It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Do you think UFO Sightings are From a different Star/Galaxy/Dimension or Local to our Solar System?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:39 AM
link   
Do you think every sighting, just arrived from somewhere else outside of our Solar System....

I tend to think UFO's are from our Solar System. It seems more likely with our knowledge of technology. We don't know how to interstellar travel!

Deep space travel is highly unlikely, so UFO's must take off from relatively close..

Therefore there must be a cover-up as to what is in our Solar System. You need a very high powered telescope to see any detail in our deep solar system.

If you believe in the Moon Landing Hoax theory, "We never went back because we were warned off..." Then wouldn't you think the rest of the Solar System is inhabited?

or

Just think with the hint at extremophiles existing in our Solar System, then wouldn't the alien environments be flourishing with extremophile ecosystems? And maybe overtime (evolution) these extremophiles would become advanced? Or even in the oceans of Saturn's and Jupiter's moons? What could happen overtime?

So either permanent ET's stationed up or Intelligent Native ET's I think it falls more inline of why there is a cover up. Utilizing Earth is the best thing they got, and us humans are producing it all for them, and if the Government exposes them, we might want to kill them, and we'll be scared...Also if there is some sort of trade or meetings between ET and Earthlings, then you would think the ET's might be wanting to lower their costs on travel.

In conclusion my main point is, UFO's are observed, yet we do not know if interstellar space travel is possible. Simple answer they are not traveling too far.

Solar System

Space stations, or native race to our Solar System. Given UFO's give flight characteristics not of this world...

4:12-5:53

I think there are some pretty good hiding places, or possibly advanced native life, what do you think?
edit on 7-11-2011 by game over man because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
All of the above.

if you think less then you're limiting the possibilities until proven otherwise.

b

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:50 AM
link   
Well yes I know most people like to think UFO's are from anywhere possible, but if UFO's are ET in Origin and there is some sort of commerce going on, I would think, their distance wouldn't be too far...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:01 AM
link   
reply to post by game over man

It seems you may be thinking too much in 'Human' terms...

Still, while it is certainly not inconceivable that any ET may have, upon locating this star system, and our planet, decided to build some sort of base or outpost (or several) in order to further their activities, for convenience (or whatever motivates "them"), it is well beyond scientific credibility to entertain the idea of another intelligent, space-faring species who are indigenous to our Solar System.

Another way to consider it, would be to think of Humans as a curiosity to be observed and studied....much as we have scientists who study aspects of natural wildlife, using hidden locations, or "duck blinds", so as to not interfere.

Oh, but there I just went too, thinking all too 'Humanly'. It is difficult to assign intent to something (or 'someone') that is, to this point, only speculative at best.

And, no....the "warned off the Moon" meme is something wholly made-up by over-imaginative folk, possibly even budding science fiction writers of some sort. We (Humans) certainly have sent many more spacecraft to study the Moon since Apollo. Using robots is far cheaper and more efficient than manned flights, for hundreds of technical reasons.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   

I honestly believe that they can be both, but, obviously, the ones where you can actually see the figures or very fine detail are within our solar system or earth, and the ones that are very distant, obviously, are the ones that are out of our solar system, but i have heard that light bends when you get to the universe, so no one can really know.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:15 AM
link   
If any of them are pure light and energy they could come from anywhere, any cosmos not necessarily our own! Some of the UFO's that just appear to be "lights" (the ones that go near to people specifically, not ones we see on youtube videos) suggest being made of pure energy of some kind. One's that have come close and have hyroglyphics on them could indicate being engineered on the surfaces of a planet/base of some kind. If you beleive the hollow earth theory then there's nothing to stop that being our own planet

Amazing isn't it how you can look at Google earth and roll the mouse wheel back and instantly appear to be thousands of miles away from your street. Who's to say alien technology isn't along the same line. Moving great distances quickly may seem impossible to us but that doesn't mean it's impossible in the universal scheme.

All in all, I can't be sure where they "come" from. But they usually end up going back up into the sky (seemingly into space most times), so I'd presume it's not our own planet. But when you throw USO's into the mix you get a different picture. There are so many possiblities it's too hard to define one explanation.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
If our scientific knowledge tells us that star travel is impossible, it does not necessarily mean that it's true. Remember how people believed that you could not go faster than the speed of sound?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:21 AM
link   
There are several different types of E.T. Craft....there are probes....un...E.T.ed...LOL! and then there is the type of craft ment for local solar system travel.....say within and around Earth....it's sun....and any celestial body within our solar system.

