It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes of OWS by Category

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by LiberLegit

Originally posted by L00kingGlass

You all are still missing the point at the crux of this issue.. THESE PEOPLE. ATTACKED. THEIR LOCAL WHOLE FOODS. In NINJA. SUITS. nonetheless. How pathetic, and completely cowardly. I need to start an #OccupyWholeFoods movement which provides security for these Oakland morons. If I saw somebody attacking my local Whole Foods in ninja suits, I would exercise my 2nd amendment rights and start putting holes in them. Nobody touches my healthy food establishment. The store practically represents everything those hippy nut-wings stand for. This movement has lost all credibility. Congratulations Oakland, you ruined an entire movement. We hate your local OWS movement almost as much as we hate your football fans.

Go tell them about the globalists and how to fight them correctly, rather than wasting time finding reasons to marginalize them.
edit on 7-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

We created these giant conglomerates, now we are lashing out at them?

Small business is better for capitalism in my humble opinion.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Unknown Soldier

You all are still missing the point at the crux of this issue. THESE PEOPLE. ATTACKED. THEIR LOCAL WHOLE FOODS. In NINJA. SUITS. How pathetic, and completely cowardly. I need to start an #OccupyWholeFoods movement which provides security for these Oakland morons. If I saw somebody attacking my local Whole Foods in ninja suits, I would exercise my 2nd amendment rights and start putting holes in them. Nobody touches my healthy food establishment. The store practically represents everything those hippy nut-wings stand for. This movement has lost all credibility. Congratulations Oakland, you ruined an entire movement. We hate your local OWS movement almost as much as we hate your football fans.
edit on 7-11-2011 by LiberLegit because: (no reason given)

They do not represent what OWS is about and for all we know they were goaded in to it by provocateurs. OK for instance a hand full of soldiers or more commit war crimes in Iraq "acting on their own accord" and then the entire Military as well as the US gets flack for it yet had no part in this. Now all the soldiers are being called murderers and thieves ect. Is this fair to the soldiers? Ummm NO! Same goes for the police, if a few cops abuse their authority and for instance shoot a marine in the face with a rubber bullet and as well as hospitalize another Soldier during the protest does this mean all police are thugs? NO! The so called OWS activists who commit crimes should be prosecuted for their actions as well as the police abusing Protesters be held accountable just like the Soldiers at Abu Ghraib prison!

AS WELL AS THOSE BANKERS THAT EXTORTED BILLIONS FROM THE PEOPLE!

One kid in the class room shoots a spit wad so the entire class has to stay after school: This line of thinking the actions of the few represent the many is a logical fallacy! The OWS haters are trying to paint a completely different picture of OWS then what it is, distorting reality. We are a non violent peaceful protest !

It does not take a rocket scientist to understand this concept

edit on 7-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

You make a sound argument, and I do see the logic in it. But i'm sorry, I can't condone a movement that has ANYBODY attacking a Whole Foods. They have a great sushi section and their wraps are to die for.

I watched some youtube videos and attended my local OWS. It looks like the movement has definitely been hijacked by a lot of other groups. Will the real OWS please stand up? will the real people in this movement speak out against the vandals, etc. I'm assuming they already have right?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by L00kingGlass

I'm sorry, L00kingGlass, I might have phrased my question poorly. About 1/3 of Americans say they don't know enough about OWS after two months, to decide whether they like them or not. I'm not sure people are talking about it. Facebook and Twitter and ATS have people talking.

My question was what happens after OWS is everywhere in the country? Assuming the things in my post above and that the proportion of demonstrators to protestors stays the same.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   
OWS people are totally brainwashed. If the situation were reversed and it has been, 1 guy out of a million would be lumped into the tea party even if it was false info. Jared Loughner was a democrat but everyone believes he was tea party. A guy got hung on a tree, and it was blamed, but it was suicide. One guy spits at a congressman and they are all lumped together, and that one was not proven at all. How many people were arrested OWS vs TP? Doesn't matter... Here is what a typical anti-OWS thread looks like:

Anti-OWS: Ok, here is proof, videos pictures, signs, news reports. You can see anti-semitism in videos, you see loads of people attacking police, see see crime reports, people being interviewed talking about rape, vandalism, obvious drug-use. Google it. All in video, you can see it for yourself with your own eyes!!! Arrgg!!

