It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

OWS from a different perspective

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
Its funny. When I first joined ATS, I finally felt like I had come to a place where there were a lot of people like me that thought there was something seriously wrong with the world. Like lots of people on here, I came to learn about just how blatantly corrupt society has become, and how, in a way, we are completely stunting our own growth as a species. Our focus needs to shift from such an individual perspective to a global perspective. I'm not saying don't be self dependent, that's not at all what I"m saying. What am I'm saying is realize that you are bigger than yourself. Right now, in my opinion, one human is no bigger or smaller than the rest of the human race. Not because of his/her job, the way he/she speaks, his/her religion, what he/she decides to do in the privacy of their house. Not because they disagree with me, and are there for inferior/superior to me in any way. But because we are all in this together. That's right. You, me, those of differing political sides, those of different religions, those who have sex with people you wouldn't, your neighbor, the bankers, the politicians, the jihadists, the whites, the blacks, the reds, the yellows, the browns, the young the old, the couples in love, and the loners inside, etc. We are all on this magnificent journey of life, and if we could only get by the perceived differences in our mind and learn that its okay to disagree. Disagreement can benefit as much as an agreement but in a more unique way. If you want a disagreement to be positive, instead of duking out the side you're on till you're red faced and out of breath, try and come to a consensus. Take the best of both. If you can't, or you just need some time to think out, a little cooperation couldn't hurt. This is leads me to OWS.

I know there are quite a few people on ATS that are against the protest, and I can see why. However, I find that most of the people on ats try and continuously paint the whole movement with one brush. You can if you want, but I would suggest taking a second look at the motto of this site. When I went to Occupy Toronto on the first day, I was thoroughly shocked. A lot more people had turned out than I had expected. They always say this is a leftist, marxist, communist, rapist. And I do understand that these should raise some flags, but at the same time is it not possible that these people who happen to be on the other side of the political spectrum than you happened to have been screwed over just as much as anyone else out there protesting the very real problems that have barely started. The reason why I think most people don't want to join OWS is cause they're too comfortable where they are. The problems haven't hit them yet, therefore there is no problem. They're calling the protester's lazy, but they're the ones sitting back and enjoying the "freedom". If the people on this site spent as much time at the protests trying to help as they did bashing it, it would be easier to achieve something. Everyone's saying what will it achieve, what will it achieve? Nothing if you just sit behind a computer criticizing it everyday.

If anything, in my eyes, OWS represents a chance for humanity to unite, not in the NWO way, but in a unified, faimly like way. Don't you find it funny that you and all those dirty drum beating hippies, leftist, marxist, communist, rapist, naive punks share a common enemy? Don't you find it funny that no one has been arrested for the '08 recession, yet if it had been committed by you or I, the feds woulda been busting down you're down the second they found out? If all you're going to do is focus on the negative aspects of the protest, that's all your going to see. And it's sad, cause you're missing some of the most beautiful displays of human connectivity.

PS, standing in OWS was almost like being physically at ATS. Its nice to see someone else who knows about the blatant corruption face to face than over a forum don't you think?
edit on 7-11-2011 by SpreadLoveNotHate because: Hit Enter too early

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Just giving it a bump cause I hit enter too early

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:07 AM
link   
I might be inclined to agree with you if I could find a unified message in all of this OWS stuff. My local OWS is protesting everything from marijuana legalization to wealth redistribution. They are even arguing among themselves about their views and focus.

In an ideal world, this would be an amazing way for folks to air their common grievances as a unified and passionate force for peaceful and positive change.

Clearly, this is not an ideal world.

The hate and negative energy emanating from these people bothers me greatly.
edit on 11/7/2011 by ottobot because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:21 AM
link   
OWS here in OHIO has pretty much divided itself into, well...nothing.

It has for the most part, ceased to exist as a entity. Totally powerless and insignificant.

If you aren't left in your thinking here...you ain't welcome. And they make that abundantly clear.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:36 AM
link   
PP, I feel your pain.

Another thing I've noticed: People seem to be using OWS as a status symbol.

Random Person says, "While I was at OWS earlier today, I..." - Posted at 4:34pm from my iPhone.

I don't get it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
The fact that OWS is crumbling does not change the situation at all, we are all aware of the criminals and their global fraud, if anything we should be protesting someone be held responsible. Imagine no one went to work because Everyone demanded the people who caused this reckless loaning to happen in the first place. This scandal just proves how the banks have taken control over the financial and polictical aspects of society.

Should we make an ATS "We The People" and try and come to a consensus on what changes we could make to better the situation, there are tons of people that shoot out ideas but only some get discussed. Thoughts?

new topics

top topics

join