians, let’s have a day off at Christmas in Mecca it does not work that way.

edit on 10-11-2011 by The time lord because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by sageofmonticello
reply to post by the4thhorseman

Do you have any evidence to support your claim?

I think not as plenty of evidence that refutes your claim exist. I wonder if you visited the link the OP gave you. It completely contradicts your offered opinion.
edit on 9-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

And what claim is that?

Source

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

I think not as plenty of evidence that refutes your claim exist. I wonder if you visited the link the OP gave you. It completely contradicts your offered opinion.

And what claim is that?

Source

That's not a very good "source" there. It comes from a thoroughly biased group.

Very. Very biased.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 11:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by gamesmaster63

Islam came 600 years after Jesus Christ. I don't know where on earth you learned that Muhammad was before Jesus Christ.

Closer to 400, if I remember right. Though I may actually be wrong on that. Either way, Christianity does predate Islam, if only barely.

Allah is a lunar deity. No different than other gods & goddesses that bare male & female attributes.

This is untrue, and was based on shoddy and really biased archaeology.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   
reply to post by RedGod

It's 600, not 400. Look, I know the facts and you can't tell me different. Christianity is not a new religion but the fulfillment of the promised Messiah. Jesus is the Messiah, the Son of God & He is God. He's the God of the Old & New Testament. God does not change.
The god of Islam is not the god of ancient Israel nor Christians. That Crescent moon & star points to the worship of the heavens. Allah was an idol among many other idols. Muhammad destroyed all the idols in the temple except for Allah.

We Christians follow the one true God, therefore what we follow is the same Lord that spoke to Adam & Eve in the garden. There is nothing invented, only what has been fulfilled.

I've done my research and it's time you've done yours. You've already been proved wrong. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

Modern day Israel and Islam are antichrist because they both reject the Son of God. But the time will come that Israel will recognize Jesus as their Messiah and bow down to him. Every knee shall bow and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.
edit on 11-11-2011 by soaringhawk because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by RedGod

Originally posted by the4thhorseman

And what claim is that?

Source

That's not a very good "source" there. It comes from a thoroughly biased group.

Very. Very biased.

Just because a source may or may not be biased doesn't make the source a poor source. Take the lame stream media. No matter how "Fair and Balanced" foxnews is lets face it, it is biased to the right. CNN, MSNBC bias to the left.

No matter the source the facts of that source are what is important. Facts can be spun any way you want but it depends of the end user to make the educated decision on what they have read or heard.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Religion....
So stupid only a human could invent it.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:11 PM
link   

...muslims were given their holiday out of fear and nothing more.

I was wondering if you made this up in your head or if you had some empirical knowledge to back it up.

To me, it seems as though this is just what you think. Despite the facts of the situation. I really don't think anyone is being scared into doing anything seeing how this school district is comprised of many muslims.

This entire thread is just about people not wanting other religions to enjoy the same freedoms that they enjoy.

You of course can believe whatever you want to. I am just asking if you qualified your beliefs with any amount of research into this particular situation.
edit on 11-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 02:30 PM
link   
No where in the quran does it advocate honor killings. Everyone here who is saying this is how islam is please show me the quotes in the quran advocating this 'honor' killing. I await your quotes.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

Killing being allowed at all is against Jesus Christ.

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by THE_PROFESSIONAL
No where in the quran does it advocate honor killings. Everyone here who is saying this is how islam is please show me the quotes in the quran advocating this 'honor' killing. I await your quotes.

Dictums of Quran and Hadiths which may dictate/incite honor killing:
Quran- 4:15 “If any of your women are guilty of lewdness, take the evidence of four (reliable) witness from amongst you against them; if they testify, confine them to houses until death do claim them. Or God ordain for them some (other) way.”
Quran-24:2 “The woman and the man guilty of adultery or fornication—flog each of them with hundred stripes: Let no compassion move you in their case, in a matter prescribed by God, if ye believe in God and the last day.”

Quran-17:32 “ Nor come nigh to adultery: for it is a shameful (deed) and an evil, opening the road (to other evils). Quran-33:33 “stay quietly in your houses, and make not a dazzling display.”

Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 63, Number 196: Narrated Abu Huraira: A man from Bani Aslam came to Allah's Apostle while he was in the mosque and called (the Prophet ) saying, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." On that the Prophet turned his face from him to the other side, whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and said, "O Allah's Apostle! I have committed illegal sexual intercourse." The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side whereupon the man moved to the side towards which the Prophet had turned his face, and repeated his statement. The Prophet turned his face (from him) to the other side again. The man moved again (and repeated his statement) for the fourth time. So when the man had given witness four times against himself, the Prophet called him and said, "Are you insane?" He replied, "No." The Prophet then said (to his companions), "Go and stone him to death." The man was a married one. Jabir bin 'Abdullah Al-Ansari said: I was one of those who stoned him. We stoned him at the Musalla ('Id praying place) in Medina. When the stones hit him with their sharp edges, he fled, but we caught him at Al-Harra and stoned him till he died. (See also Bukhari: Volume 7, Book 63, Number 195.)

Sahi Bukhari: 8:6814: Narrated Jabir bin Abdullah al-Ansari: “A man from the tribe of Bani Aslam came to Allah’s Messenger [Muhammad] and informed him that he had committed illegal sexual intercourse; and he bore witness four times against himself. Allah’s Messenger ordered him to be stoned to death as he was a married person.” Sahi Muslim No. 4206: “A woman came to the prophet and asked for purification by seeking punishment. He told her to go away and seek God’s forgiveness. She persisted four times and admitted she was pregnant. He told her to wait until she had given birth. Then he said that the Muslim community should wait until she had weaned her child. When the day arrived for the child to take solid food, Muhammad handed the child over to the community. And when he had given command over her and she was put in a hole up to her breast, he ordered the people to stone her. Khalid b. al-Walid came forward with a stone which he threw at her head, and when the blood spurted on her face he cursed her.”

