It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My very scary, very naked race for my life

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Okay, As a lifetime resident of Oklahoma, I like many others, have at 31 years old, just experienced my first Earthquake (as well as my Second and Third) all in the last 2 days. Now as scary as my experience was, I was even more terrified by my quest for knowledge on the subject matter related to Oklahoma.

So you know my terror, a not very brief rundown of my first Earthquake experience.

2am Saturday 11/5/11-having found myself home alone as my husband is playing babysitter to a sick father at in-laws house, I am laying in bed in with no pants (or panties) on, enjoying the latest gossip on ATS when irritatingly I take note of the wind blowing hard enough to rattle the blinds against my headboard softly.

10 seconds later-Realizing that it is not just the headboard shaking but my monitor is wobbling on the display stand seated at the foot of my bed and subsequently stuff around my room starts to clink and rumble together.

1 second later- ODDLY, as i have never experienced an earthquake, I think EARTHQUAKE and spring from bed, nearly crushing my dog laying at my feet, and race outta the room and directly out into my front yard screaming, taking note that the two hutches filled with china and glass in my Living room are rattling so loud I yelp thinking I am being blasted by glass.

3 seconds later-Seeing my neighbors exit their porch only to turn and gasp as they (at the same moment as I) realized the kitty Kat is on full display and I missed my wax appointment . (also due to sick in-law)

10 very long seconds later- Demanding my feet to move, i run into the house, but having just as quickly dismissed Earthquake from the possibilities as we don't have them here, and now entertaining more plausible explanations like ghosts or a big sumo wrestler under my bed, I am only bold enough to grab a jacket off the living room table wrap it around my waist and head right back out to borrow the neighbors phone (as mine is laying in my bed)

5 irritating minutes later- getting my husband on the phone who (felt nothing 8 miles away) tries to ease my panic that it could NOT possibly be a ghost or burglar because the neighbors felt it too, he convinces me to return inside to check the stove for gas thus ensuring my last idea of an explosion is probably wrong too and that the only logical explanation is what appears to be a police helicopter now flying directly over my street must have swooped low enough to rattle the house.

30 minutes after initial race for my life-I re-enter my bedroom, apologize to my beloved dog of ten years for COMPLETELY leaving her behind, and not thinking of her once, I lock my bedroom door hoping that ghosts cant work a knob. Only the following morning do I learn I experienced my first earthquake.

So such is my first Earthquake experience and I stated in the intro, none of that is as bad as what i have learned in the last 24hours, but technically that is another post....

edit on 7-11-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:11 AM
link   
Wow - that was a hilarious rant! Perfect for a Monday morning!

What is the moral of the story? Never EVER read ATS whilst sitting naked on the bed. You never know what might happen hey... hell hath no fury like nature's scorn bla bla bla...

edit on 7/11/2011 by shimmeringsilver73 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   

I am laying in bed in with no pants (or panties) on, enjoying the latest gossip on ATS when irritatingly I take note of the wind blowing hard enough to rattle the blinds against my headboard softly.

pics or it didnt happen

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
Laughing so much..But I also notice a woman's dilemma. Not only report of your nakedness but also the fact you weren't as neat as you should be. Only a woman's fear of not being in perfect alignment in the hair department on ones body has the indignities of ladyness. Good girl, I love it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:59 AM
link   
oops computer glitch
second post sorry
edit on 7-11-2011 by sussy because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:05 AM
link   
reply to post by MRSeuphoric1

Um, yeah im not sure, why you would post something like this, but im sure you might have been drunk or high, so...

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   

that OP has to be the best argument ever for ATS webcam

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:13 AM
link   
reply to post by thebelieverufo

Well even though you were offensive.....I posted it because I wanted to post this.......
Oklahoma has 2000% increase in Earthquakes..WTF

And while trying to convey how scared I was, I realized others, Like my husband, might find it funny.....I also realized that putting something amusing in with something so seriously important would cause the important to lose its meaning...

SO before you get all unhappy and judgemental on this fine monday morning, consider all possibilities..

PS: Sober for 1 year 7 months and a day

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:16 AM
link   
reply to post by choppedbrisket

LOL!! You wish babe.... I for one am glad there isn't an ATS webcam

And don't everybody else act like you don't sleep sleep in mostly nothing. Okay well, maybe not if you have kids, but we don't...So it was perfectly acceptable. Besides I had a shirt on!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Lmao..
Shouldnt laugh... But thats funny... Apologies ... earthquakes quite common to occur where am from...
Glad to hear your allright other than bit shaken up ..

Wouldve either got complimented, overlooked or cheered running outside in that state where am from..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by thebelieverufo

UM.....I am going to publicly retract my last reply to you as I have read your profile and discovered you are claiming to be a 13 year old boy...

Even though you were rude to me, I don't expect you to understand adult humor. I was under the impression this was an 18+ site considering some of the things that are said here. But re-reading my post, I don't feel obligated to take it down..

i AM OBLIGATED AS AN ADULT TO ASK YOU WHAT THE HELL ARE YOU DOING AWAKE AT 2:30 IN THE MORNING ON A SCHOOL NIGHT CLICKING ON POSTS WITH THE WORK NAKED IN THEM!!???

Get to bed, and read a book!!!

Seriously though, might I suggest you refrain from clicking on matter this is PROPERLY LABELED as some NOT age appropiate for you to view then what you dont read cant bother you..
edit on 7-11-2011 by MRSeuphoric1 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:31 AM
link   
Things I love about being an Oklahoman.

1. We have an NBA team.
2. No earthquakes.
3. We don't elect idiot governors who blow all the state's treasure.
4. You can regularly see your neighbors run around naked.

Well 1 out of 4 ain't bad.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   

Originally posted by MRSeuphoric1
I think EARTHQUAKE and spring from bed, nearly crushing my dog laying at my feet...
... apologize to my beloved dog of ten years for COMPLETELY leaving her behind

Lesson number n: Those stories you hear of animals being more sensitive to earthquakes arent always true.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:39 AM
link   

He probably didn't realize you were going to be describing your private area for all of ATS to know about.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:42 AM
link   
I've been drinking all nite.

What about no panties?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
reply to post by LoverBoy

It was properly Titled.....

I stand by my statement....

Pantless at times. Get over it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   

I never said it wasn't. I personally enjoyed it. I was just trying to put myself in his mind set. Get over it? Are you 13 as well?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:00 AM
link   
reply to post by shimmeringsilver73

Thank YOU!!
That was my only intent. To amuse others at my expense. Sometimes life sucks, and when it sucks it might be funny. Though I am surprised at the instant trolling attack at what I considered to be a very mild description of nakedness.
All Well, cant please everybody....

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:03 AM
link   
Same thing happened to me during the dec 24 2010 earthquake here in PR.
But i had my boxers on
and I wasnt the only one

Scary stuff those earthquakes

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Hahaha.

Come to California, good 'ol earthquakes don't bother us a bit.

If I was your neighbor I would be laughing so hard.... no offense but that would be the most hilarious thing ever XD

You'll be fine! Earthquakes come and go.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join