It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 37
<< 34  35  36   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 9 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
Had a break in the Welsh cloud this evening and watched YU55 sail by.... either that or a Satelite.... I'd say YU55 quite a large object 9.55pm aprox heading WSW

edit on 9-11-2011 by DreamerOracle because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 03:45 AM
link   
reply to post by pteridine

What a pity that our species has regressed to the point that without
or canned laughter, we are mentally incapable of recognising when someone is "attempting" humour. Thanks for that America, your contribution is always so enriching

But I do appreciate being called emotionally brittle. The unmistakable hallmark of true genius

Let's go back to hieroglyphs - much simpler.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   
Back on topic, for what it's worth I calculated the orbit of YU55 using only my own observational data from the night of the close approach to see what its trajectory was through the earth-moon system. To avoid having to divulge my exact latitude and longitude online, I used the university of florida as my observing site for the calculations. It's not really all that close to me, but it's the right state and it's close enough for a rough orbital determination. In spite of this, and in spite of only having a few hours of data from one observer (me), the result agrees with the JPL prediction of the asteroid's trajectory. I'll post the full details and video comparison of predicted vs what I detected later tonight.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ngchunter

Here's the orbital solution using just my data from the 8th:

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

looking at your images, what would happen it we were for e.g to fly directly 'up?' could we simply go up and over the asteroid/comets??

Peace,
-TF

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 04:46 AM
link   
OK, if your going to use acronyms, you need to have a description beside that word so that people understand what the hell you are talking about.

Personally im not going to read a thousand returned comments to find out what information you are talking about, so please explain...

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by WideAwakeNow

Who are you replying to?

top topics

<< 34  35  36   >>

join