It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: ATS, The New GLP

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

ATS is run by reptilian illuminati NWO TPTB grey orb inhabiting gestapo western jewish bankers

Who are you calling "orb inhabiting"???

Personally, I applaud the effort of the protestors, I just wish they had a more cohesive message, so it'd have more impact. Right now, it just seems like a loose protest against big corporations, with a hodge podge of all kinds of other causes thrown in. Therefore, it kind of dilutes the idea of a massive protest against a specific thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I'm not sure what ATS has more of right now: Threads hating the OWS movement or threads criticizing the threads hating the OWS movement. At this point, I really do think the latter far outweighs the former, which is rather sad all things considered.

I guess by your statement that you are sad because more people support OWS?

Do you like the current government?

Do you yearn for another election extravaganza?

Do you appreciate corporations making their own rules and paying GOVERNMENT EMPLOYEES to enforce them (OR NOT).

Do you like Judges who pass a judgement in favor of a corporation who, in turn, hire said Judge after he quits public service?

Do you like war?

Did you support the last 3 wars?

Have you ever served in the military?

Do you support corruption?

If you said YES to more than 1 question you are either part of the 1% or a representative. The rest of us will continue on and fight the scumbags who control our government.

There is bound to be protester trouble. You need to be realistic enough to recognize that a LOT of people are not happy right now. They will direct their anger at any authority figure or abuse their numbers etc to acquire things they need or want. This is seen in lots of crowd mentalities after major sporting events.

When the group is empowered and latches on to a bad idea such as throwing bottles at cops things only go downhill. Any sane responsible person would remove themselves from that situation if they saw this type of behavior. I would not want to be associated with that behavior and neither would 99% of the 99%.

Elitists have a group mentality all the time and act accordingly. I suppose they are similar to serial killers in their narcissism and omnipotence. They dare normal folk to even acknowledge they are crooks. They lie at every turn and then lie about their lies. SOME people believe their lies. They think there is no way a person could be so evil and show such duplicity.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:55 PM
link   
People on both ends of the spectrum are authoritarians. They are those who want to install their own version of utopia, regardless of the desires of others.

I see a lot more of that now on ATS from the right wing than from the left, to the point that I consider this a right wing website. Which is bizarre, considering what the site is supposed to be about.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:10 PM
link   
idk, I maintain that people see what they want to see sometimes.

I am more than capable of not reading any OWS threads (pro or con) on any given day. I simply elect not to read them. Just like I can with any other topic that I care not to read about. Funny how that works.

By the same token, I can read all the OWS that I want. Heck, I can even turn on Rush or Hanity while working if I want to do so, or not.

Wonderful thing that freedom of choice. By exercising it, I have less complaints and enjoy more things. As always, your milage may vary.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 02:16 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree with your statement here. Division is what is killing this country. But it is a very unbalanced division. When 45 million people are on foodstamps, out of a 300 million population and a what...52 percent voting age voters block that determines each election, one would think that the 45 million poor had the upper hand and could swing any vote. Yet the voters out there are often voting for Republican extremists so that an immoral minority controls the passing of laws, and an even smaller minority in the Supreme court, upholds the bad laws with bad judicial decisions. Meanwhile the immoral minority threatens not only us, but the very planet with pollution, overpopulation, Christian Rightwing extremist governments, exponential greed concerning resources, jobs, money, etc. As if their goal were to destroy the earth itself and themselves with it. What I am saying is that there has always been a division, but it really is now 99% with almost no money or power being held hostage to the greedy concerns of an elite 1%. The 1% OWN the media services and are inundating the Net and News with a lot of Right Wing propaganda and it winds up being "seen" by the casual viewer to be a fair split between left and right. But it is not. THe majority of Americans support OWS. The majority agree that a woman's body is her own and no one has a right to tell her what to do with it. The Left as it is called is really the dominant force in the USA today... (and I wish the whole "left-right" verbiage be dropped. Left still equals "non useful" "sinister" "not right" and even just dead wrong! Where it is the "Right" which ia all of these things and more.) The Right is a vocal minority dead bent on destruction of their own planetary resources, and the USA be damned in the process! We MUST recognize that we have a viper in the bosom of Democracy. It has infected the whole playing field of politics. It is RightWing Fundamental Christian Evangelical Extremists, just as bad, if not worse than the Taliban or Al Quayeda is for the Muslim political world. For the RWF have the power to terrorize people by shutting off their water and power, poisoning their water and food, causing them to work as slave labor, etc. etc. ad nauseum. Whereas the Al Quaeyda terrorists had box-cutters, airplane tickets and underwear bombs...Pathetic when compared to the global destruction Halliburton can cause.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drezden