Pro-OWS-incredulous: Oh c'mon man, that's like only a few people, gimme a break. Pwnd!!

Pro-OWS-redirection: Oh ya, how many people did the US kill in all their wars?? Pwnd!!

Pro-OWS-conspiracy: Your just a shill for the right-wing. You must be psy-ops! Pwnd!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:41 PM
link   
reply to post by LiberLegit

Wait, you are upset because they have great sushi? Presumably you think that McDonalds is regularly attacked in protests of this kind because they serve fast food? Or if Starbuck is sometimes attacked its because they serve bad, overpriced coffee???

The wages of the staff, the corporate (ir)responsiblity of the company, the negative effect on the environment, the way that small farmers are forced out of business, the company policies on intensive farming in the US and foreign countries. Let not think about that!

I'm not condoning attacks on Whole Foods, I don't support it. But I do condemn ignorance that states that a place is above criticism because it sells something tasty...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

You all are still missing the point at the crux of this issue.. THESE PEOPLE. ATTACKED. THEIR LOCAL WHOLE FOODS. In NINJA. SUITS. nonetheless. How pathetic, and completely cowardly. I need to start an #OccupyWholeFoods movement which provides security for these Oakland morons. If I saw somebody attacking my local Whole Foods in ninja suits, I would exercise my 2nd amendment rights and start putting holes in them. Nobody touches my healthy food establishment. The store practically represents everything those hippy nut-wings stand for. This movement has lost all credibility. Congratulations Oakland, you ruined an entire movement. We hate your local OWS movement almost as much as we hate your football fans.

Go tell them about the globalists and how to fight them correctly, rather than wasting time finding reasons to marginalize them.
edit on 7-11-2011 by L00kingGlass because: (no reason given)

We created these giant conglomerates, now we are lashing out at them?

Small business is better for capitalism in my humble opinion.

Exactly. So stop using the corporations, and start supporting local establishments. We don't do that though. The 1% doesn't and the 99% doesn't either.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Here's a genius way to fight them. Put down your signs, take off your masks, stop buying the latest laptop, registering for the latest social media website, buying the latest smart phone, and using big name banks. We created these giant conglomerates, now we are lashing out at them? Come on. We are the ones to blame, just to arrogant and ego-blown to admit it - especially the people at the OWS protests. Always looking for somebody to blame. Ceasing to use their services will make them disappear overnight.

Now why would we take off our masks? Why would this make things easier? So in revealing who we are "no longer anonymity" we become susceptible to profiling with facial recognition software hence becoming potential targets. Because of what we do we need them. But it's not just about anonymity the mask means something, it represents who we are we are united by one and divided by zero. Like Catholics wear a crucifix and rosaries it means something to them and represents who they are as far as religion.

So no thanks, we are not going to unmask because that would be stupid. And because the naysayers request it.. they want us on the grid imo. I keep hearing this "take off the masks" from the anti OWS crowd but WHY?

I know why, for instance everyone who posts here is posting in anonymity. There is a reason for that, you are posting anonymously right now. It would be the same as me asking for your name and identity.

The guy fawkes masks get use to them and expect to see a lot more of us ,besides my mask gives me super natural powers that i can not explain

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:53 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

Ohhhhh. You're with anonymous. My bad. I was generally referring to everyone covering their faces really. Show you are an American, you have an identity, and you have a friggen' point to make! None of the people you are fighting hide their identity, they live in the eyes of the public every day. I hope I am never subject to your super powers...they sound scary! haha.

