It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Phage

Just curious have you double checked JPL math? If so did you find any errors. And if you did would you even post them here?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
Planning for the Apocalypse?

I expect that they would want to split the government up, on not only different sides of the planet, but also in different hemespheres.

edit on 7-11-2011 by InformationAccount because: (no reason given)

link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

Absolutely and thanks for posting that link to the vid....the other guy mentioned there did the video "The Ultimate Con" which was most excellent btw.

Go to the JPL link posted by the Phage and try searching the Small Body Database for YU55 or YU-55 or YU_55....and nothing comes up ?

Just BS about syntax ?

What are they using for their search engine an 8 bit Tandy TRS-80 processor ?

NASA....remember stands for....

Never

A

Straight

Answer

link   
40 degrees N, 60 degrees W. Roughly 400 miles due east of Massachusetts/Connecticut if it hits. That's my...guess. Depending on the impulse of the asteroid if it does impact the Atlantic, it will send out a several hundred/thousand foot high waves radiating out, hitting the eastern sea board, as well as Eastern Canada, West and Southern Greenland, Iceland, as well as affecting Western Ireland, Portugal, Africa, etc.

edit on 7-11-2011 by xacto because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

Great work, now I'm really concerned!

Have you managed to pin point the closest point in relation to Earth and what time UK time!

Thank you in advance

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by InformationAccount

Dang Info....You have been bringing some cool info today...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Here's a 1st person perspective of what YU55 should be seeing as it passes by us.... hopefully...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
If anyone still thinks there is some odd chance these folks are inviting people to watch with them on their live feed providing the skies are clear.

I watch these from a couple different live feeds, but CO is going to try to broadcast YU55 specifically for the public.

www.cosmicobsession.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
I think there might be an issue with the original poster's math. Admittedly, I'm not an expert, but here's why. In order to make an "almost" straight line, the OP makes all of the distances prior to "0-day" negative. There isn't really a concept of a negative distance.

This is a problem because no matter how the line would be interpolated from the negative distances to the positive distances, it would have to pass through 0.00000 indicating a collision at some point on the timeline. I don't know how to calculate the closest distance, but this way certainly does not seem correct.

(p.s., This is my first post here, but have been reading for years. Be kind.)
edit on 7-11-2011 by AnonymousCitizen because: added diagram

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   
reply to post by nh_ee

The name of the body is 2005 YU55.

Hey, that's pretty clever with the acronym. Did you think of that all by yourself?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:54 PM
link   

“We’re extremely confident, 100 percent confident, that this is not a threat,” said the manager of NASA’s Near Earth Object Program, Don Yeomans.

Scientists have been tracking the slowly spinning, spherical, dark-colored object since its discovery in 2005, and are positive it won’t do any damage. “We know the orbit of this object very well,” Yeomans said.

If 2005 YU55 were to plow into the home planet, it would blast out a crater four miles across and 1,700 feet deep, according to Melosh’s calculations. Think a magnitude-7 earthquake and 70-foot-high tsunami waves.

source
edit on 7-11-2011 by Hitsuzen because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by Shadowalker

This goes for everyone... I Never said its going to hit earth. I dont know either way. I am strictly flagging an inconsistency in the data provided by JPL. I provided a bit if analysis, yielding alternative results. It's up to each of you to come to your own conclusion. The distance/time chart is a simple enough illustration, and imo should make anyone 'suspicious'!

Could you look at the JPL data to check this ?

They say the last closest pass of an asteroid similar in size (well 200M) was in 1976 when Asteroid 2010 XC15 came within 0.5 lunar distance, but the JPL data does not show it came anywhere near that distance in 1976..

If you run the JPL animation backwards the closest it comes is
0.012 AU

To save you some time this happened on 25th December 1976.

or 0.012 AU = 1,115,469 miles =1,795,173 kilometers

"1976, Dec 26
Asteroid 2010 XC15 (H = 21.4 mag, D ≈ 200 m, PHA) passed Earth at 0.5 LD."