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Drezden

You want respect, you have to respect everyone else. Otherwise you're phonies.

Stop blocking entrances. Stop vandalizing property. Get rid of the drugs and violent people. Do something about the sexual assaults happening in the camps. Stop threatening victims if they go to the Police.

Reimburse the innocent business owners for their losses at your hands.

Most of all remember everyone else has Rights also. If you don't respect their Rights, you deserve none yourselves.

The above is what a movement worthy of respect would do and would have done all along. At first I thought I could support this, but not anymore.

Once you let ACORN, SEIU and the Marxists groups take over it belongs to them and Obama. You're owned now.

The police cannot control the crime in the U.S. how do you expect a protest movement to police itself any better? It's unrealistic to wait for a protest movement to come along that will be comprised only of saints.

Whenever these negative stories about OWS come out it's always a small group.. a small group vandalized Whole Foods and the rest of the protestors (which numbers were much greater) denounced them.

You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.. you're letting a couple bad eggs spoil the bunch..

Blaine91555 is correct

And if you can't take some constructive criticism and use it to make yourself (or your group) better, then most people will not be empathic to the argument that there are just a few bad apples, because they will spoil the whole basket, if you aren't proactive in getting rid of them.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by CharlesMartel
And if you can't take some constructive criticism and use it to make yourself (or your group) better, then most people will not be empathic to the argument that there are just a few bad apples, because they will spoil the whole basket, if you aren't proactive in getting rid of them.

I'm confused are you talking about me personally now? 'Make myself and my group better'? Where is the constructive criticism that isn't being addressed rationally?

The rapes and assaults that have happened (which are occurring at a lower level than the cities they are in) at some of the protests are most of the time being committed by criminals who live in the city unaffiliated with the protests just taking advantage of the large crowds. Protestors have cooperated with police in trying to catch these people. It's silly to speak about these crimes as if the protest itself is the cause.

Again.. when you see these videos about protestors blocking entrances..etc. is is always a small group who breaks off from the main protest and walks to a separate location like that tiny group of people that went to protest the recent gaza flotilla denial.

.. and when you see "protestors" vandalizing they are always a very small number like 3 to 5 and they are wearing bandanas over their face or masks. To lay the blame on the protest for not doing enough to stop that is also very absurd. In U.S. public schools there is violence and vandalism every day.. do we blame this on the schools? Or do we blame the other students for not stopping it?

It's like you expect the protestors to be mind-readers to stop people before they commit a crime. They speak out and denounce and even pull physical protestors away in the case of whole foods. It was actually the protestors that stopped the 3 or 4 people in masks who were harassing that guy.

There are volunteers with in the protest whose job is to make sure people are safe and keep the peace.. I do not have control over your actions.. so why would a protestor have control over a criminal's actions?

This is all for nothing I know because you don't bother to be fully informed on what the protest is actually doing to be proactive about these problems. You just read some negative cases, throw out some mass generalizations, add a healthy dose of assumption and call it informed.

How many people are protesting in how many cities? The vast majority of the time people are behaving.. that's not important though I guess.

posted on Nov, 23 2011 @ 01:33 PM
link   
The word

Bitcoin

is banned at GLP.

This says it all...

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join