posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
Ten simple ways to share with others.
1. Go to the grocery store and buy a bag of groceries for someone in your neighborhood that you know needs it. Put it on their doorstep, ring the bell
2. Spend some time with an elderly relative or friend that is not well. Devote a whole day chatting and doing errands for them. I’m sure they have
plenty to say and things that need fixed.
3. Volunteer someplace for one day, or for a few hours. A soup kitchen, etc.
4. Take some homemade baked goods to a women’s shelter.
5. Buy bread, mayo, lunchmeat (even bologna is ok) and go make sandwiches for the homeless people under your local bridge. Stay and eat with them,
listen to their stories.
6. Call your local nursing home and find out how many residents are there. Then go to a dollar store and buy a gift for each one of them, Wrap them
and bring them over.
7. Bring your pet to a local nursing home. Call ahead. Most of them love to have pets visit. It makes the elders so happy to get to cuddle a dog or
8. Do a good deed every day. Carry someone’s groceries; help someone open a door, walk and old lady across the street, etc.
9. Volunteer for ‘Toys for Tots’, or start your own holiday food and toy drive. Christmas is coming and there are soooo many kids this year that
10. Take a day and spend it with your own kids. Listen, talk and PLAY with them. That is something they will always remember and it will keep you and
Remember that a little kindness goes a long way.