It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Herman Cain "Fake Presidential Run"?:

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:13 PM
link   
One of my friends insists that Herman Cain is running for president for the sole purpose of making money. He really isn't truly in it to win it and it is all a sham to make money and sell his book.

I wonder what people at ATS think about this scenario. Do you think Cain is in it only for the money? I think he truly wants to win the race. Just like anybody up there does! What about you?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:19 PM
link   
well, he was once chairman of the fed.. so he knows all about making money out of nothing.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:20 PM
link   
Of course he is in it for the money, he probably has a big ego too. It's all rigged anyway, of course Obama is gonna win, Cain knows that too.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by BohemianBrim
well, he was once chairman of the fed.. so he knows all about making money out of nothing.

Yes, but he already made money out of nothing he had a cushy job. Don't know why he would go into politics into the spotlight. Why would anybody wanna do that?! Unless if they really wanted to win.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 11:55 PM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

once a puppet, always a puppet?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:02 AM
link   
I think Herman Cain is utterly worthless.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Herman Cain is not worth two lines. Sorry mods.

edit on 7-11-2011 by DragonTattooz because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 12:34 AM
link   
www.abovetopsecret.com...

I've always been under the impression it's all for the money and social-status that he'll be able to take away from this whole thing. It's the only thing that seems to make sense.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:46 AM
link   
reply to post by jjf3rd77

One of my friends insists that Herman Cain is running for president for the sole purpose of making money. He really isn't truly in it to win it and it is all a sham to make money and sell his book.

I wonder what people at ATS think about this scenario. Do you think Cain is in it only for the money? I think he truly wants to win the race. Just like anybody up there does! What about you?

Running for prez is all about SPENDING money, unless you win. Then you get to MAKE money from it.

And it's a lousy way to pump up your book sales. Your book had better be perfect or else it will be used against your campaign.

Herman Cain was wealthy before he decided to run. He didn't need to rely on writing a book; doing the lecture tour would be so much easier and lucrative. He is a cancer survivor, so I can't see him wasting his life on pursuing a goal that wasn't of great importance to him.

Tell your friend he is wrong. Tell him that regardless of how much money Cain raises for his campaign, that money is not there for personal use. And it costs a whole lot to even run for office.

There are many wealthy, extremely competent men who would be excellent presidents. But they refuse to run, because it's not worth the personal sacrifices and public spotlights into their lives that they would be required to endure.

And to those who say Cain is worthless, or not worth two lines, tell me..what does that add to the conversation?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:53 AM
link   
A video discussing the issue from nbc can be found here : Is cain in it for the money?

Is money or fame the reason he threw his hat in the ring? I don't know. Having watched some of his speeches and interviews though.. makes it very hard to see how anyone could take him seriously.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:57 AM
link   
The Republican party is in the habit of nominating candidates who have campaigned strongly in previous elections. They almost never select a "novice." Cain is no doubt aware of this and is going through the motions so that he can make a serious run in 2016.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 04:00 AM
link   
I can't believe all the racism which is directed towards Herman Cain on ATS.

Some of you lot just can't stand the possibility of having a black man in the White House.

top topics

join