It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes of OWS by Category

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
hookers walk a particular strip then everyone who drives down that strip is searching for hookers or because Gay men meet at a certain park to have anonymous sex with strangers then everyone using that park is there for that purpose.

Sure BLAME all the crack smoking ON THE HOMELESS

and gay people.....

You call my post logic fail!!

Just admit it, the OCCU Pie protesters were
smoking crack!!!!

Don't blame it on the homeless and gay people
that is crazy!!

edit on 7-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

It's just an attempt from the OP to discredit the OWS GLOBAL movements.
They have been doing it from the start and like most MSM outlets and other detractors, are now getting desperate, so desperate in fact as to try and blame this movement for crimes that individuals perpetrate on other individuals.

Like any event or gathering, there are opportunistic individuals who will take advantage of others and rob and cheat and rape and all manner of other things.

To try and say somehow that a "Handout mentality" leads to rape....is just sick.

I have to say OP, you have been doing this from almost day 1....

Your posts are disgusting, your motive clear and your BS and propaganda extremely disturbing yet entirely see through.

Why don't you move on, why don't you channel this fervent energy into a worthwhile cause?

Like these people are doing... you know, the very people you constantly demonize and vilify and "lump together" and talk absolute crap about?

Yeah.... thought not.

edit on 7/11/11 by blupblup because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:27 PM
link   
A very interesting article passed my way...

Staring Down a Rogue Bus: An Introduction to ‘Crowd Control’

www.wired.com...

By all means read the entire thing (it's not too long) because it highlights what many are contending with here....

Think about that Wednesday in Oakland. In the afternoon, a giant, peaceful crowd of people — including my family and me — marched from downtown Oakland to the city’s port. The mood was relaxed, convivial, almost carnivalesque.

But later that night, a group that couldn’t have been more than a few hundred people broke windows downtown, spray-painted walls, and fought with police. They were tear-gassed, and scores were arrested.

How should we talk about that day’s events? Was it the same event — a single protest that “turned” violent? Or was it two separate events, a peaceful one and a violent one? And, more important: Was it the same crowd?

Protest and civil dissent will always be maligned.. it will always be subject to the negative factors even without agent provocateurs, because people carry the vulnerability with them - especially in large groups -.... don't believe me... you should check out the crime stats for Disney World.... not very different at all....

edit on 7-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
All isolated incidents folks.

Nothing to see here.

Criminal activity is non-existent at OWS events.

It's all a lie by the media, and especially "rape victims".

You have two credible links(three if You count someone that actually committed a crime that they didn't know they were committing) out of Your first nine links.

Your sources are only correct 33% of the time. Sorry but with a 33% accuracy on YOUR part I cannot accept Your view of the prevalence of crime in/at Occupy.

I would of much rather You checked Your own facts before making Your original post then I would've (most likely) never had a point to disagree on.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:32 PM
link   

And which ones are they?

Are you saying sexual assault has NOT happened? Or that the allegation are false? Or even better, the victims and witnesses are lying?
edit on 7-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:37 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Tosses some gas on the fire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

it is the responsibility of the OP the poster of said claims do verify their truth or veracity. not that of the reader.

It's the responsibility of the reader to read the material before passing judgement too. But as of yet I have not seen anyone actually read and internalize any of what I've posted.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

hookers walk a particular strip then everyone who drives down that strip is searching for hookers or because Gay men meet at a certain park to have anonymous sex with strangers then everyone using that park is there for that purpose.

Sure BLAME IT ON THE HOMELESS

and gay people.....

You call my post logic fail!!

edit on 7-11-2011 by popsmayhem because: (no reason given)

I never blamed anything on Gays.

I have a large park near me that has through out the years had problems with homeless,drug dealing,rape,robbery etc.. ( maybe even a murder or two). If an occupy movement were to actually occupy this park then the crimes couldn't be contributed to Occupy it would just be a continuance of what already existed for the last twenty years!(but I'm sure people on this board would twist it so that it was Occupies fault.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by OutKast Searcher

proj...these are just individual isolated events.

I keep telling OWS supporters...all these "isolated" events add up to define the whole...but they continue to try to defend this behavior.

Nice job in compiling that list...it really shows how many issues there have been with this movement.

Shhhh! You'll be accused of being a right wing propagandist..

Even though I'm the guy who called you a poster child for the progressive left

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:44 PM
link   
reply to post by Kali74

Interesting, so the left wing media is wrong about the TPM but the right wing media is right about Occupy?

When it comes to blaming the TPM for what happened to Gabby Giffords? You bet.

Not everything I posted came from what many would term the right wing media either.

Unless local CBS affiliates and other local news sites are considered right wing by you.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:46 PM
link   

And which ones are they?

Are you saying sexual assault has NOT happened? Or that the allegation are false? Or even better, the victims and witnesses are lying?
edit on 7-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

I went and read your (first nine) links and responded about them in this post.

I am not saying sexual assault hasn't happened at all and I AM saying that some(at least one) of Your links are meerly allegations. And at least one was attributed to Occupy that had nothing to do with Occupy other than the person in question may(or may not)have been there at one time in the week prior.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   

I never blamed anything on Gays.

I have a large park near me that has through out the years had problems with homeless,drug dealing,rape,robbery etc.. ( maybe even a murder or two). If an occupy movement were to actually occupy this park then the crimes couldn't be contributed to Occupy it would just be a continuance of what already existed for the last twenty years!(but I'm sure people on this board would twist it so that it was Occupies fault.

I was thinking the same thing about the area I live in.

