It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Halal & Kosher Hit By Dutch Ban

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
Halal & Kosher Hit By Dutch Ban- BBC

With 944,000 estimated Muslims in Holland but only around 30,000 Jews left it affects roughly 1 Million people. The Dutch have seemed to be shifting ever away from the "liberal" culture they are renowned for and rapidly approaching what can only be described as "far-right" politics.

Whilst those who proposed the ban are arguing it is in the interest of animal welfare I for one, think it is the Dutch sending a message loud and clear: Jews & Muslims are not welcome here.

There has been quite a lot of tension and fear mongering through countries such as Holland, Sweden & Norway to name a few in regards to the growing Muslim population, with a number of violent incidents.

Will this be a precedent for other European countries to follow? It effectively allows these governments to deport Jews & Muslims without quite so much attention and ugly press and infact, Hitler implemented similar laws.

They're expecting this to pass as law next month, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:36 PM
link   
Halal pizza is awesome.
I always order it and figure they're putting the best stuff on it because they think I'm one of them.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Nowhere in the Koran or Talmud/Torah does it say that you cant stun an animal before slaughtering it.
The way these animals are killed is inhumane compared to other options that are available.

It makes me sick and angry to hear these people not only defending this barbaric practice but implying that its banning has anything to do with Racism or Xenophobia as opposed to animal welfare.

Malaysia is a Muslim country and here there are Halal restaurants that actually advertise that the animals were slaughtered using humane methods as opposed to being tortured while fully conscious.

In my opinion anyone against stunning is sick and most likely a sadist, to be honest I wouldnt want what in my opinion basically amounts to a psychopath living in my society either.

The people defending this practice need to get their heads out their bottoms and step into the 21st century, were no longer living in the middle of the desert with no electricity and there are other options.
edit on 6-11-2011 by IkNOwSTuff because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by Fishticon84
Halal pizza is awesome.
I always order it and figure they're putting the best stuff on it because they think I'm one of them.

huh... so killing the meat facing mecca makes it awesome.

Strange... and here I was thinking it was just an ancient, albeit barbaric, method of slaughtering an animal...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by IkNOwSTuff

Agree, there really is no need for animal cruelty with todays technology- didn't know that about the Malaysian restaurants though..interesting.

I wonder what the result of all this will be, probably just some angry Jews & Muslims who find a way around it.

edit on 6/11/11 by Pirateofpsychonautics because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pirateofpsychonautics
Whilst those who proposed the ban are arguing it is in the interest of animal welfare I for one, think it is the Dutch sending a message loud and clear: Jews & Muslims are not welcome here.

Couldn't agree with you more, Wilders and his lot need to go.
Interesting point though the Kiwis were the first to do it in 2010 since Hitler.

"On 28 May 2010, New Zealand became the fourth country in the world to outlaw shechita, the slaughtering of animals according to Jewish law to produce kosher meat and poultry.

New Zealand’s ban on kosher slaughter isn’t the first – it follows a position first adopted during the 1920s in Iceland, Norway and Switzerland, and most infamously by Nazi Germany during the early 1930s.

www.ausfoodnews.com.au...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

Interesting, I wonder how large the Jewish and Muslim population in NZ is?(will look it up later). We'd be vilified as the 'intolerant racists' the Sheikhs consistently claim we are here in Australia if anybody even dared to suggest making this an addition to our laws.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Pirateofpsychonautics

I wonder why people think the Dutch are turning "far-right" when in actuality are turning "far-left" when against Islam. Islam* is (generally in its extreme form at least) against such things as gay-rights, and the Dutch are realizing that Islam* is against Dutch culture & freedom the way it is, and confronting it.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
reply to post by pazcat

I worked in an abattoir in NZ pre 1984, and we exported halal lamb.

Usually the sheep were killed outright with an electric stun to the head, then hung, slaughtered.

For halal, the voltage was wound back, so the animals were stunned, but only unconcious,
then slaughtered by the trained muslims that were brought in from overseas.

I think this is just more antagonism from TPTB

edit on 6-11-2011 by CitizenNum287119327 because: spelling

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:19 PM
link   
reply to post by CitizenNum287119327

This continues in the Halal slaughter houses in NZ but not in the Kosher ones. It should be mandated to ALL abattoirs.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:21 PM
link   

Originally posted by CitizenNum287119327
For halal, the voltage was wound back, so the animals were stunned, but only unconcious,
then slaughtered by the trained muslims that were brought in from overseas.

