It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

YU55 Closer Than JPL Indicates?

page: 2
<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join
share:
+3 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Here is what I dont get. NASA has not even put in the calculations for when it passes us. What I mean is they totally disregard the fact that this 400m object will be within LD. The earth holds the moon where it is because of our gravitational pull. Don't you think this little guy would be affected in some way by our gravity? In there diagram they show a straight line like it will whiz right past us and our gravity plays no part whatsoever. I cant trust any information out there. It will either hit us, the moon or just pass us. Who knows, nothing is consistent on the internet and in media anymore

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by TomServo
reply to post by windword

I think everything on JPL is UTC. Therefore 11pm UTC would be 5pm Central for me. I'll try to give the plot I created in excel which made me suspicious.

What's that in GMT? What the World's clocks are set up against, London UK time please??

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   
See the thing is IF IT WERE DANGEROUS I DONT THINK IT WOULD HAVE A NAME OR BE TALKED ABOUT. SO SINCE THIS 1 IS NAMED IT MAY BE ONE OF THE CLOSER INTERACTORS BUT NOT AN INCOMMING VISITOR. I also think the names of CERTAIN CELESTIALS can be switched to add distraction/confusion.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
OK OP, I have to look at this in regard to dollars and cents. $$$$$$$$$$$$$$,$$$$$$$$$,$$$$$$$$$$. TPTB would know your information long before you did because they employ such number crunchers. My guess and could be anybodies guess for that matter is the MARKET. It would show a bunch of big money moving to precious metals to wait out the storm. I mean, wouldn't you. If today we saw the DOW fall 1.000pts and gold shoot up to $2,500 or more I would say you could be on to something. In any case, we find out tomorrow, NO?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:11 AM
link   
reply to post by TinkerHaus

what everyone keeps assuming is that this rock is actually 400km. can any of you verify it's size? please do share. so i mean...if we're going all out conspiracy here...let's assume that they're lying about the size, too...what if it's a lot bigger and they're just trying to get us caught up in the projected path and think that even if it hits it won't matter.

what if this fu¢xer is the size of texas?
edit on 11/7/11 by ICEKOHLD because: (no reason given)

link   
Interesting indeed Sir. I wonder if the Solar wind speed will have any effect on the YU55 rock as it approaches earth. That would push it towards Earth even more I guess.
This is another example of the dart throw JPL calcs. Although I am no math wiz, the info coming out is at best an estimate.

See you on the other side..........

link   
reply to post by Ophiuchus 13

Normally I agree on conspiracy things, but on this..... Well, Governments don't own the equipment for the most part in what finds and tracks much of this. Universities and other private holders do all over the world. Universities with the same kinds of folks out there in OWS with crushing student debt. I.E...Not the type of people I can see supporting a cover up and they're working with the equipment watching these objects as much as the Earth turns them in the right direction.

Phage disappearing actually got my attention to be a little concerned..given the timing and all. Welcome back Phage!
...but I don't think NASA or the U.S. Government could hide a legitimate and visually trackable object even if they wanted to. Too many private hands in the pie to control them all. It's how close the margin of error is for this one.....Well, we'll know by tomorrow night.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:12 AM
link   

Got a nice point. If it's on the news then everything must be alright, no real threat here... They are only trying to keep us living in fear as usual!
edit on 7-11-2011 by Shuye because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

What's that in GMT? What the World's clocks are set up against, London UK time please??

UTC is GMT lol

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by ICEKOHLD

what everyone keeps assuming is that this rock is actually 400km. can any of you verify it's size? please do share. so i mean...if we're going all out conspiracy here...let's assume that they're lying about the size, too...

And herein lies the problem.

If you present data gathered by NASA the biased conspiracy theorist would argue that NASA lies.

If you present data gathered by amateur astronomers, or space agencies from other countries, the biased conspiracy theorist will claim that it is not credible evidence.

If you assume the size of an object based on thousands of NASA observations, it doesn't count because again, NASA lies.

Here is a video of YU55 - provided by NASA. Probably a lie.

www.jpl.nasa.gov...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:16 AM
link   

yeah. i know. once someone raises a conspiracy theory...it seems that all logic is thrown out of the window and then it turns into a "who's info is accurate" contest.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:19 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The big question of the matter is... going by your new data, will it get close enough to the Earth to get caught by our gravity and make an impact?

