It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Historical Freemason Documents

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:53 AM
link   
I got a hold of two Freemason documents that are original and dated 1823.
I took a few photo's and thought I would share:

This is the top of the document.

I think this one is interesting because the building on the left of the three gentlemen looks ancient, maybe egyptian and the building on the right of the gentlemen looks very modern.

Here you can see the document is stating that a man named Barzillia F Wright, Jr. has achieved the first 3rd degrees of Masonry and is being given the "sublime degree of Royal Arch Mason"

Bottom of the document.

This one is showing the date and signatures of various witnesses

And here is the entire document framed, as it was, in 1823

I have another one similar to this but with different artwork and symbolism on the document.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
the background on a glance looks like jerusalem. (correction, the -left side- looks like jerusalem, idk what the heck is the right background image.)

compass and 90 angle ruler, check, excess of triangles, check, royal arch mason, double check. interesting stuff. I can't make out half of the writing though, can anyone transcribe? something something this person signed etc etc royal arch mason etc, looks like a certificate of achievment. a shiny one at that.
edit on 7/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:00 AM
link   
I know, the writing is difficult to make out unless you're reading the actual document. Plus it's framed so the glass is reflective. Sorry about that... I only took the photo's to share. I'm thrilled to have them.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Skorpiogurl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
Isn't the building on the right side the temple of solomon?
Second.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
reply to post by 2Faced

i'd have to agree thats a possibility, my first thought was some sort of building in washington DC but idk, here is a picture for comparison

www.templemount.org...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:07 AM
link   
I have no idea....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:08 AM
link   
On the second picture you can see the ark of the covenant.

The backround scene from the first picture could mean the destruction of the old and building of the new.

Interesting. Thank's for posting.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Thanks, I didn't even notice that.
The photo's posted here are all from the same document. I didn't have time to take photo's of the second one. I'll do that tomorrow.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Skorpiogurl

I didn't have time to take photo's of the second one. I'll do that tomorrow.

Yea definitely post them. Nice to see these things

Next to the Ark of the Covenant there's a spade, that could reprezent the burial of it?
Or it could reprezent that they found it in Solomons Temple?
Or could reprezent that the Ark of the Covenant is the temple it self which in turn could symbolize the human body and cosmos it self.

I donno maybe I'm just ranting lol

ETA:

Of course the spade is masonic symbol.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Dr Cosma because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Here you can see the document is stating that a man named Barzillia F Wright, Jr. has achieved the first 3rd degrees of Masonry and is being given the "sublime degree of Royal Arch Mason"

It is a certificate basically stating that this person completed the degrees of the royal arch chapter in freemasonry.

The first 3 degrees are basically what every member has to go through. If they want to join the appendant body (an organization inside an organization), the royal arch, the member has to have gone through the 3rd degree. Now , this person joined this appendant body and went through the degrees of it.

very nice share , though I do not understand it.
edit on 7-11-2011 by fordrew because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by fordrew
I think it is a certificate basically stating that this person went through the degrees of the royal arch chapter in freemasonry.

Yeah, I'm pretty sure that is what it is. Just by reading the writing on it, seems clear the document is as you said. I think it's cool that it is from the 1800's though

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
any way you can get a clear shot of the arch ways on the left and right of the writing ?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:29 AM
link   
sutton is a location in greater london, and indeedy the spade, pick axe, masonic logo, triangles, its all there and it looks legit.

en.wikipedia.org...

the ark of the covenant comes as zero suprise, these guys are soo very involved with the knights templar.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:40 AM
link   
On the left side of the pic there's a guy on a horse. A templar? With the pilgrims welcoming him in Jerusalem?
Then to the right, Solomons temple?
Symbolising from templar to mason?

Could be.

ETA:

The three men (three kings, if you look there's two white and one black?) sitting at the front, the one in the middle could be King Solomon. The arab dressed man to the right could be Hiram?

They do look like the three kings though.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:42 AM
link   
Hi

You guys are slightly off track...

The picture you have posted is a drawing which is filled with symbolism of the degree of the Holy Royal Arch.

Although the Holy Royal Arch is a separate order to craft Freemasonry, it is widely considered in English Masonry to be the completion of the third degree (and is found in a similar form in the American York Rite.)

The degree tells the story of the rebuilding of the temple after the return of the Jews from Babylonian captivity.

The person on the right of the picture is the third principal, Joshua, the High Priest who officiated at the rebuilding of the temple. The person on the left is the second principal, Haggai, the prophet, and the person in the center is the first principal, Zerubbabel, the governor of Persia, who led the Jews who had been released out of Babylonian captivity.

The five banners above their heads represent the four divisions of the army of Israel, with the Triple Tau in the center:

From left to right, they are:
An Ox on a Scarlet Banner, representing the Tribe of Ephraim.
A Man on a Purple Banner, representing the Tribe of Reuben.
The Triple Tau.
A Lion on a White Banner, representing the Tribe of Judah.
An Eagle on a Blue Banner, representing the Tribe of Dan.

The tools on the ground in the forefront, the pick, the shovel and the crowbar, were the implements used by the three sojourners who assisted with the rebuilding of the Temple.

That's all I can see clearly on the picture. Hope I've helped a bit...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:45 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

You guys are slightly off track...

No we're not. The pic IS depicting the Ark of the Covenant. So thank's for pointing out the flags of the Jewish tribes

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Cosma
Next to the Ark of the Covenant there's a spade, that could reprezent the burial of it?

Actually, it's not the Ark of the Covenant, but an Alter of Incense, a double cube. It's symbolism is explained in the ritual.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

Sorry mate, I think you're right there.

I'm going to have to stick by what you said, it being an altar.

Just seems like the Ark but the top of it is missing then and incense altars do look like that

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:59 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Cosma

Although the Ark of the covenant is mentioned once in the ritual, the modern layout of the floor of each Chapter recreates that picture, with some additional symbols as well, with the Alter of Incense in the middle.

That being said, it does look a bit Ark-like in the picture.

edit on 7/11/2011 by Saurus because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Saurus

That being said, it does look a bit Ark-like in the picture.

The Ark could've served as the model for the incense altars? They do look very similar.

Thank's dude

ETA:

Though he is not mentioned in Craft Freemasonry, Zerubbabel is considered to be of great importance to a number of Masonic bodies. Within the Holy Royal Arch, and Royal Arch Masonry he is considered to be a ruling principal.[24] In the Knights Templar his example of truth and fidelity is used as the foundation of the Illustrious Order of the Red Cross.[25] And all three degrees of Knight Masonry deal specifically with the life and time of Zerubbabel.

Linky to Wiki

top topics

<<   2 >>

join