It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

When was the last time you did something nice?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   
Ten simple ways to share with others.

1. Go to the grocery store and buy a bag of groceries for someone in your neighborhood that you know needs it. Put it on their doorstep, ring the bell and run.

2. Spend some time with an elderly relative or friend that is not well. Devote a whole day chatting and doing errands for them. I’m sure they have plenty to say and things that need fixed.

3. Volunteer someplace for one day, or for a few hours. A soup kitchen, etc.

4. Take some homemade baked goods to a women’s shelter.

5. Buy bread, mayo, lunchmeat (even bologna is ok) and go make sandwiches for the homeless people under your local bridge. Stay and eat with them, listen to their stories.

6. Call your local nursing home and find out how many residents are there. Then go to a dollar store and buy a gift for each one of them, Wrap them and bring them over.

7. Bring your pet to a local nursing home. Call ahead. Most of them love to have pets visit. It makes the elders so happy to get to cuddle a dog or cat.

8. Do a good deed every day. Carry someone’s groceries; help someone open a door, walk and old lady across the street, etc.

9. Volunteer for ‘Toys for Tots’, or start your own holiday food and toy drive. Christmas is coming and there are soooo many kids this year that have nothing!

10. Take a day and spend it with your own kids. Listen, talk and PLAY with them. That is something they will always remember and it will keep you and yours close.

Remember that a little kindness goes a long way.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:30 PM
link   
I try to do at least one good deed every day. Of course I do more then one but, I have those days in which I am swamped with work.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:33 PM
link   

4. Take some homemade baked goods to a women’s shelter.

Plus you might meet someone.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:34 PM
link   
Last time was about 10 minutes ago when I finished my girlfriends Families and Households Sociology assignment.

I had to rewrite the whole thing which was no easy task, but I'm sure to be thanked in about... Ummmm... 5 minutes.

So... On that note. Goodnight ATS.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by SuzMc

#6 is a brilliant idea. I really like that one.

But sadly, some of the others can get you in trouble with the law in this age of selfishness.

I like your intent however.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
Last time was about 10 minutes ago when I finished my girlfriends Families and Households Sociology assignment.

I had to rewrite the whole thing which was no easy task,

And her future employer and the many people she let's down when she shows her incompetence will wonder why............

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I was waiting a while to pull in line at my local coffee shop and a nice lady let me in before her as she had noticed i had been waiting to get in the line for several minutes, so, I bought her and her passengers coffee

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 03:21 AM
link   
reply to post by grubblesnert

Well considering she did the leg work in finding information and having the core of the work done... I would say she will do really well in the future. Or didn't I emphasise the use of the word "rewrite" clearly enough?!

posted on Nov, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
reply to post by satron

You don't take a gift to a women's shelter in the hopes of meeting a woman there. If you do, I'd be worried you're just out to manipulate someone.

posted on Dec, 1 2011 @ 07:05 AM
link   
i dive into the local river and get fish for a blind fisherman who can't see were the fish are so i go in with this sound pulser device that lets him know where the fish are and its built only for the blind cause our hearing isn't good enough to hear it all.

posted on Dec, 27 2011 @ 10:13 PM
link   
the last nice thing i did for somebody was today. I was involved in a dramatic thread and decided to back up the op who was getting criticized by a lot of the veteran forum members. job well done prodigious (;

top topics

join