It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking News: ATS, The New GLP

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:
+17 more 
posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:37 AM
link   
Occasionally when I've read all the top and new threads on ATS I'll take a peak over at GLP. I am almost always appalled reading through the comments people post. It's like a conspiracy website for people who don't believe in conspiracies. "Go USA! Go USA! Kill Gaddafi!"

I haven't been on ATS long, but I've noticed something more and more.. maybe it's always existed.. or maybe its gotten worse.

Reading through people's posts on threads I see Democratic and Republican talking points. I see people actively embracing and encouraging the left vs right distraction and division that has crippled and destroyed the U.S.

I see people blaming liberals and conservatives.. and as you argue a democratic president continues the work of a republican president, both of whom treat the corporations with more respect than the citizens.

A country is in a dire crisis when people believe 2 parties are the only reasonable option.. especially when those 2 parties have been getting closer and closer to each other on the political spectrum.

And denying ignorance is in a dire crisis when people here buy into the distraction. When the most enlightened conservatives on the internet here on ATS attack OWS because of any liberal associations you see in it, you are delegitimizing the complaints of corruption.

The main issues of OWS are not right or left. Corruption is not right or left, It is EVERYWHERE.

Yes OWS does have some possible suspect origins and support, but there will NEVER be protests or movements in this country without outside forces trying to instigate or control them.. but that doesn't matter, we can still lend our voices and make it ours.

As you all cheer OWS to an early grave consider this.. the next time people want to protest against this corruption.. it will be that much easier to dismiss quickly. People will be tired from these protests.. they will see it achieved nothing.. and apathy will set in again with the general public..

No worries if the next protests against government corruption have a more conservative tinge, because we will have liberals to delegitimize it.

edit on 11/7/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:42 AM
link   
in before the opposition, 3, 2...

starred and flagged, you should add not reading the thread to your list of failures. (that people here often make)

one thing though, glp, no. the mods here have respect for the forums visitors. (if you mean other similar occurances perhaps a bit. still, the similarities are far and between)
edit on 7/11/2011 by whatsinaname because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   
I'm not sure what ATS has more of right now: Threads hating the OWS movement or threads criticizing the threads hating the OWS movement. At this point, I really do think the latter far outweighs the former, which is rather sad all things considered.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by whatsinaname
in before the opposition, 3, 2...
(if you mean other similar occurances perhaps a bit. still, the similarities are far and between)

I agree that ATS and GLP are still very different.

There is just a lot of mainstream right vs left blame and distraction going on.
edit on 11/7/2011 by Drezden because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:49 AM
link   
Ha.. this is too true.

And the worst part is, if you do make a booboo and get a bit narky over a post, you get whacked!

I remember the days when it took a brain to post on ats. Now, it's largely imbecilic.

so, while the place gets sillier, some of us get beaten, and .. oh there is no point, you can't stop "progress"

ATS is run by reptilian illuminati NWO TPTB grey orb inhabiting gestapo western jewish bankers, don't you know... and they live in underground bunkers and force feed us radiation.

^^ that was not serious, dear leader..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:51 AM
link   

Originally posted by SonicInfinity
I'm not sure what ATS has more of right now: Threads hating the OWS movement or threads criticizing the threads hating the OWS movement. At this point, I really do think the latter far outweighs the former, which is rather sad all things considered.

This thread isn't in response to an Anti-OWS thread.. I've only read 2 of them recently, and neither today.. this is about right vs left distraction, and how it's most apparent when it comes to OWS discussion.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
People talk a good game when things are stable...but when the foundations really start to sway, most people scamper back to their shells. It's amusing. People love to howl about "fighting TPTB" but as soon as somebody starts to do it, people become as chrulish and reactionary as the oldest, crabbiest inhabitant of the smallest, most backwards traditional villiage out there.

I sometimes wonder if people are afraid of things they've written before and are trying to establish some kind of "online paper trail" they can point to in case the jackboots show up at their door. "Oh, look here, Mr. Info-Gestapo man. See this thread where I was calling the OWS "commies?" You can tell I'm an upstanding citizen."

edit on 7-11-2011 by Partygirl because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

I agree with you completely, how people that are supposed to be awaken still buy into the bi-partisan thing is amazing. That divisory tactic worked very well. SnF.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Dembow

Correct.

This rigid, socially immature, infantile, egocentric narrow-mindedness is the reason why we as a species are nowhere near a "tilting-point" to real change.

We should reach out and unite on agreeable terms for the sake of all mankind... instead we stay devided, paralyzed, hung up in partisanship.

