It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Severing the silver cord

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:20 AM
link   
I often wondered whether or not someone who has a weak physical & mental disposition could in fact die if you severed their silver cord while they are in the AP state. I think they could die if someone were to do it to them.

This is probably also related to the reason why some people who sell bwgs warn against the use of them if you suffer from certain physical/mental ailments or are taking certain medication.

I certainly wouldn't practice AP if I were in a weakened state. Your defenses are down IMO. I don't think you'll hear too much about AP murder if it did exist.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 09:30 AM
link   
dont you die period if your silver cord is severed?

ecc 12:6 "remember him-before the silver cord is severed, or the golden bowl broken... 7 and the dust returns to the ground where it came from, and the spirit returns to the God who gave it. "

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:11 AM
link   
the silver cord is very strong, I doubt anyone could break it

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 10:48 AM
link   
what is a silver cord??

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:05 AM
link   
Considered to be your lifeline.

Pull it out like a plug & you're dead.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 11:39 AM
link   
When the silver cord is torn, that's it ur a gonner.But i really don't know if someone else can snap your silver cord. Can they?

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 12:51 PM
link   
My understanding of the Silver Cord is as follows: This is a cord which is connected from the spirit world to your soul and appears in a silver colour. During Astral Project (AP) or Out Of Body Experience (OBE) some may actually have the privilege to see the silver cord, others will not.

The silver cord cannot be severed by either yourself or an external entity such as those which can be found at certain planes in the Astral Plane. Therefore it is perfectly safe to carry out AP when you feel. As a protection you can imagine a ball of white or silver light surrounding you which can be programmed through intent to serve as a protection should you require it.

The Silver Cord is severed automatically when your time in your body has reached its programmed date. Some who have near death experiences (NDE's) sometimes explain of seeing a white light or a tunnel, this is often a glimpse of the silver cord through which the spirit travels from your body to the spirit world when your time has been reached, supposedly on the other side of the white light or tunnel your family members who have passed over will be awaiting your arrival
this information is known to those who have passed over through the Akashiric records, i can never spell that correctly

Hope that helps.

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:46 PM
link   
i never heard of this silver cord..but sounds interesting

posted on Sep, 2 2004 @ 03:52 PM
link   
Pretty good description of it.... I used to think it was pure bunk when I first heard of it... Then I had my first OBE (I get them just by going unconscious by physical trauma (not drugs or sedatives), my "spirit" doesn't like to stay for some reason...) and saw the damned thing! Made me rethink my whole attitude towards the whole bit...and I'm now convinced that a lot of what I thought was bunk before, is actually coming from those with more awareness of the true ways of the universe...

[edit on 2-9-2004 by Gazrok]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 12:24 AM
link   
Sound Like GHOSTY2k has it about right i have read that it is just a visual reminder of your connection to your physical self, and that may have a calming effect so your mind does not get upset with the thought you could be separated for good from your body.

It would be interesting to hear what XXkrisXX would have to say on this subject as she has experienced this first hand, and has a good way of describing actions in simple to understand terms.
Parker

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 04:39 AM
link   
i've actually never seen mine... everything seems to be greyish silverish anyway.. i don't see in colour when it happens for some reason.. is that normal or not?

Odd

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 08:26 AM
link   
We percieve the paranatural planes with a wholly different set of senses than the material... it's possible that you're simply etherically colorblind, so to speak.

EDIT: I very nearly had my cord severed once. It wasn't a pleasant experience.

[edit on 9/3/2004 by Odd]

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:02 AM
link   
so spirits didn't discover WIFI yet!

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:09 AM
link   

i've actually never seen mine... everything seems to be greyish silverish anyway.. i don't see in colour when it happens for some reason.. is that normal or not?

I've noticed a muting of the colors, but I still see the color....

As I've only been able to consciously do it a couple of times, I'm no expert at it... Most of the times it's happened, have not been planned... I keep meaning to delve more into it, but I never seem to think about it much when I do have time for such things (which is rare these days)....

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Silver cord cannot be severed, not by you nor by anyone not even by the most powerful being in existence.

The silver cord doesn't "attach" you to you physical body it is merely a "psychic connector" of sorts that keeps both aspects of the concsiousness in linked together.

The Astral body recieves energy from your physical body through the silver cord.

Lets say that the impossible happens and the silver cord is severed... why would this kill you?

All that would happen is your astral body and its consciousness would no longer be able to exist so it would just dissapear just like if someone woke up your physical body.

Your physical body may or may not wake up right away but the silver cord is nothing to worry about at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:36 AM
link   
The Silver cord cannot be severed, not by you nor by anyone not even by the most powerful being in existence.

The silver cord doesn't "attach" you to you physical body it is merely a "psychic connector" of sorts that keeps both aspects of the concsiousness in linked together.

The Astral body recieves energy from your physical body through the silver cord.

Lets say that the impossible happens and the silver cord is severed... why would this kill you?

All that would happen is your astral body and its consciousness would no longer be able to exist so it would just dissapear just like if someone woke up your physical body.

Your physical body may or may not wake up right away but the silver cord is nothing to worry about at all.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 10:53 AM
link   
I dont see mine...I dont think to look for it either ...Maybe I will try to look for it...I have been getting out alot, but not far from my body, I get too excited I think lately. I get stuck half way alot...like Im glued in...its sooo cool though!

Then if I do get out, I crawl off the tail end of my bed which I never do in real life because it is high, I sit on the peice of wood..but the dog sleeps there below it on the floor..and I start thinking about if Im going to step on her..and I think to much and back to the body I go.

Yes my dog screws up my OOBEs but thats ok...I dont know why I go that way and I dont think it would matter if I stepped on her, but the thought process of it just blows the whole thing.

I m curious of the silver cord because I always hear about it..the only thing I can say is I feel an extension off the top of my head, like my hair is realllly long and its moving like it would under water.

Kris

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Freemantis

Mine are in shades of blue and grey...like hmmm.......like deep indigo blue (with a little purple) to arctic grey..and everything is made of pinpoints of luminessence of this color

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 11:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by xxKrisxx
Mine are in shades of blue and grey...like hmmm.......like deep indigo blue (with a little purple) to arctic grey..and everything is made of pinpoints of luminessence of this color

I think the colour you are looking for is lavender.

The cord can come from the belly, chest or the head.

Usually people don't see it unless they specificaly look for it.

posted on Sep, 3 2004 @ 02:25 PM
link   
When OOBE -ing try to stay away from strong magnetic sources electrical transformers ect. If your are new at this still seeing eyes peering at you from the void or hearing giberish concentrate on creating a shell of light arround yourself. look back at your self send thoughts of comfort.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join