It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes of OWS by Category

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:43 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer
so that means with your logic... that ALL tea partiers are unstable, gun toting criminals bent on killing everyone they view as a threat...since Jared Loughner has ties to the tea party.

painting an entire movement of 10s of thousands, worldwide, because of a couple of handfuls of criminals is the blind leading the naked.

Please provide the list of crimes that occurred during Tea Party Rallies.

I can't wait to see it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by CaDreamer

Originally posted by RealAmericanPatriot
reply to post by CaDreamer

Jared Loughner WAS A DEMOCRAT... He VOTED for the woman he shot! And he did it because she wasn't liberal enough for him... He even worked for her campaign! How can so many people not know this???

doesnt matter his affiliation, the OP has made it clear...it happened at a Tea Party event so it must be representative of the Tea Party, to say otherwise throws major doubt into the mix as to the OP statement that these crimes represent the OWS movement since it happened at OWS events.

The event was a Rally for Giffords and the Judge, not a Tea Party rally.

edit on 7-11-2011 by macman because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

Dear Tenth,

I agree completely. Just as a thought, instead of using the veterans as a first line to confront the police, would they make a good security team?

I'd hate to think that the OWS' ideas won't be discussed because of image problems.

With respect,
Charles1952

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:56 AM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

proj...these are just individual isolated events.

I keep telling OWS supporters...all these "isolated" events add up to define the whole...but they continue to try to defend this behavior.

Nice job in compiling that list...it really shows how many issues there have been with this movement.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
What i find disturbing is the number of people dismissing these acts and the sheer number of them OWS represents the clear double standard that so many people have and would never have let the TPM get away with.

Guess the means to justify the end for them all in the name of a movement hell a 14 year old girl was raped.

Meh

edit on 7-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by neo96

Guess the means to justify the end for them all in the name of a movement hell a 14 year old girl was raped.

Meh

edit on 7-11-2011 by neo96 because: (no reason given)

It's horrible when anybody is subjected to rape. It happens quite often, and a lot of the time not even reported.

What I don't understand is how you can assume the responsibility for this crime on a movement in general. Where were the parents of this girl when this happened?

Sometimes the reason for a crime like this begins at home. In no way would I ever allow a 14 year old child of mine to be participating in something like this, unless they were standing right by my side.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:46 PM
link   
Instead of getting angry at these buffoons, I think I'll just start laughing.

Now, Someone please tell me what OWS is all about again. I still can't figure out what they want.
Especially after this.. I give you Occupy Burger King

Damn greedy Burger King. I knew the fact the King ran the place would one day lead to this. I think these people just want a free Whopper. Ha Ha Ha...
edit on 7-11-2011 by jibeho because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Links in Your OP

1)

That's the skewed worldview of the millenial generation: everyone gets to be a victim, even the rapist.

The article paints the WHOLE generation not just occupy in this light.

2)

She initially told officers that she had sex with a man in his early twenties and had engaged in sexual activity with several other people.

Some members of the group told CBS 11 the girl identified herself as a 19-year-old and never knew she was 14.

Willing sex! no sexual assault other than the man in question believed the girl about her age and happened to be wrong.( please do not single this post to debate. because I DO NOT advocate sex with minors)

3)

Members of Occupy Glasgow are working with police and other agencies to help with the investigation and to improve safety measures for those involved in the protest.

I'll give You the assault but not the indifference that You Imply all Occupiers have towards the victims.

4)

Both investigations are still open and Martin could not confirm any more details about the alleged battery or sexual assault.

This an alleged assault told to the reporter by someone that heard it from someone else. WTH really? this is credible enough to use as Your "proof"?

5) Is an article from The New York Post and as can be clearly seen at this link they don't amount to much more than the National enquirer to me with their sensationalism and bias.

6) I feel for this woman and am upset the crowd wouldn't help her find the perpetrator.

7) Another story from the biased Rag The New York post.

8)

The man is accused of exposing himself three times on Sept. 29 -- once in Crown Hill, once near Alki Beach, and a third time on Capitol Hill. Three days later, he was spotted at Pinehurst Playfield near Northgate, and then again on Oct. 3 at the Lakeside soccer field in North Seattle.

This guy was not arrested at nor did his crimes happen at Occupy Seattle. He was said to have been taking part in the protests but of course people that get off by exposing themselves would tend to gravitate towards a large crowd.

9) This is the exact same case as in link 2 so isn't even worth going into because You doubled up on Your stories to make it seem like there were more incidents than there really are.

So You have doubled up stories, biased national enquirer esque stories, a couple "alleged" assaults that You're basing on 3rd hand information. a story that didn't involve Occupy at all other than the perpetrator may(or may not) have been there on one particular day in his life.

Sorry but You're going to have to come up with some better evidence than what You have provided in Your first 9 links before I even consider reading anymore of the links to sensationalism and fear mongering that occurs in Your OP.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Going further downhill in Boston

Three people arrested Thursday night inside the Occupy Boston camp have been charged with dealing crack coc aine.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens, who spent the night at the camp a few weeks ago, talked to a man who spends most nights at Occupy Boston. He said things have gone downhill.

“Things have changed drastically. It seems to be deteriorating,” the man told Carl. “A lot of drug use, alcohol use, people getting into fights… It’s deteriorating pretty quick.”

boston.cbslocal.com...