Each and everyone who participates in this perfectly orchestrated division is as guilty as the 1%, Elite, TPTB or whatever they are called.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   
What I am surprised is the number of people here who do not believe in conspiracies yet are very active member of this site. Why bother to join this site if you believe everything that the MSM is spouting?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

the populace of ATS is very easy to divide and conquer.

nobody wants to give an inch and feel they must stick to their media approved point of view.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lysergic
reply to post by Drezden

the populace of ATS is very easy to divide and conquer.

nobody wants to give an inch and feel they must stick to their media approved point of view.

Media approval's got nothing to do with it: Some of us abide by immutable core principles.I.E:
The guarantees of:
Life; liberty and the pursuit of "happiness" ( the "opportunity" not "happiness" itself)
edit on 7-11-2011 by 46ACE because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:29 AM
link   
It is as it has always been.

If it is possible for a web forum to burst into flames, ATS might be the first during the next election.

The more things change, the more they stay the same. (as they say).

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:30 AM
link   
The left - right paradigm is a very strong delusion in this country with deep roots. It's very hard to unmask something like this when you have one of the most powerful social programming forces on earth perpetuating it. The educational system, the msm, Hollywood, all play their roles. But the best actors on the planet do not live in California, they live in Washington, DC.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by ColCurious
This rigid, socially immature, infantile, egocentric narrow-mindedness is the reason why we as a species are nowhere near a "tilting-point" to real change.

Rigid, egocentric, narrow-mindedness...sorry but theses are mostly right wing values.

You might think the left and right are paradigms but sadly, they are not.
edit on 7-11-2011 by User8911 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

It's not just the USA.
People in general seem obsessed with a need to pigeon hole people and things.

However, there is a definate American obsession with demonising anything which is even slightly leftist leaning.
And those who view themselves as anti-authoritarian criticise every single government action and policy.

There seems to be a universal inability to even attempt to judge any subject / event / person etc on it's own individual merits free from any sort of religious or political bias and dogma.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I completely agree it is one of the reasons I am not as active as I once was.
It seems more and more people are posting either useless one liners. Or there just stuck in a black and white world and nothing you say will make any bit of a difference.
But what can you do? Anyone is allowed to join and post on ATS,a forum of free discussion, no matter how ridiculous the post or thread is.
edit on 7-11-2011 by Bixxi3 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Drezden

You want respect, you have to respect everyone else. Otherwise you're phonies.

Stop blocking entrances. Stop vandalizing property. Get rid of the drugs and violent people. Do something about the sexual assaults happening in the camps. Stop threatening victims if they go to the Police.

Reimburse the innocent business owners for their losses at your hands.

Most of all remember everyone else has Rights also. If you don't respect their Rights, you deserve none yourselves.

The above is what a movement worthy of respect would do and would have done all along. At first I thought I could support this, but not anymore.

Once you let ACORN, SEIU and the Marxists groups take over it belongs to them and Obama. You're owned now.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
The left - right paradigm is real and people are going to disagree on things. Expecting some wishy washy false agreement between multiple groups of people who are fundamentally opposed on matters of economics, politics and society is the truly foolish position.

Of course the up - down paradigm is equally important and most of us are united in opposing an all powerful state. But that doesn't mean there isn't genuine, fundamental disagreement.

This isn't something the media or government have created. You can't paper over the fact I'm a left leaning Anarchist and many people on here are free market Capitalists. Yes we share a distrust of state, but we're also in opposition economically.

People are going to disagree, pull your head out of the clouds and accept it.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blaine91555
reply to post by Drezden

You want respect, you have to respect everyone else. Otherwise you're phonies.

Stop blocking entrances. Stop vandalizing property. Get rid of the drugs and violent people. Do something about the sexual assaults happening in the camps. Stop threatening victims if they go to the Police.

Reimburse the innocent business owners for their losses at your hands.

Most of all remember everyone else has Rights also. If you don't respect their Rights, you deserve none yourselves.

The above is what a movement worthy of respect would do and would have done all along. At first I thought I could support this, but not anymore.

Once you let ACORN, SEIU and the Marxists groups take over it belongs to them and Obama. You're owned now.

The police cannot control the crime in the U.S. how do you expect a protest movement to police itself any better? It's unrealistic to wait for a protest movement to come along that will be comprised only of saints.

Whenever these negative stories about OWS come out it's always a small group.. a small group vandalized Whole Foods and the rest of the protestors (which numbers were much greater) denounced them.

You are throwing the baby out with the bathwater.. you're letting a couple bad eggs spoil the bunch..

top topics

<<   2 >>

join