It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

www.bbc.co.uk

Military action against Iran would be a "very serious mistake fraught with unpredictable consequences", Russia's foreign minister has warned.

Sergei Lavrov said diplomacy, not missile strikes, was the only way to solve the Iranian nuclear problem.

His comments come after Israeli President Shimon Peres said an attack on Iran was becoming more likely.

The UN's atomic watchdog is expected to say this week that Iran is secretly developing a nuclear arms capability.
(visit the link for the full news article)

The Russians are "advising" against a strike, but they are not threatening, least that's my take.
They go on to say that Military action can't solve any modern day issues.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
People tend to forget about the Chinese. China and Iran have political as well as trade relationships. So if Israel and America want to start a war with Iran they had better be prepared for china to get involved.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
there are many ways to argue that this pissing match will or wont take place. I happen to think that the Zionists have infiltrated every nook and cranny of the Globe. I really am not sure if they care if they loose their homeland, they have stole and lost it how many times now????????????????

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by rigel4

The Russians are "advising" against a strike, but they are not threatening, least that's my take.
They go on to say that Military action can't solve any modern day issues.

I think that's what the vast majority's take on it is............but there seem to be an awful lot of excitable people on ATS regarding this issue.......and they will post anything to "suggest" that WW3 is imminent.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aletheia007
People tend to forget about the Chinese. China and Iran have political as well as trade relationships. So if Israel and America want to start a war with Iran they had better be prepared for china to get involved.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Aletheia007 because: (no reason given)

Here we go, same old uniformed rubbish!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by Soshh

Now is a good time to step up the rhetoric because the official end of NATO's Libya mission means that a strike becomes far more feasible.

I would say NATO is unlikely to be involved in any military action over Iran any time soon judging from :

"Let me stress that NATO has no intention whatsoever to intervene in Iran, and NATO is not engaged as an alliance in the Iran question,”

-Anders Fogh Rasmussen NATO Secretary General Thursday, Nov. 3, 2011.Brussels

www.washingtonpost.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   

Now is a good time to step up the rhetoric because the official end of NATO's Libya mission means that a strike becomes far more feasible.

I would say NATO is unlikely to be involved in any military action over Iran any time soon judging from:

"Let me stress that NATO has no intention whatsoever to intervene in Iran, and NATO is not engaged as an alliance in the Iran question,”

www.washingtonpost.com...[edi tby]edit on 7-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Logical one

UNIFORMED???
here is a link covering what I just posted.link

Also use google to find out more information

n June, 2009, a spokesman for the Chinese Foreign Ministry, Qin Gang, stated that "China respects the choice of the Iranian people" and expressed hope that "Iran could maintain stability and solidarity" in the face of opposition street protests following the re-election of Iranian President Mahmoud Ahmadinejad. During a June 2009 meeting of the Shanghai Cooperation Organization, an intergovernmental trade and security organization in which China is a member and Iran an observer state, Chinese President Hu Jintao reaffirmed his country's commitment to working with Iran, stating “We are quite confident that friendly and profound economic relations between the two countries should continue forever.

Source

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by michael1983l
Although India would likely side with the West and that would cause a huge problem for China.
edit on 7-11-2011 by michael1983l because: (no reason given)

India will never side with 'West' on attacking Iran. India and Iran have been good trading partners before US nuclear deal was brought forward and US tried to push India on restricting it's trade with Iran. Now India is again trading with Iran (why not it's in best interest for India) and recently even voted to get Palestine a member seat at UN. India opposed the war in Iraq , Afghanistan and Libya. I'm proud that India does not tow the line of US and Israel.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

I would say NATO is unlikely to be involved in any military action over Iran any time soon judging from:

www.washingtonpost.com...[edi tby]edit on 7-11-2011 by Logical one because: (no reason given)

What I was referring to was the combination of the commitments of contributing NATO states being relieved and the fact that the 'eyes of the international community' so to speak are rightly or wrongly moving elsewhere.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Ek Bharatiya

Interesting point of view.

I always considered India to be unpredictable, but lately in my opinion they seem to be much more pro-west.

They won't need to kiss Iran's butt if Iran just gets erased. So siding with the west could help get rid of China too depending what happens. China and India have always been not too friendly if you know what I mean.

I see a lot of different points being made here, it is interesting to see. I advise the members who are downplaying the power of Russia and China to do a little more research. Please be aware I am also acknowledging the might of the USA and it's allies.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

India is more closely allied with Russia than with US. US has history of supporting Pakistan even with the knowledge that Pakistan was sponsoring terrorist and attacking India. All that didn't mattered US until US started getting attacked. US even put sanctions on India when India developed it's nuclear weapons for many years. Russia has been the only steadfast trading partner to India from long time. Granted India is opening up it's door to more countries now for trade relations and such but India still does not like any interference by US/ Israel in it's foreign policy.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:18 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
This whole new round of "Attack Iran" has been instigated by the Israeli’s. They won't attack Iran on their own,
simply because they are not capable of it.
This new round of propaganda and sabre rattling is to put pressure on everyone else to solve the problem for them,Either militarily or by Negotiaion.

