It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

Here is one more graph with the points plotted from Nov 5 to Nov 13, hourly.

Fix the image please... Im very interested to see what you have there!
edit on 7-11-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

Hmm, looks fine here. Try the direct link: files.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
Maybe I will re state my overall thought on this Elenin / Yu55 subject.

If things pan out the way it is supposed to, WHO CHANGED the trajectory of YU55?

Asteroids do not change trajectory! Who has lied to us?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cytra

The other thing that comes to mind is Phage - I don't trust anything that you say, I'm sorry. You reek of dis-info agent. Whenever something interesting comes up your always the first to poopoo on it, coming to the rescue of the government.

Namaste

I'm sorry but I just lolled so hard then.

All the connections between this thread and that other Impact thread ( forget the name sorry - sorry OP of that thread) is astonishing If there is nothing to thing 9/11/11 stuff then that's it I'm done and I won't jump on the next prediction/connnection thread... i swear

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

If the relative velocity decreases the change in relative distance over a given time span decreases. The "closing rate" between the Earth and the asteroid decreases. Your interpolated data point is invalid, it assumes a constant rate.

"If the relative velocity decreases the change in relative distance over a given time span decreases" - That goes without saying.

" The "closing rate" between the Earth and the asteroid decreases." I disagree... I maintain that the relative velocity between the two (closing rate) never changes, therefore there is a constant Trend in the distance between the two over time. It is the trend that's inconsistent0.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
Here in the UK we are blessed with Prince Philip.. Who upon asked if he could come back as anything what would it be..

' I would want to come back as a deadly virus that would reduce world population'

This is our elite.. we are cattle farmed for the cull.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

ASTEROID FLYBY: NASA radars are monitoring 2005 YU55, an asteroid the size of an aircraft carrier, as it heads for a Nov. 8th flyby of the Earth-Moon system. There is no danger to our planet. At closest approach on Tuesday at 3:28 pm PST (23:28 UT), the 400m-wide space rock will be 324,600 kilometers away, about 85% the distance from Earth to the Moon.

Professional astronomers are eagerly anticipating the flyby as the asteroid presents an exceptionally strong radar target. Powerful transmitters at Goldstone and Arecibo will ping the space rock as it passes by, revealing the asteroid's shape and texture in crisp detail, and pinpointing its orbit for future flyby calculations. A movie from JPL explains:

Asteroids this big have passed by Earth at similar distances many times before, but this is the first time astronomers have known about the flyby in advance. For instance, a similar encounter occurred in 1976 when 2010 XC15 split the distance between Earth and the Moon. Researchers didn't discover that space rock until 24 years after the flyby. The Nov. 8, 2011, passage of 2005 YU55 thus represents a rare opportunity for asteroid research.

Experienced amateur astronomers should be able to photograph 2005 YU55 as it zips through the constellations Aquila and Pegasus glowing like an 11th magnitude star. Even under the full moonlight of Nov. 8th, such a bright asteroid is within reach of mid-sized backyard telescopes. The timing of the flyby favors observers in western Europe and eastern parts of North America. Check Sky & Telescope for observing tips or go straight to JPL for the object's ephemeris.

This is from the main page at www.spaceweather.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   

The other thing that comes to mind is Phage - I don't trust anything that you say, I'm sorry. You reek of dis-info agent. Whenever something interesting comes up your always the first to poopoo on it, coming to the rescue of the government.

Not taking sides here, but has anything actually happened whereby a prediction came true, especially in involving objects in space. I'd say Phage has been right most of the time, as we're still here to attest to it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

A couple things came to mind while reading this post.

First, the big deal about ELENIN was E.L.E.N.I.N. Extinction Level Event Nibiru Is Near, or others have interpreted it as the date 11/9. I'm not saying that's what it really is, but Elenin itself was not the biggie here. We imagined it might have caused some earthquakes or whatnot but fear mongers blew it up way more than it should have been.

