It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Public school or germ farm?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:33 AM
link   
Yep, another rant. What's the difference between a public school and a germ farm again? I think I've gotten a new type of "common cold". Must've mutated. Everyone is worried about asteroids and such. What we should be worried about is what happens when a real threat gets carried to public schools by one nasty #ing kid. Probably kill every family with a child in it, in a week.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Evolutionsend

Well going to public school would make your immune system stronger over the years, fighting off infections and that. So I don't see what you're getting at.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
reply to post by StopFearMongering

It actually won't. Antibiotics prescribed to get the kids back to that nasty place, will trash their immune system. I stopped taking them years ago because of that. It also makes the viruses mutate and become stronger themselves.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

I won't comment on the antibiotics comment, as I don't know a lot about it, but as for viruses mutating to get stronger, there's no way they're going to mutate faster than modern medicine can evolve. I mean just look back at history when there wasn't modern medicine or really any medicine. Compare the death rate to nowadays. You can't argue with the numbers.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   

You need to learn what an antibiotic does. They're actually bad for you, and way over used.

Antibiotics, first used in the 1940s, are certainly one of the great advances in medicine. But overprescribing them has resulted in the development of bacteria that don't respond to antibiotics that may have worked in the past. Plus, kids who take antibiotics when they aren't necessary run the risk of adverse reactions, such as stomach upset and diarrhea.

source

So much for that explanation!
edit on 7-11-2011 by Evolutionsend because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   

I've actually been in the process of doing so, but that still has nothing to do with my other comment.

And from what i've gathered it doesn't have much to do with the antibiotic itself as much as it has to do with doctors over-prescribing them for known sicknesses like the common cold.
edit on 7-11-2011 by StopFearMongering because: stuff

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:51 AM
link   

It has to do with how they actually work.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:56 AM
link   

OK so like I said that has to do with the doctors. If you look at the numbers i'm almost positive they've saved more than they've killed, if they've killed any at all. Would you prefer we go back to the dark ages where we burn incense to make sure we don't get the plague?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

I'd prefer that we use them as intended, and have the lazy janitors clean the schools for once.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   

Antibiotics against viruses? Good luck with that - antibiotics work only against bacterias, viruses are completely unaffected. Try vaccination against viruses.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:02 AM
link   

You kind of answered your own question, those bad boys mutate all the time in order to propergate their speices, but got to hand it to them they are mighty adaptable.

Hug a virus day, their just trying to survive like us

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

I'd hardly say they're lazy. Even if they are it's probably because of years of cleaning up graffiti dicks off the bathroom stalls. I'd probably blow my brains out by then. And if schools were 100% sterile where would kids build up their immune systems? And yes being in "dirty" places can build your immune system, as not every sickness is treated with an antibiotic.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:18 AM
link   
I laugh at groan at the same time...

I think germ wise, schools are disgusting. Its everywhere of course but some schools are much much dirtier than others. Younger kids dont always wash their hands after the bathroom or any other time
, they play on the floor, rub their noses and face, scratch behinds and whatever else they can pick on, touch everyone else and on and on and on. Its a germ pool. You know when you have that feeling on your hands after touching something and your like eww must. wash. now. Yea, kids dont feel that.

I wouldnt go as far as to say Janitors are lazy, they have ALOT to do and cannot literally disinfect/clean everything from the ceiling to the floor.....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:31 AM
link   
reply to post by WeBrooklyn

I'd prefer that the schools spent more time worrying about the cleaning, and less time worrying about sticking their nose where it doesn't belong. Some teachers do, but most could care less about germs.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

I'd prefer that the schools spent more time worrying about the cleaning, and less time worrying about sticking their nose where it doesn't belong.

Amen to that

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   

Think about it. If the schools were sterilized every night, it would make little difference. The kids, if they are sneezing, coughing, rubbing their noses and eyes, and touching everything, would germ it up again instantly.

I used to wash my tables off with disinfectant during bad outbreaks, and if a sick one was spewing germs all over the place, I'd wipe their seat and table area before the next kid came in.

But I doubt that it made much difference at all. Schools are like a petri dish for outbreaks of flu, Norovirus, scabies, and all manner of other delightful things.

Keeping your immune system healthy with proper nutrition, enough sleep, and enough vitamin D is probably the best defense. It's a war zone!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:22 AM
link   
Deal with it, a cold i mean seriously... I have a hayfever I might make a thread complaining about the dust in the air and ask that filters and such be installed in every place I go.

top topics

join