It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 32
<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
If there was ever a risk of YU55 hitting Earth, or the moon, does anyone really think we would know? Do you think PTB would want to tell us? Create more riots, and mass hysteria?
Just my two cents....

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:58 PM
link   
Hummm maybe NASA/JPL had their numbers right.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:59 PM
link   
congrats everyone! we made it!

when's the next doom moment!!!! fema tomorrow right?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Yea I caught a glance at it above the moon after it passed it (the moonlight was to bright to notice the asteroid at first) and it was similar to watching a satellite in orbit only quicker. Checked my fone and it was 6:23pm EST in Pennsylvania.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
If there was ever a risk of YU55 hitting Earth, or the moon, does anyone really think we would know? Do you think PTB would want to tell us? Create more riots, and mass hysteria?
Just my two cents....

Im not sure they could keep something like that a secret. Sure they would probably all run to their bunkers or whatever, but the people watching these things on scopes would know somethings up.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:05 PM
link   
Here,s the live feed
www.ustream.tv...
events.slooh.com...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:06 PM
link   
*phew* we're alive

almost got worried with all these weird threads recently..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   
Supposedly the flyby isn't for another 2 hours..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
So where's that big ol' rock?

ETA
I guessed I missed the post above that stated 2 more hours....sorry, I'm a little excited

edit on 11/8/11 by ThePublicEnemyNo1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
reply to post by wezel444

I thought it was about 54 minutes ago?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Yes...still not time yet...2 hrs.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by moondoggy2
Just my two cents....

But what would be the point of rioting if you didn't know where it would strike?

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:16 PM
link   
What would have happened if it did hit the earth? I'm reading that it could trigger a 7.0 earthquake, doesn't seem that big of a deal unless it hit a populated area.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by timetothink

Yes...still not time yet...2 hrs.

Are you sure it wasn't 3 pst 6 eastern time? I think we missed it. I'm on the wet coast.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   

edit on 8-11-2011 by wezel444 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
It already passed us at 6:28pm EST. All is good.

How is it "all good" when Nasa is showing 2005 YU55's Earth distance as 0.0022 AU on November 9th, which is tomorrow? November 8th it shows as 0.0079. All we have been hearing from the media robots is it's today.

ssd.jpl.nasa.gov...

Something is fishy about all this. The whole test tomorrow as well, and this hsitorical hurricane up in Alaska. Nevertheless, Nasa shows it's Earth distance tomorrow as 0.0079 AU, Which is the closest it will be to planet Earth. So why is the media been telling us that today is it's closest distance from the earth? Can anyone explain that? ~SheopleNation

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by SixX1874
about 15min and I can see the sky perfect with the moon right out back as well. No telescope tonight, I don't think I'll be able to capture and follow an asteroid very well. As long as I don't see it ignite in the atmosphere then tonight will be a very good night! :p

It speed and distance made it easy to capture the asteroid within a lens with the right kind of telescope. There are armature astronomers that are posting right now their photos and vids of its pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SheopleNation

must be a lot of people looking at that link, cause I can't get to it.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
reply to post by ThePublicEnemyNo1

HAHAHA wet coast. No doubt. I live on the NWet pacific coast. Rains all the time here.

It went past 3:28 PST at its closest point to the Earth, so yeah you have missed that portion of its pass.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:33 PM
link   
reply to post by MidnightTide

Keep in mind it might not be due to traffic. JPL is pretty incompetent as a rule.

new topics

top topics

<< 29  30  31    33  34  35 >>

join