It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+76 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   

Russia: Israeli threat of strikes on Iran 'a mistake'

www.bbc.co.uk

Military action against Iran would be a "very serious mistake fraught with unpredictable consequences", Russia's foreign minister has warned.

Sergei Lavrov said diplomacy, not missile strikes, was the only way to solve the Iranian nuclear problem.

His comments come after Israeli President Shimon Peres said an attack on Iran was becoming more likely.

The UN's atomic watchdog is expected to say this week that Iran is secretly developing a nuclear arms capability.
(visit the link for the full news article)

+75 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
This is the strongest response I have heard from a Russian official other than Putin himself.

Sounds like Russia has drawn the line in the sand. I hope it's enough to frighten the war hawks away because they are circling Iran like starved vultures.

Sadly this is probably just another carefully placed propaganda piece so take it with a grain of salt.

www.bbc.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 7-11-2011 by Corruption Exposed because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:51 AM
link   
we'll Russia certainly doesn't want this to happen but the real question is what they will do if it does. If I was a religious man I would be praying we back down of or failing that that Russia does nothing.

I hope this is just posturing on one or both sides, if not then ww3 is coming.

I'm inclined to believe it is just posturing but it is still worrying.

Ironically though if the US invades Iran and Russia responds then the USA is the warmongering villain of the war and Russia the noble defender of freedom... at least in my opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:54 AM
link   
And generals give warnings

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:00 AM
link   
already expected the response from the russians..
they will if need be step in to assist.. and contrary to what some may think the russian military is quite capable.
curious to see the u.s and israeli response have a suspicion they will continue with the sabre rattling as they're too drunk with bloodlust..
now remains to be seen is the chinese response..which should be coming soon..

+7 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:02 AM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

I find it highly interesting that this Russian general warns the US of attacking Iran, and has been warning for a while, and he never mentioned Israel.

I guess he realizes that, whatever Israel does, the US will flood in right behind them and make their war our own.

Israel dictates American foreign policy. This is completely, unequivocally, and utterly unacceptable.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by Expat888
already expected the response from the russians..
they will if need be step in to assist.. and contrary to what some may think the russian military is quite capable.
curious to see the u.s and israeli response have a suspicion they will continue with the sabre rattling as they're too drunk with bloodlust..
now remains to be seen is the chinese response..which should be coming soon..

I agree entirely with saying the Russian military is quite capable and technologically similar to the United States...even if by going off blueprints and schematics of our own systems..lol.

I don't imagine it would have taken nearly this long for the United States to draw that line in the sand if it's been Communist Block nations doing the interventions all over the planet. Russia taking a stand was only a matter of time.

I hope this does give Tel Aviv and Washington a moment of pause. I don't think Russia is bluffing on this and this is about the only kind of warning the Russians historically give...if they give one at all. If Israel plows ahead anyway...they'd better be watching hard to the north, as they may find a whole wave of counter-attack coming from that direction and NOT from Iran. Russia has no such issues with range and logistics to support the attack over a distance like Iran would face.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:16 AM
link   
Wars may be called upon by the 'leaders', BUT STILL, it is the People - you and me that fight those wars.

If you and I, whom are only fellow human brothers or sisters, with many differences in life but do share common hopes and aspirations, REFUSE to push the button or pull the trigger, there can be no wars.

However, way long before that decision is made to go to war, it still the People's permission - you and I, no matter what deception or distractions they may try to heap along the way. You and I must then critically anaylse EVERY data possible, ask for more if necessary, before committing to war.

If even there is a slight doubt, you and I must seek for further diplomacy, compromises or other solutions than the outright call to arms. That call can only be used IF we are being attacked, and NEVER be the ones to attack others.

Words falling on deaf ears or not, it still must be said, for the People - civilised society, are our last hope.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
reply to post by Corruption Exposed

Russia never backs Iran against US and Israel.

I have been following Russian policy with Iran. They are "followers of the wind".

After it was clear that accusation against Iran was not true and won't have a consequence , about one week after the threats , they decided to call it a "mistake".

It is just a game they are playing to get as much near to Iran and then get more bribes from Iranian govt.

