It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I still haven't shopped at BP

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
In light of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico I haven't stopped at a BP gas station. I even went into a BP on a road trip. I walked in looked started to pay-saw the BP name tag, and apologized to the woman (nicely), and I told her I couldn't go through with the transaction because of the oil spill and all-I'm sorry ALL of the wrong they have done.
But it's all okay right? They apologized on t.v. with dramatic music in the background, so it's all good.

Not really, I know many people who also will not shop there for the same reason.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
I don't go to BP either. But in all honesty, the fact that their gas is at least .20 cents a gallon more than anyone makes it a very easy decision.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I don't drive but if we're gonna blame anyone for the spill and be immature about it then I won't buy, watch or enjoy anything made in America since it was an American supervisor on the actual oil rig to blame for the spill and not BP.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
I haven't gone to a BP since I realized their gas sucks

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by samlf3rd

I always put shell premium in my car.I have never used my BP
gas card and I never will.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:47 PM
link   
reply to post by curious7

So you work for BP...I see.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:38 PM
link   
i live in louisiana, and i've never even seen a BP station

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:45 PM
link   
Good for you. We do what little we can.

In 1969 there was an oil spill in the Santa Barbara Channel off the coast of So. California by the Union 76 oil company. I have not shopped at Union 76 since that time. Unfortunately I have tried to add Shell and BP and Texaco and Exxonandonandon to my list but from necessity continue to use Union Oil as my target.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
How do you know if you are using bp oil or not?

I am assuming that a lot of our plastic products are made from bp oil. Do you boycott all plastic products to prevent buying bp oil?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:46 PM
link   
Wow, would you like a blue star for your efforts?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   
whats the point, unless your saving money buying elsewhere your doing nothing.
so many oil companies have had spillages but they still go on because of the dependancy on oil.
bp could kill and skina pand a on live tv and they will still sell oil and make billions from it.
edit on 6/11/2011 by listerofsmeg because: late night typos

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:15 PM
link   
BP is a great company and accidents happen. It wasnt company policy caused the spill, just incompetence on the rig itself. I dont see BP about to collapse due to a few people like yourself who misunderstand what actually happened.

It's almost an anomaly that BP stations exist in the US at all as they account for a tiny part of BP's worldwide roadside stations.

I moved to the US from Scotland and use them and support them with my custom whenever I see them due to their lack of any wrongdoing in the accidental oil spill and the fact that I have friends who work for BP in Scotland. I have no brand preference for fuel other than that and gas prices dont bother me in the slightest as they are still way cheaper than in Scotland when I used to live there. I dont even look at the prices.

So, you just keep on nae shopping there. There's guys from my home town slaving on oil rigs in the north sea who would just laugh and view your protest as pretty ill informed and pointless. Sorry.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by samlf3rd
In light of the massive oil spill in the Gulf of Mexico I haven't stopped at a BP gas station. I even went into a BP on a road trip. I walked in looked started to pay-saw the BP name tag, and apologized to the woman (nicely), and I told her I couldn't go through with the transaction because of the oil spill and all-I'm sorry ALL of the wrong they have done.
But it's all okay right? They apologized on t.v. with dramatic music in the background, so it's all good.

Not really, I know many people who also will not shop there for the same reason.

O.K. anyone who watches T.V. will realise that that oil spill could have happened to anyone. It just happened to B.P. first. Secondly, the oil spill was clearly caused by the contractor not following B.P.s' safety regulations and finally...

IF YOU WANT TO NOT BUY PETROL FROM SOMWHERE THAN HAVE ALOOK AT THE MOBIL AND THE EXON VALDEEZ WHICH HAS NOT BEEN CLEANED UP AFTER MORE THAN TWENTY YEARS OR PERHAPS SHELL AND THEIR MASSIVE OIL SPILLS IN AFRICA WHICH HAVE GONE UNADDRESSED FOR YEARS AND MAKE THE GULF OF MEXICO DISASTER INFANTISMAL IN COMPARISON.

Grow up people. The risk to enviroment while extracting oil from the earth is the same no matter who does it or how it's done. IF YOU HAVE A PROBLEM WITH THE OIL SPILL IN THE GULF OF MEXICO YOU THEN HAVE A PROBLEM WITH OIL!!!!

SOLUTION????

STOP BUYING OIL!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

UNDERSTAND??????????

If you stop buying oil then the problem goes away...

SO GET OFF YOUR SELF RIGHTEOUS HIGH HORSE!!!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 02:54 AM
link   
I've just poured a whole litre of petrol into my eyes!

TASTES .... like...

Ahhhhmericaaah

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:17 PM
link   
reply to post by hudsonhawk69

IT'S HARD TO READ WHEN YOU CAPITALIZE EVERY SINGLE WORD!

I know walk in like you know me and my type, stereotyping to be exact. Glad you wasted your time holding down the shift key, because if I may stereotype you-I don't think you know what a "caps lock" key is.

Realistically companies shouldn't be allowed to make such stupid decisions to put a straw in the middle of an ocean. The worst case scenario should be considered and IF the worst case involves millions of gallons of oil spewing into the sea then maybe we should consider another approach.
So I hope you aren't mad at Japan for unleashing all this radiation, as it's not their fault they put a bunch of nuclear pools a few hundred feet away from the ocean on a very very active fault line.

So yes SIR...I will not shop there, and the companies that are fraking, will not get my money either. So I have more thought into the subject than you give a stranger credit for.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 03:20 PM
link   
Well incase anyone missed it there are a million threads out there that discuss the poor handling of this situation, and we all read it, now we forgot. Amazing.

top topics

join