It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Crimes of OWS by Category

page: 12
<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

That may be true.

But one side clearly has a much different idea of how to do that than I do.

Collectivism is not rooted in American notions of individual liberty, jurisprudence, and notions of republican(as in republic not party) federalism.
edit on 7-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
reply to post by GhettoRice

So after reading this they side with the ideals of the many ideas within the movement, what exactly is so bad about this.

What's wrong with this?

It takes a group of collectivists to know another group of collectivists.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:08 PM
link   
On a side note, aside from a few nutty things here and there.

EVERYONE in this thread has been absolutely wonderful to have a conversation with.

Especially those of you who got pissed at me. Thanks for keeping it classy, however.

I'll update the list as it grows folks.

For now I'm gonna go help the wife with dinner.
edit on 7-11-2011 by projectvxn because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:12 PM
link   
reply to post by projectvxn

Progressives came about from a split in the Republican Party.

Beats me! Democrats were right wingers back then so does that mean Republicans were leftists? I know that conservatives would never like to admit that their party was at one time considered the leftists that they so hate but there has been a definite flip flopping of the ideologies from when these parties first were conceived.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Adamanteus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   

It's always good to stay civil

As for the pike thing I wouldn't expect less from a masonry site, doublespeak strait from the lodge.

. Albert Pike could not go home to Arkansas, however. He was still under indictment for treason by state authorities there, for inciting the Indians to break laws or treaties. So he settled in Memphis, Tennessee, just across the Mississippi River from Arkansas, becoming a newspaper publisher, lawyer--and president of the Tennessee Bar Association. Tennessee blacks got the right to vote in February 1867. Beginning that spring, Albert Pike and a small group of Confederate generals held several meetings in Nashville, at the Maxwell House Hotel, to form the Knights of the Ku Klux Klan. The name was taken from the Greek, [kyklos], meaning ``circle.'' It was no mystery to the pro-Unionists: The Knights of the [Golden] Circle had reappeared. Pike was appointed chief judicial officer of the Invisible Empire. He is said to have written the Klan's military manual and ritual, and was the Klan's expert on secrecy of organization--its secret grips, signs, and passwords. At one of the later Nashville meetings, General Nathan Bedford Forrest was chosen Imperial Wizard of the Klan.

It's an offshoot organization with a "few" using it to further certain issues within a social group, this is no different today with certain groups ( usually religiously motivated) used to destabilize or escalate a situation, for their benefit of course.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Adamanteus

I'm not sure that is true and here is why:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:25 PM
link   

edit on 7-11-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by OrchusGhule

edit on 7-11-2011 by OrchusGhule because: (no reason given)

Actually I thought this was one of the more civil threads regarding this hot issue, did you not read the OP's post a bit up from here?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:37 PM
link   

Weak argument.

You could probably make a similar argument about crowds visiting Disneyland... Just because some bad things happen at a crowded area does not mean all the people there are bad, or their particular ideology is invalid...or anything really. It's simply an example of humanity.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

And every single attack was by some deranged plant courtesy of the banks and Wall Street in order to discredit the movement!

These randomn acts we all condemn and fully endorse bring all guilty parties to justice.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
Why not doom and gloom the Earth's right to protest injustices by trying to stereotype all of the protesters as criminals? Its fun right, keeping these flame wars going? What else would you do...contribute to something useful?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:45 PM
link   

That makes my point.At one time the Democrats were conservatives and the republicans were liberals/progressives.

Just because the parties switched ideolgies does not negate the fact of right wing and left wing still existing.

While in fact the KKK were Democrats they were still conservatives/right wingers.

The guy in your video is saying vote Republican because the Democrats were racists 50-100 years ago.

What the Democrats did 100 years ago has no bearing on the party today because in effect the republicans are the democrats of 100 years ago politically, which is conservative( not necessarily racist)

I do not think we can base right wing left wing debates on political affiliations of yesteryear because while right wing and left wing still hold the same meanings the political leanings of the current parties holding those designations are not the same today as historically.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

In early America days the GOP and Dems were the same damn party fighting the Whigs and Federalists! This movement however wants nothing to do with political parties period.
edit on 7-11-2011 by TheImmaculateD1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by kadugen

Weak argument.

You could probably make a similar argument about crowds visiting Disneyland... Just because some bad things happen at a crowded area does not mean all the people there are bad, or their particular ideology is invalid...or anything really. It's simply an example of humanity.

I agree, I live in central Florida and about once a year there is a story on the 6 o'clock news of a sexual assault at Disney World.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

If this thread is not obviously part of a smear campaign then I don't know what is?

The OP's lack of logic and obvious partisan propaganda basically says OWS is a compromised of a MOB of unemployed criminal minded anarchists ? You find a list of crimes and isolated incidents that occurred over the past month in out of the thousands and thousands of people in cities across the US... that's it? OF COURSE THERE WILL BE CRIMES! You know statistically it is suppose to happen anywhere there is thousands of people, concerts, sporting games, and yes even protests! Every time I pick up my local paper the list of crimes just for the weekend are as long as that list your provided in a city of 30,000. So i am actually unimpressed with the lack of crime at OWS ironically. I mean at the same time I am also surprised they have been keeping cool as well.

The OP is not addressing the real criminals.. this is so typical of the OWS haters. Those peaceful protesters are so menacing, such a threat lol. Yeah I think it is pretty clear why OP and others alike feel threatened and it hardly has to do with crime and more to do with achieving their goal.

This speaks for itself

This thread =

EPIC FAIL

edit on 7-11-2011 by Unknown Soldier because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   

And how many people are slamming Walt Disney World? None! Why do it to OWS? That's right, we stand against corruption, the banks and Wall Street!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:50 PM
link   

okay so your logic is we should just judge a whole group of people just by a few scattered mishaps that have happened. so going by what you said we should just assume that all black people are in gangs and all mexicans are drug runners. are all asians are good with math. now its all people involved in ows are criminals??? i just don't get people like you sometimes...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   
have you been to an occupy city yourself? i go to occupy L.A a few times of week and i do agree that their might be pot heads and what not, have i seen or witnesses any of this, NO. not at any moment. MOST (people iv'e talked to, encountered) people are actually the friendliest people iv'e ever met. they have public announcements EVERY night telling people how they should NOT act and what not to do so the media wont start vilifying about them.
IF YOU DISAGREE WITH THIS MOVEMENT, LEAVE THEM ALONE, THEY ARE DOING NOTHINNNGGGGGGGG TO YOU, THEY HAVE THE RIGHT TO PROTEST.

the positive should overcome the negative in people.
IMO

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
here are some pictures i took MYSELF at occupy l.a...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
reply to post by OUTofSTEPwithTHEworld

WOW those pics are Obviously riddled with drugs, crime and violence!
(sarcasm)

new topics

top topics

<< 9  10  11    13  14  15 >>

join