Apparently, the police are concerned that these camps are also attracted people recently released from prison who are in search of food and shelter. So, pick up a sign, grab a sandwich and light up a crack pipe.... It does not matter to Occupy because its just another warm body in the camp to hold a sign..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:00 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So people that have been released from prison (paid their debt to society for their crimes) have no right to seek food and shelter? The arguments keep getting weaker and weaker.

get caught with a minor amount of drugs and stay in prison for the rest of Your life because we refuse to allow You to seek food and shelter in our society? Pfft that's ridiculous thinking.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Adamanteus
reply to post by jibeho

So people that have been released from prison (paid their debt to society for their crimes) have no right to seek food and shelter? The arguments keep getting weaker and weaker.

get caught with a minor amount of drugs and stay in prison for the rest of Your life because we refuse to allow You to seek food and shelter in our society? Pfft that's ridiculous thinking.

Nice Jump!! How in the world did you get that from what I just wrote. I never said that these people had no right to seek food and shelter. Nice try!! The police actually mad the statement as to the possibility of these recently released prisoners infiltrating these camps looking for a variety of opportunities.

Thanks for your ridiculous assumption. Keep trying....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:14 PM
link   
Isn't it amazing what the press can do?

First, they ignore, then they misrepresent, then they sensationalize... it's a marvelous example of what corporate media is capable of... when they are all on the same side.

The list of incidents presented reminds me of the litany of "offenses" at Woodstock... and the less subtle claims made about the Civil-Rights movement and her supprters. But of course, they know that no one will consider it corporate McCarthyism if they want to avoid seeming 'sympathetic' to these apparently well organized anarchists who have the undeniable gall to claim that "something ain't right" in a world where corporations write laws, influence politics, control law enforcement, start wars, profit from famine, and demand obedience to their paradigms of social engineering.

I don't mind it much though.... especially since these are the same reporters whose idea of journalism is to take a paper authored by someone else, and call it "news." After all, the OWS-style activism going on in the world today clearly frightens them... and we know what these types do when they are frightened.... they spread the fear.

I recently heard about some beloved sports coach getting nailed for pedophilia after 10 years or so of it being "observed" adding that to the steroids, illegal gambling, party-rape crimes, winning and losing riots, brawls, and other grotesqueries... you would think they would defame all sports fans and participants as thugs, criminals and degenerates.... but they don't.... can you guess why?
edit on 7-11-2011 by Maxmars because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
reply to post by jibeho

So, pick up a sign, grab a sandwich and light up a crack pipe.... It does not matter to Occupy because its just another warm body in the camp to hold a sign..

I garnered that from this part of Your post. You are implyig that Occupy doesn't care about accepting EX prisoners because they will just use them to hold signs and bolster their cause.

I know You didn't say it outright but it is clear that EX prisoners are someone to be looked down upon in Your eyes.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jibeho

Three people arrested Thursday night inside the Occupy Boston camp have been charged with dealing crack coc aine.

WBZ NewsRadio 1030’s Carl Stevens, who spent the night at the camp a few weeks ago, talked to a man who spends most nights at Occupy Boston. He said things have gone downhill.

“Things have changed drastically. It seems to be deteriorating,” the man told Carl. “A lot of drug use, alcohol use, people getting into fights… It’s deteriorating pretty quick.”

boston.cbslocal.com...

Apparently, the police are concerned that these camps are also attracted people recently released from prison who are in search of food and shelter. So, pick up a sign, grab a sandwich and light up a crack pipe.... It does not matter to Occupy because its just another warm body in the camp to hold a sign..

Why were crack dealers there?

Because there were occu pie protesters to be served.

Never would of been there if the protesters were not smoking
crack!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by popsmayhem

Originally posted by jibeho

boston.cbslocal.com...

Why were crack dealers there?

Because there were occu pie protesters to be served.

Never would of been there if the protesters were not smoking
crack!!

Nice jump to a conclusion. I don't know about Boston's park but I am aware that zucotti park had a homeless population long before Occupy ever arrived( is it possible some of these people are homeless due to being drug addicts?) So maybe the drug scene was already established and the crack dealers were using the crowds as cover(and of course hoping to pick up a new client or two.)

Your logic fails just as if You were saying because hookers walk a particular strip then everyone who drives down that strip is searching for hookers or because Gay men meet at a certain park to have anonymous sex with strangers then everyone using that park is there for that purpose.

please People. I thought we were here to "deny ignorance"

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:55 PM
link   
Intelligent people no longer trust the corporate media to present the truth, and they understand that just because a person on a site says something that actually doesn't make it true. These people visit a protest for themselves and actually talk to the protesters. They watch the live feeds. They read the blogs by those who visit and take part. They don't blindly trust some random site with obvious political agendas.

All of those intelligent people see through all the right-wing propaganda and media manipulation and see it for what it is. And these intelligent people also recognize the propagandists when they see them too, and they point and laugh.

------->

That was me pointing and laughing.

But then again...you obviously agree with anything that a propagandizing left web site ran by someone on their PJ is oh so obviously telling the truth.

Just because you like they way they write. HHHmmmm

This is me just giving you the finger. Your bias is not even funny enough to laugh at.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:09 PM
link   
All isolated incidents folks.

Nothing to see here.

Criminal activity is non-existent at OWS events.

It's all a lie by the media, and especially "rape victims".

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Explanation: The Crimes [they happened didn't they?
] ARE isolated from the Occupy IDEAOLOGY!

Don't confuse the messangers for the message OK!

Personal Disclosure: And I really would like an answer to the questions posed in my post. Thanks!

Additionally, I wonder if you view ATS the same as you view Occupy Movement?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn

I think if you put equal effort into a topic called "Crimes of Government by Category" you might find yourself writing for years!

I guess it is much easier to smear the people who are trying to do something about it rather than fight the good fight

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by projectvxn
All isolated incidents folks.

Nothing to see here.

It's all a lie by the media, and especially "rape victims".

Nobody is disagreeing that crimes are happening at these protests.

They happen everywhere else too, so by your logic we should all just avoid the entire planet!

top topics

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join