Masks aside, what do you think of the actual point I was trying to make?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by freethinker123

Wait, you are upset because they have great sushi? Presumably you think that McDonalds is regularly attacked in protests of this kind because they serve fast food? Or if Starbuck is sometimes attacked its because they serve bad, overpriced coffee???

The wages of the staff, the corporate (ir)responsiblity of the company, the negative effect on the environment, the way that small farmers are forced out of business, the company policies on intensive farming in the US and foreign countries. Let not think about that!

I'm not condoning attacks on Whole Foods, I don't support it. But I do condemn ignorance that states that a place is above criticism because it sells something tasty...

If the staff doesn't get paid well they can simply just not work there. Everything we do has a negative effect on the environment, so that's a lame argument. They USE small farms for their food.

I would be mad if they attacked my local McDonalds though. Gotta love a good Big Mac. OWS would never attack a Starbuck's, that is like their unofficial social media headquarters. I wish they would though, I hate coffee. Blegh.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Propulsion

Explanation:LMAO and whats your point! Criminals IS Criminals regardless of age!

Oh ok lets do this fairly then!

The USA being old enough to know BETTER should recieve a greater and more devestating punishment than OWS which is but a baby in a temporal sense!

Lets look at just one of the USA's greatest CRIMES!

Forcing Japan to open up to trade by the use of USA Naval Gunboat Diplomacy in the mid 1800's, which then directly led to Pearl Habour being bombed less than 100yrs later [this is why when you go to war you kill everybody over the age of 2yrs old so there isnt anybody old enuff to remember to pass on painful memeories of being pwnd as a culture] which led to the illegal use of nuclear weapons BECAUSE a simple naval blockade would of done exactly the same job i.e. win the [trade] war ... which they had started themselves over 90yrs before!

Now that equates to Genocide! [Millions dead!!!]

Ever hear the term "Accesory after the fact!" .. thats what the current demographic of US citizens are!

Personal Disclosure: There is no statute of limitations on murder!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Ohhhhh. You're with anonymous. My bad. I was generally referring to everyone covering their faces really.

Same thing, he/she who chooses to remain Anonymous has every right to.

Show you are an American, you have an identity, and you have a friggen' point to make!

What mandates showing your face is being an American ? Dissent is the highest form of patriotism, and seeking justice against the criminals that raped Americas pockets is as American as it gets.

We are making a point BIG TIME!

None of the people you are fighting hide their identity, they live in the eyes of the public every day. I hope I am never subject to your super powers...they sound scary! haha.

They don't set an example for us for we oppose them therefore in turn
we are setting an example for them and making a statement. I guess the mask intimidates some people and i like that idea. Maybe they should be scared? Maybe they should wear a paper bag over their heads in shame maybe wear dunce caps?

It would suit them

Masks aside, what do you think of the actual point I was trying to make?

I strongly and respectfully disagree , maybe you will learn this is an important lesson some day?

Maybe not , so you do not support OWS right now that's fine

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:12 PM
link   
This is one of the best neo-con disinfo threads I've read in a long time. The new software that allows one soldier to control 20 online identities at one time is a big improvement over last year.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:15 PM
link   
Go figure, it takes a thread like this, filled with hypocrisy, to finally get me to register after years of lurking...

Okay here are my 2 points:

1) Why should/does OWS get a free pass when everyone else has to pay permit fee's to protest?

2) All you OWS defenders, if you support this movement, and its in, as you claim, 1000's of cities world wide, then why the ^%$% arn't you there? Afraid to camp out with strangers, get robbed, raped, and assaulted? You keyboard warrior are a joke. You defend this 'cause' but wont participate. LOLOLOL you are hypocrites, enjoying your nice warm homes and toilets, showers, and internet.

