It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Has anyone here grown up homeschooled? Here's my story; share yours.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Well thanks Partygirl, but there is nothing really to share....And my childhood is clear in some parts, but a complete fog in others, really I think I was just on autopilot trough a lot of it all. In fact I can remember instances of watching myself-watching myself, doing stuff and going trough the motions of daily life back then. Not unlike a video game controlled character.

And school, well it seemed like forever that it took to be over, though I have nothing against it, it was the best of times...it was the worst of times, but mostly the worst of times. But ultimately I think no matter were I would of ended up I would of been on the same path, and always not fitted in.

I'll keep in mind that thing about getting degrees and stuff...But to tell the truth it's not likely to happen.

If anything I think I better get my education back on nature and all things rugged, or at least that is what the voice in the back of my head says to do, "but I never really listened to it" But in the end that is were I will be most likely going back to nature and all such things. After all eventually I will grow bored of all things sophisticated and civilized.

Oh and yes I know a thing or two about the grid of thought control.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Partygirl

Our son is now 10 years old, and we are homeschooling him, through ECOT of Ohio, a computer based institution. He is now in the 5th grade. Our other son is in the 8th grade in Public School. The 10 year old is studying the same material as the older child, but a lot more deeply than Public School. We took him from school because he is a dwarf, and was getting bullied, and the school was blind.

We are strongly thinking of taking our other son out too. I think a better education comes with homeschooling. We are are raising our children to be Wiccans.

posted on Nov, 10 2011 @ 12:33 PM
link   
It seems like you had a good experience with homeschooling. I think that there are people out there that would benefit from it. However, I enjoyed school and college. My college years were amazing. I made a lot of great friends, and had a lot of great experiences. I wouldn't trade those days for anything. I guess what I am getting at is, do you think that you missed out on anything? Did you ever wonder what it would be like to go to prom, or that Friday night football game? If you could go back, would you have changed anything or do you feel the same as me...you wouldn't trade it for anything?

posted on Nov, 11 2011 @ 01:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by stephanies-chase
I guess what I am getting at is, do you think that you missed out on anything? Did you ever wonder what it would be like to go to prom, or that Friday night football game? If you could go back, would you have changed anything or do you feel the same as me...you wouldn't trade it for anything?

Yes, frequently. I went through periods where I really wanted to be "normal." For a few years I was always insecure about not having gone to college and I thought I should make more effort to integrate into the mainstream.

It was really bothering me until this year, actually, but this year I started to realize that unless you are highly motivated to a particular career (like doctor, say) or go to one of the elite/prestegious Ivy-league type schools, it might not be worth it to go to college at all. Look at OWS, and all the thousands of angry protestors there...I have a job and no debt, rather than no job, a useless diploma, and five or even six figures debt, like many others. This year was the first year I started feeling really good about my decision.

posted on Nov, 12 2011 @ 06:28 PM
link   
reply to post by ManFromEurope

Germany also has a much better educational system than the U.S, if tests are any indication. To be honest, she was probably given a better education being home schooled than she would've in a normal U.S. high school.

posted on Nov, 14 2011 @ 04:25 AM
link   
reply to post by AnIntellectualRedneck

I guessed so, but I couldn't compare it. Seems like a shame for such a wealthy country, isn't it? Educated people are a burden for every government, but they are the root for nearly everything, just look at countries with a really poor educational system.

posted on Nov, 16 2011 @ 07:49 AM
link   
Your parents sound really cool! I went to public school, but ended up in an experimental program for gifted students in elementary and junior high. Curiously, some of the focus was on learning and using social skills. We'd practice communicating our interests and news of our lives in a friendly, informative, entertaining manner that anyone could understand. To this day, I am one of the few people I know who can read a book, watch a show or listen to a lecture and summarize the contents, what I found interesting about it and the main points of the author, etc. without getting boring, droll and trying to remember constantly. It's a good exercise for kids! It will serve them well later in life. It's not enough to simply be well-informed. We must be able to share our knowledge with others!

There aren't many things that make me cry, but this saddens me deeply. The consequences are tragic! Iserbyt has been blowing the whistle on this for many years. There are some good threads on ATS if you use the search option.

I think you'll enjoy this recent interview. Here's the YouTube description:

Charlotte Thompson Iserbyt served as the head of policy at the Department of Education during the first administration of Ronald Reagan. While working there she discovered a long term strategic plan by the tax exempt foundations to transform America from a nation of rugged individualists and problem solvers to a country of servile, brainwashed minions who simply regurgitate whatever they're told.

Part one of our exclusive interview with Iserbyt breaks down how conditioning/training under a corporate agenda has replaced traditional education, leading to a deliberate dumbing down of Americans. Iserbyt further explains how Reagan signed agreements merging the U.S. and Soviet systems under the United Nations banner, turning over education and many other areas of public policy to global control.

This 74 minute exposé is a must see for anyone who wants to truly know why the education system is deliberately crafted to produce human drones with no critical thinking whose only skills are to be subservient, trust authority and follow orders.

edit on 16/11/11 by RainbeauBleu because:

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join