I think that they feel that they have been neglected much and they are trying to look "active" in their policy.

edit on 7/11/11 by hmdphantom because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:22 AM
link   
This is unacceptable. The American people do not want war. When the time comes congress needs to grow a backbone and say no. There is no bribe, payoff or perk worth a 3rd world war. I dont care how corrupt they are.

+22 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by e11888
This is unacceptable. The American people do not want war. When the time comes congress needs to grow a backbone and say no. There is no bribe, payoff or perk worth a 3rd world war. I dont care how corrupt they are.

The Uk citizens don't want a war and neither do the Iranian citizens and I'm guessing neither do the Russians, Israeli's or any other citizens.

Maybe the citizens of each country should go to war against their governments and strip those war-mongers of power?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Frighten the War Hawks away? Whats Russia going to do ... attack Israel? lol

You forget , we all have nukes and it will be a un winnable war. There is nothing to Frighten.

I personally want War with Iran , they need to be taken care of while they have limited power , their government is a loose cannon.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:30 AM
link   
At the end of the day, if Russia or anybody else stands up for Iran, that means they are OK with Iran having Nukes!

After all, that's what they are developing and that is why we are told they must be stopped, by Military Force if necessary.

So these Countries that are helping / support Iran must also be OK with them supplying a lot of Terrorists with weapons too then. You know, Hamas in Gaza and Lebanon. That's where all these rockets are coming from, the one's that kill people in Israel.

So just what the hell are Russia and China thinking?

Or do they only care about the Sales of such weapons to Iran, money and greed?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:31 AM
link   
reply to post by minkey53

Very well put! Very well put indeed. Iran must be dealt with , and Israel can deal with them quickly.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:32 AM
link   
for an attack on iran they need to be assure that other islamitic land won't interfear.....
egypt /tunis and lybia are neutralised now.....
only jemen and syria is the waiting for... as soon there nations are brought to the sides of the us and israel..
the gate to iran is open....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
reply to post by mr-lizard

The citizens of the world unite?

well maybe if x factor isn't on that night.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
...to attack Iran is suicidal mission for the west. to attack Iran means to attack interests of Russia and China in the same time ... uh, it smells like some one is really planing to reduce world population...
edit on 7-11-2011 by ZakOlongapo because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
didn't Russia also warn us about going into Afghanistan?

We saw how that's turning out.....

+9 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by minkey53
At the end of the day, if Russia or anybody else stands up for Iran, that means they are OK with Iran having Nukes!

After all, that's what they are developing and that is why we are told they must be stopped, by Military Force if necessary.

So these Countries that are helping / support Iran must also be OK with them supplying a lot of Terrorists with weapons too then. You know, Hamas in Gaza and Lebanon. That's where all these rockets are coming from, the one's that kill people in Israel.

So just what the hell are Russia and China thinking?

Or do they only care about the Sales of such weapons to Iran, money and greed?

Iran doesnt even have a capable airforce. Iran cant even produce enough fuel to sustain itself. Iran is of absolutely no threat to the United States or for that matter Israel. Even if Iran was stupid enough to launch a nuke at Israel they would be blown off the map within hours if not minutes. Why on earth would Iran want its own destruction? Please, use the brain God put into your head.

The idea that we need to start yet another war and with it the possiblity of a world war just to stop some idiots in the sand from making a bomb is beyond stupidity. It defies all rational logic. The Soviets and the Chinese had nucular weapons ready to fire them and we didnt attack them did we? No because pointless war and pointless bloodshed make absolutely no sense.

The only time you should go to war is if you are being attacked. The United States hasnt been attacked since 2001 and the man they said did it is dead. Explain to me the reason were bankrupting our economy to fight meaningless wars? The terrorist are hiding everywhere huh?!

Unreal how brainwashed people can be. STOP WATCHING FAUX NEWS!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by milkyway12

Frighten the War Hawks away? Whats Russia going to do ... attack Israel? lol

You forget , we all have nukes and it will be a un winnable war. There is nothing to Frighten.

I personally want War with Iran , they need to be taken care of while they have limited power , their government is a loose cannon.
edit on 04/30/2011 by milkyway12 because: (no reason given)

And i personally want war with the USA. They need to be taken care of...if anyone is a liability in causing the death of billions it is the blood thirsty, oil mad, power freaks of the USA!

Roll on a war with Iran, because if it puts the US in its place and makes this world a better place i'm all for it.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join