But who cares, according to ATS posters there is doom every week and TEOTWAWKI, so it's okay it will all end soon

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:24 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBloodNews

I have been to OWS in Chicago and Des Moines. However I also have to work and provide for my family and put food on the table. I still plan to show up in the near future however camping in a tent does not mean I am supporting it any more then showing up and holding a sign like I always do. You can show support in many ways, I bought bottled water and handed out a few cases to very thirsty people. Even combating disinformation on these forums is another way of support. As well as participating in last weekends ops online.

Wall Street? let them eat cake

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Crime at Occupy Wall Street??????

“We don’t tell anyone,” she said. “We handle it internally. I said too much already.”...................Would NOW not consider this a toxic environment for women? A movement where its leaders DISCOURAGE the reporting of rapes and sexual assault? How much longer will NOW remain silent?

NOW Silent on Occupy Wall St Sex Assaults

Is this what "silence is golden" means ??

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Unknown Soldier

You seem intelligent, can you tell me why you aren't 'occupying' the REAL enemy? Maybe you can help direct the OWS masses to the true culprit of our countries demise: the FED! If you guys occupied the fed you would have my complete support, and that of many others. By demonstrating in locations that hold little meaning your hardly focusing your attention on the real enemy of freedom...

EDITED/ADDED: And you realize that 'wallstreet' is staffed by the proles, the real power brokers arn't working on 'the street' busting their hump 50+ hours a week to provide for their families like you. The 'top dogs' are enjoying their pent house and big time corporate office, not feverishly working to get by...Please refocus on the Fed, not fellow Americans. The wallstreet brokers and call agents certainly aren't the '1%'
edit on 7-11-2011 by YoungBloodNews because: Added

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by YoungBloodNews

Explanation: Good Questions! St*rred!

1] In Australia we don't have to pay until we arrested charged found guilty and then fined or incarcerated!

2] Occupy is not my last resort [ie. my nuclear option] and I would spend my time Occupying my kitchen and making grey goo [or varients there of] instead, if I was that desparate to END the current status quo (ie 1% vs 99%)!

Personal Disclosure: It's all ok ... OL may end it soon! Or would you rather I not fix the world once and for all time?
We are in a GLOBAL WAR and the winners write the history books!

I am open to suggestions on how to REMOVE and REPLACE the current broken system because fixing what we have now is not efficient or FAIR minded anymore!

But time is also short and my patience is wearing thin, so think quickly ok!

Edited to add the following tidbit!

You can use the internet to find out how to make grey goo yourself so don't feel disempowered by my seriously credible but completely amoral attitude ok!

edit on 7-11-2011 by OmegaLogos because: Edited to add the edit and to note that living 15mins away from being nuked under the mad doctrine taught me well!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:47 PM
link   
reply to post by tothetenthpower

I think the op is commenting more on what is happening to the movement and how the protesters are dealing with it. For instance there have been many morally questionable acts that are currently illegal and whether you believe they should be illegal or not is not the issue.

Why are they moving toward segregation? Shouldn't a movement like this embrace all of humanity even with all our flaws? Seriously - a women only tent that forced independent protesters out of their pre-claimed space and tents?

What is next? Transgenders displacing the women's tent because it is somehow "wrong" that natural born women should have a tent and the biologically confused want that particular piece of real estate because it is closer to the food line?

What happens when the homosexuals demand the same? And then there are accusations of rape from them after they displace the previously "important" people?

OWS is an inherently confused movement because of its broad and generic nature. Everyone with a beef (or that wants to beef) is going to show up when and if they can.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:12 PM
link   
reply to post by gabbermatt

Great minds think alike. Or you could say that people who actually have eyes and aren't neive, brainwashed puppets see reality.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   
People who commit those crimes are opportunists. They see a situation and take advantage of it. It is my opinion that the people who committed these crimes had bad intentions from the start and are not part of the protest.

They are criminals who are taking advantage of the real protesters. If they weren't committing crimes at the protests they would be committing crimes somewhere else.

You have taken the actions of a few individuals and labeled the whole Occupy movement for them. Shame on you, I call BS and say you're just as crooked as the people who committed the crimes you listed.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16  17  18 >>

join