It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's now or never folks!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:23 AM
link   
As Primary election day is less than a day away, I must make this plea to everyone who's willing to listen. This is our last and final chance to make the necessary changes needed to start this country moving in a forward direction, as opposed to the last 11 years of regression. Ron Paul is who I speak of, but you probably knew that already. Ron Paul is like the guy in disaster movie warning everyone of imminent disaster, only to fall on deaf ears, until it's too late, and said disaster happens anyway. We cannot afford not even one more term of the same old same old politics that has gotten us where we are today.

I know the usual Paul bashers will be here in droves shortly, so for them I have a challenge. Bring something to the table that shows he is just another politician with only his intrests at heart. I don't believe you will find anything, but good luck. Ron Paul has been fighting for your constitutional rights for decades. So please don't reply with the usual one liners like: He'll never get elected, he's just another politician, he's just another puppet, etc..

We have a chance tomorrow, a real chance to change this country for the better. To right the wrongs of previous administrations. To bring our Constitutional liberties back to the people, instead of 4 more years of loosing our rights. Washington, much like an old growth forrest, needs to burn in order for the seeds of liberty to rise from the ashes. And I beleive Ron Paul is the spark needed for ignition.

While I understand that sweeping changes in Washington will be difficult, I also understand that these changes are absolutely necessary and ARE coming. My question is, would you rather Mr. Paul made these changes at POTUS or these changes be made out of because of an emergency (dollar collapse, stock market crash, country goes bankrupt, etc.) where haphazzard bills are thrown together over night, barely proof read, ink still wet, rushed through congress to avoid a catastrophy?

This is our last chance folks, as I see it the next election won't matter. The country will be bankrupt. Or worse, invaded or blown off the map. So please, get to the polls tomorrow and vote for Ron Paul. Plant a seed of hope for this country, so that it may flourish once again as the greatest nation on earth. Our kid's lives depend on this election. So please, choose wisely.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:39 AM
link   
As a write-in Ron Paul voter in the last election I applaud your gumption. The problem, however, is in people's obsession with the President. Despite what many people think, the President has very limited power when it comes to making any serious policy changes. That should be pretty evident when you view this Presidency. Congress --- and the political machine that controls it --- is what actually controls the direction of the country. It's also important to recognize that it's not what they say in their carefully crafted sound-bites that matters. It's what is going on behind closed-doors. Until we clean these tools out of Congress nothing can change. Unfortunately, the system has done a superb job of conditioning people into the two-party polar war (my party is better than your party).

Think back to the recent mid-term elections. Remember the 'big Republican mandate'? How they were taking over Congress and were going to put everything right? Where did that get us? Nowhere. The whole thing is an enormous sham. What we need is a mass Occupy the Election and drive every incumbent clown out of office. We need to stop electing millionaires thinking that they are going to benevolently represent the 'interests of The People'. That absurd notion is like putting the Yankees in charge of the Red Sox' roster moves.

The recent upsurge in 'People Power' is encouraging but 'The System' is designed to polarize us so that nothing changes. Ron Paul? Sure, a start. But he will be frozen-out from the get-go. No one is going to do crap until we flush the lot of them and start a political war against professional politicians, special interests and the companies that use them.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   
reply to post by jtma508

Ron Paul? Sure, a start. But he will be frozen-out from the get-go.

If he were able to do nothing he plans OTHER than exercise presidential authority as commander-in-chief to end the wars and military aggression that are doing us all more harm than good, that might be enough for me.

Additionally, he can also direct the DOJ and others to stop pursuing certain intrusive practices/protect states' rights, as well as issue pardons and revoke over-stepping prior executive directives. Even being cut off at the knees otherwise by congress, I think this would honestly be more than we've seen out of most presidents for quite some time.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   
Before anyone votes you may want to read this first then decide if Committing a crime is worth it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:50 AM
link   
If he gets into office, how is he going to stop the world corporations' agendas & growing profits at our expense? I know he's a super man, but he's not Superman.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:52 AM
link   
I honestly look around at those who don't know who Dr. Paul is and get worried.
Most people I talk to, around 95% of them, are more interested in who looks the part.
Not who will do a good job.
Everyone talks about who the MSM supports.
And it's not Paul.
By a longshot.

I can't get any more frustrated with people today.
It's getting beyond stupid now.
It's insanely stupid.

We have an opportunity to re-write history and set a precendent.
But the people are more worried about which candidate had affairs with who.
They are more consumed with what FOX tells them or NBC, etc.

They won't look at the big picture.

They only see what the TV shows them.

It is truly pathetic and I am truly concerned.
I'd like to cram bananas in the mouths of all the reporters that ignore/ridicule Paul.
They are all circus monkeys that are trained to tell the people what the Bilderbergs want.
And it's working like a charm.
People roll their collective eyes when you talk about him.
It's more than blatantly obvious now.

Wonder why?
Can you say "programmed nation"?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   

Originally posted by drmeola
Before anyone votes you may want to read this first then decide if Committing a crime is worth it.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I'm pretty sure you are trying to hijack this thread.
YOUR thread has nothing to do with this.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by JibbyJediIf he gets into office, how is he going to stop the world corporations' agendas & growing profits at our expense? I know he's a super man, but he's not Superman.

I'd have to look into the specifics of if any were founded by executive directive or that he could otherwise attack directly (of if would otherwise have to rely on the bully pulpit and try to get support), but...:

1) First off, you can't stop any business from profiting at (y)our expense, this is how business grows and provides service. As far as predatory practices, OK.

2) He could work to address the regulatory agencies which really do pretty much anything BUT regulate as far as concerns the "too big to fails" - there has been a revolving door policy between these agencies and the businesses they regulate, leading to the industries effectively regulating themselves and choking any new & small competition right out of business, via niggling regulations only the "too-bigs" can consistently meet as well as the penalties large enough that only the "too-bigs" can afford to ignore. If we can get the stifling and otherwise ineffective regulatory atmostphere cleared up somewhat, fresh and innovate businesses could actually give the too-bigs a run for their money and force them to actually clean up their act and compete in a more-honest setting, AND if he can work to end the indirect war on industrial cannabis, a whole host of new industry and challenge to the "too-bigs" looms on the horizon. Right now, regulation is entirely a double-edged sword stabbing us right in the gut...at the very least, we have a profusion of entirely the wrong sort that only serve to cut us off at the knees.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by GmoS719

I have no interest in hijacking any thread, and this thread is to promote voting for a candidate, my link shows how voting is a crime, so this thread is promoting a criminal act against the rightful de jure government form, I teach law and the crime committed by voting is treason, the penalty is min of two years in prison and or the harsher punishment allowed by law is Death. So this is why I asked to read the link to learn the law before hand.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by imawlinn

I like your thread. SnF for an excellent job. I understand where you're coming from, but I feel something completely different is needed. A very loud message can be sent without doing anything at all.
edit on 7-11-2011 by randyvs because: (no reason given)

top topics

join