Using your data. is there any way to figure out how close it will be to the moon?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:21 AM
link   
It will pass then do a u-turn and hit Earth on 11 11 11 at 11:11:11 UTC

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Wrabbit2000

Normally I agree on conspiracy things, but on this..... Well, Governments don't own the equipment for the most part in what finds and tracks much of this. Universities and other private holders do all over the world. Universities with the same kinds of folks out there in OWS with crushing student debt. I.E...Not the type of people I can see supporting a cover up and they're working with the equipment watching these objects as much as the Earth turns them in the right direction.

Phage disappearing actually got my attention to be a little concerned..given the timing and all. Welcome back Phage!
...but I don't think NASA or the U.S. Government could hide a legitimate and visually trackable object even if they wanted to. Too many private hands in the pie to control them all. It's how close the margin of error is for this one.....Well, we'll know by tomorrow night.

Nicely put and I think it's important for everyone to remember this when they are considering a theory...but they won't.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:22 AM
link   
reply to post by Wrabbit2000

I feel where you are comming from my friend Wrabbit2000, I just feel they can see things others can see and lable them. BUT there are some things that the general populace cannot see with the best scopes due to the best scope being designed to see in a spectrum that some celestials may not be visual within. This is where I feel the unnamed 1z would fit in, either only viewable by general populace in close range or location related some locations may have been seperated from general populace observation.

reply to post by Shuye

I feel its FEAR related YES maybe by some who like to use FEAR to their advantage and they share data to controll FEAR LEVEL. I also feel its shared down the MEDIA ladder potentials just in case a calculation was wronge they can say we DID tell you. The REALLY close potential incommings I dont think would be shared as the FEAR LEVEL will become uncontrollable and cause mass panick which may prevent some who seek to avoid chaos from -BUNKERING DOWN FOR THE LONG RUN- This is why I feel the REALLY DANGEROUS variety of celestials wont be named no name no wiki track or interwebs track for there is no name.

Take care

edit on 11/7/11 by Ophiuchus 13 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:23 AM
link   

reply to post by Phage

They can be assumed as relatively linear when you are referencing such a small window. Why else would the day to day distances for all other days be relatively linear? When looking at a week long scope, the orbital deviations are negligible. I'm addressing a greater than negligible deviation here.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TomServo because: (no reason given)

No they can't, you talking roughly 14 degrees of arc over that 7 days for the Earth.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Epirus

Originally posted by JibbyJedi
The big question of the matter is... going by your new data, will it get close enough to the Earth to get caught by our gravity and make an impact?

Using your data. is there any way to figure out how close it will be to the moon?

If you don't doubt NASA's calculations you can get the answer here.

2011-Nov-09 07:14 < 00:01 Moon 0.00160119624839852 0.00160107696971722 0.00160131553174464 13.5085847668911 13.5070695013082 2455874.801725999 0.00170684103290267 8.3029104451964 4.05602468639271 -54.3012360406888 49656.2344776188 T 76 CATAB v2.0c-linF95 2011-Nov-06 16:59:02 2011-Nov-06 16:59

So .0016 AU from the moon on 11/9/11

Keep in mind YU55 is traveling above the Earth's ecliptic plane. Adjust your viewing angle to the side if using JPL's Small Bodies DB to see what this means.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53

reply to post by windword

I think everything on JPL is UTC. Therefore 11pm UTC would be 5pm Central for me. I'll try to give the plot I created in excel which made me suspicious.

The world runs on UTC not GMT (albeit for this conversation they are the same value)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
I'm certain that this event is going to be nothing more than an asteroid passing close to earth. It's still fun to look at the coincidences which are completely unrelated and pretend they are related.

Novermber 9: First ever FEMA national preparedness test
(www.fema.gov...)

November 9: A Pacific-wide Tsunami Warning and Communication Exercise
(unesdoc.unesco.org...)

November 8/9: Huge asteroid(YU55) passing closer to earth than the moon
(www.space.com...)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:30 AM
link   
Well your time is very close to what this OP wrote about www.abovetopsecret.com...

Also remember...if this thing does hit. It will likely hit in the Atlantic. It would also cause activity that is the same as a 7.0-7.5 EarthQuake.

top topics

<< 1    3  4  5 >>

join