It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

AdventureX and other (UK) videogame events in 2011

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:16 AM
link   
I used to love to visit ECTS at Earls Court, I'm not even sure they hold it anymore. But it was a great place to go to see all the upcoming computer games and technologies, and pretend you were with the press and get some free sandwiches..

So much so, it has inspired my own mini-event relating to adventure gaming in December this year. Especially people who like games in the style of Monkey Island and Grim Fandango. It's called AdventureX and I'd welcome you to attend, there is more information at AdventureX website. It's the first one (and the first time I've organised an event) but designer of Discworld Noir will be there to talk and conduct question+answer on Saturday and freeware game creators on Sunday. If you've ever considered making your own adventure games or you're just curious, do come along!

So what gaming shows do you normally attend? Not just UK ones but anywhere. Do any keep you going time and time again, are some really lame? Tell us about them

And if that's not enough, here is a list of other gaming events taking place this year, in the UK:

November 2011

London Games Conference 2011 - One Wimpole Street, London

GameStop’s EVP of international, Mike Mauler, will present a keynote on the global games retailer’s digital future. Meanwhile, games development icons Ian Livingstone (Eidos life president) and Peter Molyneux (Microsoft Game Studios creative director) will jointly deliver a talk looking at the big changes facing video games in the years to come.

10th Nov 2011 (1 days)

LAUNCH: Future Gaming & Digital Conference 2011 - Birmingham Science Park, Aston, Birmingham

Speakers include Alex McLean, Studio Head – Birmingham, VP Development, Codemasters, Ilmari Heikkinen of Google UK, Mike Gamble, European Territory Manager, Epic Games, Philip Oliver, CEO of Blitz Games Studios, Chris Southall, CTO of SEGA Europe, Ian Livingstone, OBE, Life President, Eidos, Trevor Williams, COO of Playground Games, Rob Hawkes, Technical Evangelist of Mozilla, various indie studio showcases and demonstrations, and many more.

16th Nov 2011 (1 days)

Investing in Video Games - Early Stage - NESTA, 1 Plough Place, EC4A 1DE

Are you looking to raise early stage funding for your independent video games studio? How do you meet the right people to help scale your business and allow you to produce the next hit-title in the current on-line world? We have pulled together a fantastic panel of angel and early stage investors who might be able to help. Hear from Ed Vaizey, Minister for Communications, Culture and Creative Industries; Ian Livingstone and Dave Bailey and Paul Croft of Mediatonic.

22nd Nov 2011 (1 days)

Develop Liverpool - Liverpool

The Develop in Liverpool Conference is designed to meet the demands of the thriving game community based in the north, with three tracks and multiple networking sessions including a post event drinks reception.

24th Nov 2011 (1 days)

AdventureX, Didcot, UK

AdventureX is a chance to see new adventure games both commercial and freeware, learn about making your own games and meet other developers and fans. Guests Chris Bateman (Discworld Noir) and Alasdair Beckett (Nelly Cootalot: Spoonbeaks Ahoy) are attending the birth of this event, with a special audio message for the event from Zero Punctuation creator Ben "Yahtzee" Croshaw.

17th & 18th Dec 2011 (2 days)

More UK and worldwide events listed at: www.gamesindustry.biz...

posted on Dec, 4 2012 @ 02:37 AM
link   
AdventureX returns for 2012, I am running it so wanted to give it a shout out here in case anyone wants to come along. It's free, aimed at fans of the adventure game genre and amateur game developers etc.

Full info is here: www.screen7.co.uk...

And of course if you want to chat about UFO's and chemtrails, I'll listen

join