But lunar distance is 0.0024-0.0027 AU.. so why are they telling us that the 1976 asteroid 2010 XC15 came within 0.5 LD ? Which would be 0.001 AU

This grows more mysterious by the day...

www.iau.org...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Could YU55 have made a near pass in 1976 ? and the data have been altered so we can't plot it's true trajectory..

Text Can the super brain debunkers get on this.. hopefully I made an error, Proudbird where are you when we need you?

edit on 7-11-2011 by mockrock because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
would not nasa/airforce attempt to shoot the thing out of the sky if its too close????

is that why they brought down the satellites?

OH MY!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by TolanIsMaximus

What everyone should realize is, the alledged PTB cannot control what is seen in the sky. There are astromomers all over the planet, amature and professional and they would not keep quiet. Many of the objects that NASA knows about they know about because some amature saw something before they did. Elenin being just one in recent history. Not everyone with a telescope is in Uncle Sam's pocket. There is absolutly no way that any object approaching earth could be kept a secret. Now if its approach was from behind the sun then we could all get a surprise but that would be because no one saw it coming.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

Yeah, I heard that if there was an impact it would equal about a 7.5 EQ and if it hit the ocean unless it was very close to a coastline the resulting tsunami would not even affect land.
And with that said, since this would not be en ELE I am pretty sure they would tell us of an impending collision.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:40 PM
link   
Ahh...not to go off subject or anything but does anyone know when YU55 will hit Earth? I mean since we have been watchin this thing for awhile, has anyone bothered to check the future passes! I would but basically I am a cro-mag named CROG. CROG smash silly space rock with club....CROG strong!

ANYONE? Phage?GOD?Dick Van Dyke?..........

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by mockrock

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by Shadowalker

This goes for everyone... I Never said its going to hit earth. I dont know either way. I am strictly flagging an inconsistency in the data provided by JPL. I provided a bit if analysis, yielding alternative results. It's up to each of you to come to your own conclusion. The distance/time chart is a simple enough illustration, and imo should make anyone 'suspicious'!

Could you look at the JPL data to check this ?

They say the last closest pass of an asteroid similar in size (well 200M) was in 1976 when Asteroid 2010 XC15 came within 0.5 lunar distance, but the JPL data does not show it came anywhere near that distance in 1976..

If you run the JPL animation backwards the closest it comes is
0.012 AU

To save you some time this happened on 25th December 1976.

or 0.012 AU = 1,115,469 miles =1,795,173 kilometers

"1976, Dec 26
Asteroid 2010 XC15 (H = 21.4 mag, D ≈ 200 m, PHA) passed Earth at 0.5 LD."

But lunar distance is 0.0024-0.0027 AU.. so why are they telling us that the 1976 asteroid 2010 XC15 came within 0.5 LD ? Which would be 0.001 AU

This grows more mysterious by the day...

www.iau.org...

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Could YU55 have made a near pass in 1976 ? and the data have been altered so we can't plot it's true trajectory..

Text Can the super brain debunkers get on this.. hopefully I made an error, Proudbird where are you when we need you?

Can somebody have a look into this one !! Doesn't make sense.. Why would they lie about the 1976 close pass?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
reply to post by TomServo

All i can say is wow excellent work on your data well done i hope your not right only for the selfish reason of me residing on the east coast where this is supposed to impact (according to a few predictions not sure whether they are right or not)

But well done on the data work and i could only hope that other thread authors took as much time and put as much work in as you did.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:47 PM
link   

Scientists have been tracking the slowly spinning, spherical, dark-colored object since its discovery in 2005, and are positive it won’t do any damage. “We know the orbit of this object very well,” Yeomans said.

This bothers me if it is spherical why?

What is this made up of?

Who can see it if it is so dark ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   
reply to post by mockrock

The Orbital Diagram is a very crude tool. As the disclaimer states:

The applet was implemented using 2-body methods, and hence should not be used for determining accurate long-term trajectories (over several years or decades) or planetary encounter circumstances.

The close approach data for 2010 XC15 shows a nominal close approach of 0.002 AU and a minimum of 0.001 AU. Since it wasn't discovered until 2005 the actual close approach distance cannot be known with certainty.
ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

edit on 11/7/2011 by Phage because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join