The hell man? Whats a trained muslim? Give a guy a knife and show no mercy?

are there islamic training schools for slaughter?

Has to be the funniest thing I've read today.

Makes me wonder why we export live cattle to the middle east over here, because they refuse to accept slaughtered meat unless they can be sure it was done halal.

trained muslims..

I think this is just more antagonism from TPTB

Of coarse it is, it has to be, the noble muslim has always been put down by the evil swines in the west!!!!111

but really, it's like that line is the new "It's a wolf It's a wolf!"-- the boy who cried "It's just propaganda man.." a fable for the next generation.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Mate, a trained Muslim would refer to somebody who is authorised to conduct the slaughter within the rites and has been trained to carry out the ritual according to religious dictation.

"Halal" just means legal whereas "Haraam" is illegal. ie: Pork= Haraam.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:52 PM
link   
This isnt an animal cruelty issue at all but about the way muslims are trying to force backward extreme religious systems that include oppression and cruelty to be assimilated into otherwise healthy modern western civilisations.

As I said before in some cases where control over small areas within european cities where barbaric sharia law is practiced and tolerated has been actively sought by close nit muslim communities working together, technically qualifies as religious persecution albeit territorial rather than aimed at people and should really be a matter for the UN security council.

The acceptabilty of animal cruelty under the banner or religion is unacceptable if they want to make animals suffer it must be in muslim countries and then shipped into europe. Tough # if thats a problem for them.

It's the thin end of the wedge. European human rights exist to stop idiotic backward religious systems infesting countries and dragging them back into the dark ages. No country should stand for having Islam forcefully inserted into their culture gradually with nonsense like ritualistic cruel ways to make animals suffer so that the meat tastes different due to pain and fear at the point of death.

It always seems to be taken as some kind of collective insult by them when we find Islamic customs sickening to the point we have to act against them. Must be the most arrogant religion on earth.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   

reply to post by Ha`la`tha

Mate, a trained Muslim would refer to somebody who is authorised to conduct the slaughter within the rites and has been trained to carry out the ritual according to religious dictation.

"Halal" just means legal whereas "Haraam" is illegal. ie: Pork= Haraam.

I know what halal/haram is.

I've never met a trained muslim, however. And it sounds as if most of the middle east hasn't either - they're either muslim or not.

We send countless live cattle over there every year, because they refuse to accept it any other way.

And once it arrives there, we are in no control of how they butcher it. And butcher is an appropriate term.

No offence intended, I just find the phrase "trained muslim" humorous.

edit on 6/11/2011 by Ha`la`tha because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   

Maybe they are just belatedly realizing that they have a culture of their own. and that a policy of endlessly bending over backwards to accomidate people from other cultures rather than asking newcomers to change themselves is ultimately destructive and useless? Just a thought.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by Partygirl

Maybe they are just belatedly realizing that they have a culture of their own. and that a policy of endlessly bending over backwards to accomidate people from other cultures rather than asking newcomers to change themselves is ultimately destructive and useless? Just a thought.

I was going to engage in conversation with you until I seen "fundamentalist christian" in your signature. We'll leave it at that...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:17 PM
link   
People, whilst I don't agree with the way in which halal slaughter is conducted, where do you get your meat from?

Is the chicken you eat all free range or caged?

Plenty of animal cruelty within western food production too, while cruelty isn't mandated by the West it is still employed as a means of production...and then there's the genetic modification.

Don't throw stones if you liv....

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

With 944,000 estimated Muslims in Holland but only around 30,000 Jews left it affects roughly 1 Million people. The Dutch have seemed to be shifting ever away from the "liberal" culture they are renowned for and rapidly approaching what can only be described as "far-right" politics.

How is it ‘far-right’? What part of it has any substantial backing to prove that it is from a ‘far-right’ political perspective?

So they hung a ‘no Jews or Muslims allowed’ sign up on their door? Or perhaps the Dutch as a people disapprove of not only animal abuse but intrusions into their native homeland by foreign cultures never invited by the general populace through any form of public consent who then protest in their host nation for the introduction of foreign food preparations encouraged by small cognitive elite to disrupt basic functioning society. On the surface it would seem minor and nothing to get angry about but when we take it from the whole picture it is another smack in the face.