Then you have the BIG HONKIN MAMAS.....like the ones reported over the English Channel.....1 or 2 mile long....tube or cigar shaped. Theses craft are the interstellar or even intergalactic in nature. Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

i swear you beat me to it

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:38 AM
link   

Originally posted by maryhinge
reply to post by Bspiracy

i swear you beat me to it

Was I wearing Leather....or Latex? LOL! Split Infinity

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:05 AM
link   
Alien by name, inter-dimensional by nature.....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:09 AM
link   
A neutrino was found by scientists to be able to reach a certain destination faster than light. Though it cannot travel faster than light, it seems that the neutrinos used another dimension as a shortcut and hence reached the destination faster than light. Who says that the ETs cannot do the same? We don't know much how our universe works. So just keep an open mind.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   

I agree, but i also think that UFOs are what they stand for.. unidentified flying object. usually meaning its unidentified.. not meaning alien spaceship as most people on ats think

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
reply to post by SplitInfinity

well me being a man who likes hairymin i mean maryhinge
id say laytex
and hoping your a lady id like a look at your SPLIT infinity

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:08 PM
link   
I think the extraterrestrials that are visiting are composed of multiple races...and they likely have bases in this solar system (possibly under our oceans even), in other solar systems, and in other dimensions (or at least possess the ability for interdimensional travel). So my answer is "yes" to all three possibilities.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:28 PM
link   
Perfect! Since so many of you are so certain of deep interstellar travel, prove it!

Some of you post as if you know that a mile long cigar shaped UFO's are from where? How do you know?

So everyone so far is certain there is no other intelligent life occupying our Solar System? No race has been living here for millions of years? Of course, Ufology justifies ET coming from a Galaxy, far, far, away....

Maybe some of you don't understand the question in detail.....Do you think every UFO sighting.......every UFO sighting....every single UFO sighting from the beginning of man.....every single one.........is a visitor.........from..........outside our Solar System? Are you sure? Every single UFO?

Here is a common scenario:

"mmmmm UFO sighting..."

"By my observations the occupants must be doing this ______________"

*insert intergalactic travel/time travel/wormholes/multidimensional technology.....

Because we've all seen that technology demonstrated before, so just because it disappears from our eyes or bounces around like a bumble bee, or hovers with out a sound, and some are a mile long, it must mean the UFO has made and is about to make dramatically long distances to come/leave Earth.

Because Aliens are too stupid to hang out close. It would be unreasonable to consider the idea.

Our astronauts and space studies never do anything that silly. We send our Hubble and Kepler telescopes deep into the Pacific and Atlantic Ocean to get a better view of the Cosmos...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:44 PM
link   
Listen, we don't know what Venus is truly like, we won't. The environment is too extreme. Who is to say there is not something there, beings we might not be able to observe. UFO's usually are bright lights moving around in a very peculiar matter.

Big clue...We don't know who the occupants of UFO's are!!

What does that tell you??

THEY CAN'T LEAVE THEIR CRAFT!!!

Think about it....

In 1000's of years we may be able to send a manned craft to Venus, would we be able to get out and walk around? So what about ET visiting Earth?

You talk about UFO's with hieroglyphics written on the craft, maybe you heard that from Roswell, the Grey Aliens. Could the Grey Aliens not be a subterranean species? Have you ever done an ATS search on that theory?

We have been traveling to space for 60 years and we have plans to build a base on the Moon, or at least proposed the pros and cons of doing so. Basically we will spread out over the Solar System over time.

So you guys are arguing that an ET race capable of interstellar travel would not go about the same process as us?

Or you guys are arguing once we are capable of interstellar travel we still won't spread bases and satellites and probes throughout our travels? We will eliminate all of that and it will be Luke Skywalker and Han Solo meeting up with Barf on the Winnebago? Just flying through the cosmos in our UFO's like the Simpson's Halloween?

You got to be kidding me.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:21 AM
link   
I think some sightings are of an Earthly origin and are Military black projects. In fact, i'd be willing to bet that a large % of the sightings are.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:57 AM
link   
its simples dude..

some ufo sightings are of craft from this planet/our governemnts. some ufo's are from this galaxy/universe. some are from other galaxies/universes and some are interdimensional.. thry've been coming to this planet for thousands if not millions of years,, but quite possibly for billions of years...?

its all gonna make sense soon!..

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 01:24 AM
link   
I honestly think the evidence points to this. Each decade we discover more about our planets and moons. There could be bizarre life in the Oort Cloud. I really think the distance of our Solar System is far enough for any UFO's to be traveling from.

You really think it's life on Earth and then not for millions and millions of light years is the next intelligent life, or not even in our dimension? You think life throughout the Universe is spread out that far?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join