Namaste

Where do you get off calling someone you do not even know a, "dis-info agent." Lay off the personal attacks...I am reporting this post...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by Phage

If the relative velocity decreases the change in relative distance over a given time span decreases. The "closing rate" between the Earth and the asteroid decreases. Your interpolated data point is invalid, it assumes a constant rate.

"If the relative velocity decreases the change in relative distance over a given time span decreases" - That goes without saying.

" The "closing rate" between the Earth and the asteroid decreases." I disagree... I maintain that the relative velocity between the two (closing rate) never changes, therefore there is a constant Trend in the distance between the two over time. It is the trend that's inconsistent0.

I think that's the confusion. The "closing rate" would only be constant if there was going to be a direct collision. The fact that it's not constant (hope you saw my graph) shows that it will not hit Earth. (By the way, those higher-precision numbers you pointed us to from JPL do appear to account for the gravity of the sun, earth, and moon.)
edit on 7-11-2011 by AnonymousCitizen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by misfitofscience
Maybe I will re state my overall thought on this Elenin / Yu55 subject.

If things pan out the way it is supposed to, WHO CHANGED the trajectory of YU55?

Asteroids do not change trajectory! Who has lied to us?

I am lost here...who stated the trajectory or orbit has been anything else that is has been since discovery? Link please?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
We have two people here that know more about this than 99.00000000866666666666666666633333333333333000000000000 of the people here on ATS LOL (Phage and TomServo), and a fundamental disagreement it seems. Phage have you actually sat down and crunched the numbers? It seems that he is sure that the track for Nov. 9th doesnt add up . Thanks , ( -all us confused folks- )
edit on 7-11-2011 by bluemooone2 because: edit to add more threes and zeros)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by misfitofscience

How is it supposed to pan out?

Maybe God will hear our prayers and divert the asteroid that Satan has sent hurtling towards Earth?

Or maybe the Tellytubbies will counter the strike by the evil Andy Pandy?

It's as likely as anything else.

However, jsut to be safe, I will cast a spell to protect the Earth. Entreaty the ancient gods on behalf of their arrogant and ignorant children (they still owe me a favour - long story!)

And if YU55 doesn't strike the planet then I expect $1,000 from each and everyone one of you. After all, what price life?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Nothing to worry about.. next is said to be in 2040s, our Astronomy professor has told us in 2028. Either way, there was not long ago another object passing nearby, you can now see how probable it is for an object to cross the Earth's orbit and even at the same time.

link   

link   
we are all going to die!!!!!!

eventually

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by circuitsports
we are all going to die!!!!!!

The most true statement on this whole thread

We just don't know when. But for most of us it'll be a great many years in the future, long after the World has ended again and again and again and again and again .......

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:39 PM
link   
reply to post by AnonymousCitizen

The fact that it's not constant (hope you saw my graph) shows that it will not hit Earth.

Right. And, as I said, the further close approach from Earth is, the wider the curve which shows so clearly in your graph would be.

The OP is projecting something like the red graph I've overlayed yours. It does not account for the change in rate of approach, it only follows his "linear" projection.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Look at you all coming to his rescue, its so cute
I'm just calling out how I see things, and this is a conspiracy website after all. Don't you think agents would be planted here? Or that they even started the website in the first place? All he does is regurgitate what's on government websites. The ones who lie to us in the first place. That's fine, report me. Keeping chewing on what they're spoon feeding you, with your eyes wide shut. I'm not saying I know any better, hell he does know more about this stuff than me which makes him so perfect for the role. Yes he has been consistent, and he may also be right yet again. But is his only purpose here to keep the public calm? Either way, smells fishy.

So, you would say that people running around like crazed lunatics would not be fishy? You look at two crowds...one is running around crazed and fanatical...the other is calm...and you think something is fishy about the calm crowd?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Essan

Yeah but if it's coming.. I would want to attempt some Bruce Willis style shenanigans.. I need to know if this is going to happen so I can find a suitable vest..

new topics

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join