There has been quite a lot of tension and fear mongering through countries such as Holland, Sweden & Norway to name a few in regards to the growing Muslim population, with a number of violent incidents.

Fear mongering? Where the hell are you? First, most European countries are significantly below replacement level which will lead to labor shortages and a strained welfare system 1. Second the large scale immigration of Arabs and Moors from the Middle East and the Maghreb respectively are exploding the immigrant population in native European lands. Third the fertility rate of immigrants and their children are generally much higher than that of natives, anyone with even the brain of a ten year old could figure that simple mathematics out that eventually the populations will meet.

Why is this occurring? Because the ridiculous ideas of the Frankfurt School mixed with the transportation of the philosophy of American elite into European elite quarters during the European Reconstruction (post WWII) imported foreign ideas generally espoused by the historically Puritan American elite. The idea that a nation is nothing but a concept, one of particular values and not of particular people; this argument may work well in the United States but to implement it in Europe takes not only an intentional rejection of historical facts but a warm embrace of arrogant pseudo-intellectualism espoused as intellectual superiority, commonly espoused by so-called egalitarians.

By mid-century many European nations will be at least 30-40% non-European native (i.e. genetically Caucasian). This is the gradual transformation of European lands into ones just 100 years ago would be entirely different. Who is this being encouraged by? The small cognitive elite and their public school misinformed masses of near zombie like nihilists with their head in the sky and their feet firmly planted in lunacy. To suggest that a man from Saudi Arabia will move to Holland and become anything like the native Dutch is absurd to the highest degree, his children will not nor will their children. It is rooted in genetics which is inherited from their parents, same goes with the intelligence which is considerably lower among these minorities.

If someone told you they wanted to send millions of Asians into Africa every year knowing that Africans had much lower fertility rates than the Asians, that they had two completely different religious beliefs, that Asians on average have lower IQ’s than Africans, and that in 40 years’ time the Asians will account for 30-40% of the population in South Africa, Madagascar, Zambia, and Nigeria, would you cheer that same policy on? Or would you sit back and think that something about that whole scenario was not right? When Europeans came to the new world there were no Indian chiefs saying “let’s bring in more white people and give them special privileges in our society”, they did not do that because they knew it would be genocide, get that word right there? Genocide.

Continue...

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:22 PM
link   

My version of ‘multiculturalism’ is that all people have a right to a place to call home among their people where they are not being mass murdered, exploited, or being intentionally replaced. Africans, Asians, Europeans, American Indians, etc… all share that basic human right but I guess some people do not see it that way. Some people want to open all borders so that a country like Pakistan with nearly 200,000,000 people could all go to Norway with 4,000,000 people because we are all ‘racist, nazi, reactionary, bigot, xenophobes’ if we dare speak up and question the absolutely insanity of the so-called ‘Cultural Liberals’, who are fooling no one with any understanding of the Frankfurt School 2.

Will this be a precedent for other European countries to follow? It effectively allows these governments to deport Jews & Muslims without quite so much attention and ugly press and infact, Hitler implemented similar laws.

So when you cannot find something in the article strong enough to fit your biased agenda you decide to intentionally make up lies. Nowhere, not one place in the entire article or in the video clip does it say that anyone will be deported; Kosher and Halal will even still be available but it must be imported. And when you listen to some Jews everything reminds them of the holocaust, it is sad they use such a horrible event in history to push their agenda but I guess some people do not care about 6,000,000 slaughtered people beyond the point of what they can serve them now. Today even Switzerland still upholds this Kosher ban that has been in place since the 1890s but I guess they are living in a Reich.

They're expecting this to pass as law next month, it will be interesting to see what comes of this.

Yes, quite.

edit on 11/6/2011 by Misoir because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by Misoir

Holy cow! Thank you Misoir! I had ideas of responding along these lines but haven't nearly the knowledge nor the education for it.

Leaving out the Jews for the moment, Islam has a way of overwhelming entire cultures and societies. A small peace-loving country like Holland wouldn't seem to present much of a challenge, and I've been quite worried about them. It's in their best interest to fight as best they know how to keep from being subsumed....

top topics

<<   2 >>

join