It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Occupy Until 2025! Protests Planned into next Decade. (Shows how much they think they can do)

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   

Now they want to Occupy the Future.

Determined Occupy Wall Street demonstrators have vowed they’re not leaving Zuccotti Park anytime soon, and their online agenda suggests they mean business -- with events scheduled through Oct. 26, 2025.

“It would be bad enough if it’s 2015. But if they keep getting donations like they are, who knows?” The leaderless anti-greed movement has racked up $750,000 in donations from supporters and unions and gotten space for storage and portable toilets from the United Federation of Teachers.

Their Web site suggests the radicals won’t be learning much over the next 14 years, as “Radical Economics 101” appears on the agenda every Sunday between now and then -- with no sign that “Radical Economics 202” or “303” is in the offing.

Source: www.nypost.com...

I'm sorry but this story is just too funny. Shows how little they much think they will get accomplished from attacking Wall Street and the "Rich". Shows me even more how much they like the attention of OWS and the current media hype.

I for one will be laughing my butt off.... in 2025 if there are still people there. All the ones who leave/left will have gotten jobs, houses & families. They will be laughing also.

Well, one think for them. College and/or higher education has made them very organized.. to be planning into 2025.... LOL too much.

All with us knowing they are all WHINNING about not getting what they want... not for the real homeless and less fortunate. No, they shun them when they arrive at OWS. You must not be poorer than us rich college educated ones... How dare you. Off to the other side of the tracks with you (the east end of the Park-I heard).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:16 AM
link   
i mean...if they need to occupy places for the next 10-15 years, they may want to revise their approach. that seems like an awful long time to bring about change...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   

Their Web site suggests the radicals won’t be learning much over the next 14 years, as “Radical Economics 101” appears on the agenda every Sunday between now and then -- with no sign that “Radical Economics 202” or “303” is in the offing.

That's because everything they learned one Sunday is forgotten by the next. So they're always covering the same pages each week.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   
Let's first see them make it through this year's winter.
edit on 7/11/11 by Romekje because: 2nd

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:39 AM
link   
personally I see the occupy move going one of two ways, either it'll collapse in the next few months or it'll carry on evolving and changing into a long term movement that will last until the problems were facing have been addressed.

This winter will define or end the movement.

maybe they won't be able to stay encamped in the towns and cities of the world but even if they get the boot, that may well not be the end of it.
edit on 7-11-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:10 AM
link   
reply to post by monkofmimir

I personally thing the Real OWS folks already collapsed and broke camp. What we are seeing now are the suckers that fell for the OWS bullcrap and the derilicks that are using the OWS concept to glorify their positions.... somehow...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:40 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

I don't exactly disagree with you.

But just because people pass the baton doesn't mean it is without merit look at anonymous for example, I'm sure those people who first identified with it are long gone but that doesn't mean it is no longer relevant or even a major force in the world (so much as an online organization can be).

Honestly I have my reservations about the occupy movement but despite this I have joined with them in a protest recently because while I believe they are most certainly a gamble I'd rather that than the certainty of how things are.

The world is playing a game of Russian roulette, in the governments gun every chamber is loaded where as in the occupy movements gun a random number of chambers is loaded. Both options suck but I know which one I would choose.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

Interesting take on it.

I am not opposed to the concept of the OWS-original group. Except that it became ever apparent that the leaders were doing it for political reason to benifit the Obama Clan.

And, the whole concept that they are going to get anything accomplished by doing what they are at Wall Street is beyond me. WASHINGTON D.C. is where Everyone needs to be/occupying. IMO

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

well big business long ago bought out the government. All you have to do is look at the tax rates to see that.

So if big business owns the government then big business is in charge and wall street is a symbol of big business. So all there doing is protesting directly to the people in charge.

its the same principle as if you buy something then realize its faulty. If the cashier behind the till (the US government) can't help, you ask to speak to the manager (big business).
edit on 7-11-2011 by monkofmimir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   
occupy is setting the stage for a violent, government vs it's people scenario.

occupation lasting years? the prospect takes my mind on a ride far from here and now. and I can only see occupy as some sort of catalyst for a much much wider, broader, more defined movement that could eventually contend for the power itself or breakaway and form it's own entity.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

I am not opposed to the concept of the OWS-original group. Except that it became ever apparent that the leaders were doing it for political reason to benifit the Obama Clan.

no one could have predicted the way in which the occupy movement took off, even if it was originally influenced by tptb it has now taken on a life of its own and I doubt it will be easily directed by anyone.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by yourmaker

your probably right, if the occupy movement does last this winter there is a good chance it will be the face of the revolution.

but whatever its flaws there have been worse revolutionary groups. Also as things stand it is leaderless which reduces the chances of a new napoleon and it is open minded to people from all walks of life so that reduces the chances of genocide.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:35 PM
link   

There isn't going to be any revolution... based on the OWS ideals/concepts. They are seem as lazy whinners.

I think we will see FAR more from the Tea Party in the 2012 election than you will the OWS stuff. Why. Because the Tea Party is real and not manufactured.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by anon72

Don't believe there lazy whiners, while I'm sure there are exceptions alot of the ones I've met are either working, redundant or simply can't get a job (which is unsurprising in this economic climate). while there are certainly some members that meet that criteria I don't believe they make up more than a small minority.

Besides look how well organized most of the camps are, while there hardly to roman military standards considering that the whole thing is leaderless they are none the less very impressive.

I'm looking forward to seeing what the tea party does in the 2012 election too.

Personally I support both movements (its not like being republican or democrat, you can support both!) but the tea party is confined to the USA where as the occupy movement is international and even if the tea party has a larger effect in America the issues we are facing need to be dealt with internationally and assuming both movements survive and achieve something like what they set out to the occupy movement will have a larger effect on the world than the tea party.

top topics

join