It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl attempts suicide in China by jumping off freeway pass

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by buddhasystem

Originally posted by Gseven
Keep in mind, everyone passing after the initial fall didn't see or know what had happened.

This is a simple point which I was going to make, but you beat me to it. It's amazing that people missed that.
It's close to impossible to gauge a situation like that when driving (and paying attention to driving, instead of leisurely watching some stupid YouTube). I once saw a body on the road and I was terrified, but a second later I saw that it was a Santa Claus figure that well off the overpass where somebody put it as a decoration.

The car from which the whole thing was filmed was blocking the view for a lot of drivers.

And for the at least two cars that did see her? They both left... :/

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:10 PM
link   
This is sickening. But it's all been said already.

Curious though, what ended up happening to her? Did she bleed out? Did anyone come help her!?

I hope if she is alive, that she doesn't see this video - and see hundreds of people just not care. That would be cause enough to try it again, no?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
This is what happens when you are brainwashed from the first year in school, that you cannot do anything yourself, you need the authority figure to handle everything. And it's not a chinese thing, I have seen plenty of such videos from the north america and europe as well. People have selective memories when it comes to nationalistic pride though it seems.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:21 PM
link   
thats just cruel

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

I have heard the reason these things happen and nobody helps is because of some screwed-up legal loophole that allows the victim to effectively get lots of money from whoever helped them. People know if they stop they might end up having to pay the victim money! Plus getting involved with the police in China is supposedly a nightmare; they, too will extort bribes for any reason or no reason at all, and they are suspicious of people acting "altruisic"...might even try to pin a crime on them or make the accident "their fault."
So because there have been precidents like this, everybody knows about it and nobody stops to help in these situations.

It's not right and I'm not making excuses for it, but this is how it was explained to me by one who knew better about it. Corruption is pretty horrible once it sets in. If the above explanation can be believed, this is not some kind of innate coldness or cultural/racial disposition, but rather fear over having your own life destroyed. It teaches us how deeply legal and political structures can affect the fabric of daily life.

edit on 7-11-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

Partygirl, You are correct. Your friend as good insight into China.
This was a Law put into place by the Maoist Government, No excuses here from me.
Yes, that is my former Home Land, Numerous drivers did make a 911 call and I think many states in America have this form of Law. You stop and help, you are taking responsibility for the victim, I could be wrong though.

This Is Very important for you to know and keep in your memory,,,, In China There Is No Such Thing As Pedestrian Rights or Right Of Way. You Walk Against a Light and Get Hit, It's All Over, No-One Is Going To Stop And Yell For A Ambulance Chasing Lawyer.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join