The simple facts are these, you attack another country at your own risk, if that countries friends get involved, you must have been aware from the start that this was a risk, other wise your head is up your own *ss.

Israel really wants the US to do it's dirty work, because as mentioned they simply don't have the fire power.

Yes yes , they have nukes but their not not going to use them first strike. That would simply mean Israel ceases
to exist.

Without any evidence,from me, every country in the world knows a hell of a lot more about the Sampson option than any of us do. So by my reckoning, the minute Israel starts lobbing nukes, then many countries in the world are going to target everything in Israel. It makes sense.
take them out before they realise their on a different side.

None of the above will happen anyway. it's all a pressure tactic, and if it does , well you pays your money you takes your chance.
Personally I think that Iran will be the last war, (If it happens), because it more or less will divide the world into three main blocks. China , Russia and USA, now that’s a war none of them will ever dare fight.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   
I'm trying to think of strong responses that the Russians could undertake bar direct military action, i.e. calling in the U.S Ambassador and giving him a dressing down. Further to that, actually expelling the U.S Ambassador and severing any ties that the two countries may have.

China could do the same too I suppose.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Corruption Exposed
This is the strongest response I have heard from a Russian official other than Putin himself.

Sounds like Russia has drawn the line in the sand. I hope it's enough to frighten the war hawks away because they are circling Iran like starved vultures.

Sadly this is probably just another carefully placed propaganda piece so take it with a grain of salt.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

I could agree with him if the sanctions for the past decade did a damn thing.
THEY DIDN'T and Iran is ready make nuclear weapons to use against innocence
as soon as they get them..

TIK TOK TOK

Time is up. Putin can stick it, what Russia is going to attack
the USA or Israel? Moscow would be leveled in seconds..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   
reply to post by popsmayhem

Why does Israel feel it is acceptable for them to have nuclear weapons and for them to not be a signatory to the nuclear non-proliferation treaty?

They are hypocrites of the highest order.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:43 PM
link   
Personally I think this is America trying to goad Iran into blocking the straits so that theyll have the excuse to bomb the hell out of them as they previuosly said this would be an act of war.
They arn't bothered about Russia or China as they think the war will be conventional, the russians have already stated that they cant beat America in a conventional war, but Russia also said that if they couldnt win conventionally then they would resort to missile warfare.
America is still banking on a purely conventional war!
Israel/America wont start bombing unless Iran blocks the straits, better than a false flag for them.
edit on 7-11-2011 by GeeDee because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:45 PM
link   

UNIFORMED???

It's well known that China has trade relationships with Iran............the "Uniformed" bit is where you say China will get involved...............it won't.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Logical one

UNIFORMED???

It's well known that China has trade relationships with Iran............the "Uniformed" bit is where you say China will get involved...............it won't.

You really think they wont?

China is also extensively involved in non-oil and gas segments of the Iranian economy. In May 2009, at a joint economic conference in Tehran, the two countries signed a number of agreements totaling $17 billion in economic cooperation. The agreements stipulated that China assist Iran with its construction sector, host joint trade meetings, and develop Iran’s railway system. Iran will also build a new trade center in China’s majority Muslim Xinjiang province.[57] Furthermore, Chinese officials have expressed their interest in expanding participation in the development of Iran’s titanium deposits and mining infrastructure.[58] According to Amir Talebi, an official with the Trade Promotion Organization of Iran, his country’s principal exports to China consist of “propane, iron ore, polyethylene, aluminum, copper, marble, chrome ore, cast iron, lead, concentrated licorice, and sulfur.” Talebi added that China assists Iran in building dams, shipyards, ports, airports, in mine-development, and oil and gas infrastructure. [59] In February 2010, Managing Director of the NIOC Seifollah Janshnaz encouraged China and Iran to conclude new agreements and went so far as to say that his government expects to see bilateral trade reach $50 billion in the “near future.”[60] Iran’s ambassador to China, Mehdi Safari, reiterated the $50 billion goal in June 2010 while speaking at Iran's National Pavilion at the 2010 World Expo in Shanghai. According to the ambassador, trade ties will have to enter into “a new phase” in order to reach the ambitious goal.[61] Safari has made even more grandiose predictions in the past, saying upon his arrival in China in May 2010 that the value of bilateral trade could rise to as much as $200 billion by 2020.[62]

China has invested a lot into Iran. I dont think they are going to sit back and allow america and Israel to destroy or take Irans resources in which it depends on

new topics

top topics

active topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join