*several well known crack or whatever houses within a couple block radius
*muggings at the local bus stops daily
*drunks and druggies passed out at the bus stop daily
*local prostitute positioned at her daily corner
*people stopping to talk to the local prostitute - even blocking traffic on a busy street to do so
*people napping behind the dumpters
*etc................

( To the OP of this thread) I don't know where you get that most the people at these occupy events are all criminals, and bad types. I was just out for a walk a little while ago and the usual cast of bad characters in my neighborhood all still seem to be present and accounted for.

That should make the people at these events feel, oh, so much safer!
edit on 7-11-2011 by supine because: clarify

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't know how you can expect to change anybody's mind or enlighten folk on ATS or otherwise, with such a condescending, obstructive and dismissive attitude.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.

People who are in the bag for OWS will be in the bag for OWS even if they start shoving down republican grandmas.

It is clear to me you didn't read the sources. What am I to defend if you don't know what to attack(figuratively not literally).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:58 PM
link   

reply to post by tothetenthpower

I don't know how you can expect to change anybody's mind or enlighten folk on ATS or otherwise, with such a condescending, obstructive and dismissive attitude.

I'm not trying to change anyone's mind.

People who are in the bag for OWS will be in the bag for OWS even if they start shoving down republican grandmas.

It is clear to me you didn't read the sources. What am I to defend if you don't know what to attack(figuratively not literally).

Here is the thread on it!! www.abovetopsecret.com...

These occu pie protesters are sick

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:03 PM
link   

The article paints the WHOLE generation not just occupy in this light.

I'm in this generation and I happen to agree.

Willing sex! no sexual assault other than the man in question believed the girl about her age and happened to be wrong.( please do not single this post to debate. because I DO NOT advocate sex with minors)

You don't advocate sex with minors and yet you are going to argue on the merits of willingness even though this is considered statutory rape?

I'll give You the assault but not the indifference that You Imply all Occupiers have towards the victims.

I never implied such a thing. However there have been efforts by OWS organizers around the country to cover up crimes of this nature to protect the movement from scrutiny.

This an alleged assault told to the reporter by someone that heard it from someone else. WTH really? this is credible enough to use as Your "proof"?

It's an open investigation. I'm not the one investigating, perhaps calling the police and asking for details will help?

5) Is an article from The New York Post and as can be clearly seen at this link they don't amount to much more than the National enquirer to me with their sensationalism and bias.

Ok..So it's a source you don't like so the allegations must be a lie

6) I feel for this woman and am upset the crowd wouldn't help her find the perpetrator.

Indeed.

7) Another story from the biased Rag The New York post.

See number 5.

This guy was not arrested at nor did his crimes happen at Occupy Seattle. He was said to have been taking part in the protests but of course people that get off by exposing themselves would tend to gravitate towards a large crowd.

No argument there.

9) This is the exact same case as in link 2 so isn't even worth going into because You doubled up on Your stories to make it seem like there were more incidents than there really are.

I did no such thing.

Probably just made a mistake.

Sorry but You're going to have to come up with some better evidence than what You have provided in Your first 9 links before I even consider reading anymore of the links to sensationalism and fear mongering that occurs in Your OP.

"Fear mongering" is crap people use as an excuse to stick their heads in the sand about things they don't like to hear. Especially around ATS.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by DrumsRfun

Tosses some gas on the fire.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Yeah I saw that one earlier.

The kid that did it got yelled at. I would have twisted that kid up until the cops got him.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:09 PM
link   
Hmm, there is crime at the ows movements so we should shut them down. The same crimes are committed by the police everyday so they should be shut down. The same crimes are committed by our government and all other governments so they should be shut down. The same crimes happen in the churches so they should be shut down.... Upon further reflection, I think I am starting to agree with you logic and I think you should spearhead the problems for us and eliminate all the bodies that don't self-regulate this from their own populations.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:10 PM
link   

Explanation: NO!

Here is why ....

1stly you linked who is supporting the Occupy movement and not the Occupy Ideaology itself!

Again you are going after the messengers and not after the MESSAGE!

Show me explicitly where in the Occupy Ideaology that they advocate commiting criminal activities on the level of a felony ok!

2ndly the link you supplied was BIASED and I only had to scroll down the comments a short way before I came across this counter post ...

Baasil
Pretty obviously skewed list of who’s contributing… It excludes some of the earliest and most vocal of supporters.

Michael Moore?
current.com...

Ron Paul?
www.examiner.com...

A slew of unions (USW, NY Transit, IWW).
www.globalpost.com...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.iww.org...

That was obviously purposeful.

And a few more….

global.christianpost.com...
www.rawstory.com...
www.businessinsider.com...
www.benjerry.com...
www.globalpost.com...
www.washingtonsblog.com...
cpc.grijalva.house.gov...,61&itemid=429

People aren’t THAT dumb… Calling this “Official” is absurd, this is a conservative/libertarian fringe news blog, nothing in any way associated with OWS, and is actually quite opposed to it. So you are either joking, or just have that low of an opinion of your readers.

October 31, 2011 - 6:20 pm

Its called CHERRY PICKING!

Personal Disclosure: Uhmmm?

So, what IS the message being sent by OWS?

If you don't know then how the hell can you be so sure about this?
[yes I know you were being rhetorical on what you had just posted and I decided to be a pain in your post ok!
]

Mind you, if you utilize the ATS search function, then OL is very sure that you will find your own answers!

You may need to come down from your cherry picker and smell the BS lying all around this thread ok!

P.S.
I do NOT support the Occupy Movement!

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join