Sahih Al-Bukhari Vol 2. pg 1009; and Sahih Muslim Vol 2. pg 65: Hadhrat Abdullah ibne Abbaas (Radiallahu Anhu) narrates the lecture that Hadhrat Umar (Radiallaahu Anhu) delivered whilst sitting on the pulpit of Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam). Hadhrat Umar (Radiallahu Anhu) said, "Verily, Allah sent Muhammad (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) with the truth, and revealed the Quran upon him. The verse regarding the stoning of the adulterer/ess was from amongst the verse revealed (in the Quraan). We read it, secured it and understood it. Rasulullah (Sallallaahu Alayhi Wa Sallam) stoned and we stoned after him. I fear that with the passage of time a person might say, ‘We do not find mention of stoning in the Book of Allah and thereby go astray by leaving out an obligation revealed by Allah. Verily, the stoning of a adulterer/ress is found in the Quraan and is the truth, if the witnesses are met or there is a pregnancy or confession."

Al-Bukhari: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “Whoever guarantees me that he will guard his chastity, I will guarantee him Paradise”. Al-Bukhari, Muslim, Abu Dawud, An-Nisa’i and others: Abu Hurayrah reports that the Messenger of Allah said, “No one commits adultery while still remaining a believer, for faith is more precious unto Allah than such an evil act!” In another version, it is stated, “When a person commits adultery he casts away from his neck the bond that ties him to Islam; if, however, he repents, Allah will accept his repentance”. Al-Bayhaqi: The Prophet (peace and blessings be upon him) said, “O mankind! Beware of fornication/adultery for it entails six dire cons

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   

...muslims were given their holiday out of fear and nothing more.

I was wondering if you made this up in your head or if you had some empirical knowledge to back it up.

To me, it seems as though this is just what you think. Despite the facts of the situation. I really don't think anyone is being scared into doing anything seeing how this school district is comprised of many muslims.

This entire thread is just about people not wanting other religions to enjoy the same freedoms that they enjoy.

You of course can believe whatever you want to. I am just asking if you qualified your beliefs with any amount of research into this particular situation.
edit on 11-11-2011 by sageofmonticello because: (no reason given)

Sage this was my own conclusion. That I have the right to make just as anyone else does. I ask this what religion threatens violence when it does not get its way? What religion threaten violence when a cartoon was drawn of Mohammad?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 09:26 PM
link   

All of your quotes say that death is only warranted when adultry and related things are done. No where does it say that honor killings acceptable for marrying someone of a different religion.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:16 AM
link   

Originally posted by soaringhawk
reply to post by RedGod

It's 600, not 400.

Looked it up. Islam dates from 610AD, Christianity from around 40AD. So, pretty much 600. Told you I could have been wrong.

Look, I know the facts and you can't tell me different. Christianity is not a new religion...

Who said it was new?

God does not change.

Right. Just his rules change. And his motivations. And his methods. And his malevolence.

The god of Islam is not the god of ancient Israel nor Christians. That Crescent moon & star points to the worship of the heavens. Allah was an idol among many other idols. Muhammad destroyed all the idols in the temple except for Allah.

You've been reading Jack Chick, haven't you? That guy is a maniac, as well as a racist. The idea that Allah was a moon god has been debunked.

www.islamic-awareness.org...

It's a little long, but basically goes into detail about how poor translation and leaps of faith (haha, get it?) brought mister Robert Morey to his grossly incorrect idea that Allah was originally a moon god when in fact, no evidence whatsoever supports that idea. There were likely moon gods in pre-Islamic Arab culture, but saying that proves the Allah-Moon God theory is like saying that the Christian god is really Hephaestus.

We Christians follow the one true God, therefore what we follow is the same Lord that spoke to Adam & Eve in the garden. There is nothing invented, only what has been fulfilled.

That's your opinion. If you don't follow my god, then your opinion is wrong. See how that works?

I've done my research and it's time you've done yours.
See above.

You've already been proved wrong. Talking to you is like talking to a brick wall.

The word is proven. If you're going to use the language, then use it properly.

Now, when (besides when saying "I think, but I could be wrong") have I been supposedly proven wrong? And no, scripture proves nothing.

Modern day Israel and Islam are antichrist because they both reject the Son of God. But the time will come that Israel will recognize Jesus as their Messiah and bow down to him. Every knee shall bow and confess Jesus Christ is Lord.

I don't allow this sort of conjecture in my court room, and I won't have it here either. This, sir, is neither valid nor relevant to the discussion at hand because it relies solely on unreliable and unprovable predictions from a book that occupies the same shelf at my local book store as "Green Lantern and Philosophy". (Which is great, by the way. Highly recommended.)

Namaste, brother.
edit on 11/12/2011 by RedGod because: I forgot to namaste.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by beezzer

Originally posted by HomerinNC
They close schools for Christian and Jewish holidays, why not Islamic?

Wiccan?
Druid?
Flying Spaghetti Monster?
Buddism?
Tao?
Confusism?
Satanism?
Klingon?
Jedi?

Where does it end?

Well that's a great example of a slippery slope fallacy. Especially considering most of those aren't actual religions. Also you're missing the point that this school district has a large muslim population. If there is a school district made up of 60% Buddhists(which you spelled wrong btw) then sure they should get a Buddhist holiday off.

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
It's not right that the official holidays are only Christian, especially in areas that are primarily Jewish, Muslim, Buddhist or whatever. It's not fair to honor only one faith in such a diverse country as ours. Freedom of Religion!!
edit on 15/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 15  16  17   >>

join