It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bush praised by Arab Newspaper

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:22 AM
link   
I know no democrats want to see this, but this is how some Arabs see Bush. I must admit, I'm a little worried about calling Bush the president of the World.

www.cnsnews.com...\ForeignBureaus\archive\200409\FOR20040902d.html

-----

Kuwaitis Support Bush, See Him As World President, Editor Says
By Julie Stahl
CNSNews.com Jerusalem Bureau Chief
September 02, 2004

Jerusalem (CNSNews.com) - In rare accolades from the Arab world, the editor of a Kuwaiti newspaper has praised President Bush for leading the war against international terrorism and hailed him as the president not only of the United States but of the whole world.

The Middle East is better known these days for its anti-American sentiments but Ahmad Al-Jarallah, editor of the Kuwaiti Daily Al-Siyassa and the Arab Times wrote on Wednesday that his countrymen are standing with Bush.

"We are with President Bush who has said, 'I am the man who makes history.' Who, other than President Bush, can launch a war against terrorism? Who else will come to the rescue of people suppressed by dictators? Who else was there to build and develop nations? And above all, who made democracy the new international system for all the people in this world?" wrote Al-Jarallah.

Middle Eastern countries were not able to face terrorism alone and some even compromised and allied themselves with terrorist organizations -- until the U.S. arrived, Al-Jarallah said (according to a translation provided by the Middle East Media Research Institute).

Although some people may be skeptical about U.S. achievements, the U.S. liberated both Afghanistan and Iraq "and created a modern country from the ruins of the former regime," he said.

"There are some people who still call the war to liberate Iraq as 'baseless,' citing the failure of Americans to find any weapons of mass destruction.

"What they forget is the Americans did find many mass graves where millions had been buried alive. This alone is enough to prove Saddam's regime was more lethal than any WMD man has known," Al-Jarallah added.

Situated on the Persian Gulf, wedged between Iraq and Saudi Arabia, tiny Kuwait was overrun by the forces of Saddam Hussein on August 2, 1990. Seven months later, Kuwait was liberated by a U.S.-led offensive, known in the West as the first Gulf War.

It cost Kuwait more than $5 billion to repair its oil industry, destroyed by the Iraqis.

But with Saddam Hussein still in power, Kuwait readily welcomed the second invasion of Iraq last year.

"Terrorism can be tackled only through war and only the United States, backed by a president who creates history, is capable of handling such a war... President Bush has the right to say 'I am the man who makes history' because he is fighting aggression against modern civilization...Bush is the president of not only the United States but the whole world for he is making history on this small planet," Al-Jarallah concluded.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:35 AM
link   
THE SITE YOU GOT IT FROM IS PRO BUSH. NOTHING BUT B/S.

I HAVE NO COMMENT about the above article. Not a respectable site, where all the articles are biased in favor of Bush.

click here and scan through them

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:39 AM
link   
So because someone finds something from foriegn press and puts it on a website makes it B/S. This is the typical Democratic response. Does that mean that I can believe nothing from the Democrats because they are pro Kerry? Where is your logic.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:40 AM
link   
Sorry to say but Kuweit is the lil speck on the map next to Iraq that would be part of Iraq if we didn't go in there in 1990, and yes I say we, even belgium had a good share in the war back then. That one was justified, Iraq invaded Kuweit.

Kinda logical they are happy with the americans now Saddam is goners. They are propably the only country in the region to who Saddam could still be a threat.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by websurfer
THE SITE YOU GOT IT FROM IS PRO BUSH. NOTHING BUT B/S.

I HAVE NO COMMENT about the above article. Not a respectable site, where all the articles are biased in favor of Bush.

click here and scan through them

All articles biased in favor of President Bush???? Are you kidding? Did you even go to the root directory and look at the stories???

'Grumpy Old Men,' Kerry Spokeswoman Says

'Lot of Hate From GOP,' Edwards Says

Speaking of Hate: Bush's 2000 Victory Compared to 'Savage Rape'

Cheney Gets 'Mr. Halliburton' Label From Critics

Ed Koch Backing Bush Now, Hillary Later

Bush Leading America Into 'Snake Pit of Fascism,' Congressman Says

Do those sound like “Pro-Bush” stories????

There goes the credibility bird, flying right out the window….

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Affirmative Reaction]

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:50 AM
link   

Sorry to say but Kuweit is the lil speck on the map next to Iraq that would be part of Iraq if we didn't go in there in 1990

Yep, without Bush, they'd still be in fear of Saddam. Of course, the Kuwaiti's brought it on themselves for their less than proper techniques of obtaining Iraqi oil, but that's another matter, hehe...

Of course they like Bush....without him or his father, they'd be living in tents instead of marble palaces....

new topics

top topics

join