It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Anyone else having problems with their bank account?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I was just out walking my dog (it's strange, this is how I start most of my threads on here) and decided to check my bank account. I don't think there's anything more than a few pence in it. So I went to the local branch of my bank (Santander) to check my balance on screen. So, I entered my PIN (correctly) and pressed Balances and Statements, then On Screen Balance before my cards was ejected and the screen said that the service wasn't available and to try later. Never having seen this before I thought perhaps I had pressed Print Balance instead and that maybe the printer was out of ink or paper so I tried again, only to get the same result. So I carried on to the only other bank between my flat and where I was, this time using a Royal Bank of Scotland machine. This ATM did the same thing! So I started thinking about the people closing their accounts with the big banks and obviously, in Europe anyway, Santander is one of the big ones, so I am wondering if perhaps it is something to do with that. I have had bank accounts for at least 20 years and have never gone to an ATM and been refused an On Screen Balance before, nevermind 3 times in one night from 2 different machines. So, do any of you, the good people of ATS, had similar things happen or have any idea why my account may not be able to give me a balance?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by djz3ro

Are you in the U.S. new on ATS trying to meet and discuss

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:52 PM
link   
My problem is there is never enough money in my bank account.
Pretty sure thats my fault though...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
reply to post by homeslice

I understand that, with are "wanderful" economy it makes it east to stay broke

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:02 PM
link   
HSBC was having issues last week but has seemingly resolved the situation.
www.thisismoney.co.uk...
www.bbc.co.uk...
Perhaps this is a beta test or TPTB are training us to accept not having access to our accounts

Regardless - it may be advisable to keep some cash stashed in case the system is unavailable due to some sort of future financial institution quasi meltdown.

edit on 6-11-2011 by robyn because: grammar

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

The government I belive is going to seize all assest and the world will be depopulated by either illness, police military brutality,marshal law. I've never had a bank account because i never trusted other people with my money.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:14 PM
link   
seen that before with santander and a few other ATM

problem is, an ATM is basically a computer running more or less unsupervised with its a** on the street, having an internet connection which might not be the fastest, compared to your home computer, and a CPU which might be a little bit more advanced than those you have in your laundring machine.

These ATM computers fullfill a check on a few dozen things before letting you know your balance, this includes...just to name a few:
-am i connected
-can i reach the server to get the information
-is anything hardware related faulty with me
-am i remote controlled this very moment
-was the card information given correct
-was the PIN correct
-was there an error in retrieving information from the server
etc. etc.

this whole load of checkups before displaying your account, sometimes result in a defined error message, like 'unable to read card', or in many cases 'out of service, try again later'

just ONE of the checkups fail and it will not work for you for security reasons.
given all these chances to fail i guess an average ATM has an uptime of about 90-95%

what really p*ssed me off once was an ATM assimilating my card. Not the regular way telling me that its required to keep it, and i'll get a new one soon, for me being the idiot not to use the newest one.
No..i put it in and ... PUFF .. the machine went dark.
Now the trouble is .. will i get my card back, will it be withold on powerup, or will the next lucky guy be able to pull it out ?
i was waiting there for 45 minutes, never saw my card again, got a new one on request, and got a bit nasty whenever i checked my balance the next weeks.

so ATM's ...uhmm .. its always a bit ...strange .. and if those people constructing them would have a sick sense of humor i would expect to have them showing me the NELSON (known from the simpsons ... 'ha ha ...'

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by mik3ymik3

Hi mik3ymik3, welcome to ATS. if you will look under the member name you will see the date joined and their location (if they filled it out) in this case he is from Scotland.

djz3ro I agree with Robyn, keep some cash on hand. I remember seeing the news about the issues HSBC were having too.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by TMJ1972

My advice withdrawl all your funds, get a safe and a gun,worst case scenario and the N.W.O happens

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:24 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:25 PM
link   
No bank accounts

No problems

No worries

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Expat888

sounds like me, although im missing one more to that, the money! I was ATS surfing and saw something about WellsFargo going under??? related? Banks are crooks, if i were a account holder, monday morning sounds like a good day to clean out my account lol

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
www.prisonplanet.com... RBS And NatWest

The First Victims Of “Bank Transfer Day”

Earlier today we received the following email from a reader: “RBS systems are down today – ALL of them. I asked whether they knew that HSBC was down yesterday – replied yes – I suggested that they might do well to make an announcement to stop people from getting the right idea 8). The reason for the outage was given as “an update which did not go as expected” Some update – took out ALL their systems I was told. Pongs worse than the old Billingsgate fish market.”

Short article goes on to attribute the bank's difficulties were due to problems that arose after maintenance work. Hmmmmm.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:56 PM
link   
reply to post by robyn

“Bank Transfer Day” what is that exactly

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:09 PM
link   

do some ATS searching and read up on things instead of EXPECTING to be caught up to date by those who have already done just that

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

Never was expecting just trying to make conversation im going to so some research than i'll post

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   

wow, glad you have thick skin mik3ymik3
here is one place to start to find out what Bank Transfer Day is www.abovetopsecret.com... And despite the poor showing, ATS is a great place.

Sorry for the off topic post!

forgot the link!! and to keep on topic transfer day may be one of the reasons rjz3ro is asking whats going on with the atms, because there was speculation that the banks would just call a "Bank Holiday" to circumvent the move.

edit on 6-11-2011 by Casing because: (no reason given)

edit on 6-11-2011 by Casing because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by theRiverGoddess

From what I understand people are going to take there funds out of big bank corporations and put them into non profit commercial banks...So I assume that would hurt the big banks? new at this just tryna get informed

top topics

<<   2 >>

join