It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

State Police say caller warned of five "dirty bombs" in Genessee County schools

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   

State Police say caller warned of five "dirty bombs" in Genessee County schools

www.mlive.com

ISD spokesman Jerry Johnson said in the email that threatening call was apparently made by an older man. The message warned that officials had two hours to locate the bombs, but didn't specify where they would be located.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.wtov9.com
www.9and10news.com
www.foxnews.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
At least 6 schools experienced sudden mass outbreak of unkown illness in the last week

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 06:40 PM
link   
Could this be linked to the recent outbreaks of illness centered around school activities?

What material can cause this type of illness? I personally have witnessed victims of accidental sarin poisoning and the symptoms are eerily similar here.

The two men sickened in the exact same way, and both lived.

www.mlive.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

I'm wondering myself, if i'm not mistaken, I believe I seen that the count of infected schools is up to 5, but as for the county, I know not, but will look.

6 Schools, but spread out to different ares of the midwest and east US.
edit on 11/6/2011 by GoldenObserver because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:09 PM
link   

Wright said students will stay in their classrooms until the end of the day and will be dismissed on time. All regular after-school activities have been canceled.

???????

no mention of the Feds being involved?

no evacuation?

or are these threats common enough for authorities to assume somebody is crying "wolf"?

ISD spokesman Jerry Johnson said in the e-mail that threatening call was apprently made by an older man.

but they know THAT? WHO was the "expert"?

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Copperflower

Yeah, now that is pretty troubling, if there is a link to radiation symptoms in all the kids. In fact, what a nasty thing to do for Muslim extremists- attack one of the biggest resources this country has (kids) in places where they are the least protected (school).

Thing is, everything I've read so far on this seems like it's a typical flue, happens every season, yada yada. Not sure all the places are linked so easily, but obviously the authorities responded immediately to that call- so maybe there is something to it. Hmm. Eyes open on this one folks.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:20 PM
link   

a nasty thing to do for Muslim extremists
reply to post by TrueAmerican

I hope that was tong and cheek. I haven't read anything stating who or whom is responsible. With the report of 4 elderly hillbilly's attempting to cook up ricin a few days ago any one is game

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by ga-`tv-gi

a nasty thing to do for Muslim extremists

I hope that was tong and cheek. I haven't read anything stating who or whom is responsible. With the report of 4 elderly hillbilly's attempting to cook up ricin a few days ago any one is game

True, but there is a difference: those other guys were after government officials.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by xuenchen

Since 9/11 we have expanded task forces. Instead of locals responding and calling in the Feds, we have a task force (in this case Joint terrorism task force). Its made up of FEderal agenst as well as law enforcement from State / County / local law enforcement.

Those assigned to the task force act as a Liason between the inital call / response to the fEderal Agencies. Depending on the type of threat, information available and alerts issued its not uncommon now days for local police to work a call, with the finished reports / evidence collecte forwarded to the FBI for their larger programs.

If the State Police didnt find any evidence / truth in the call then the case will most likely remain local (unless the call came from another state etc).

It stremlines the process as well as create a flow between agencies at all levels of the federal and state government.

I wouldnt say common enough, just streamlined.
edit on 6-11-2011 by Xcathdra because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

True

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   
I know one of the schools sent out letters saying it was norovirus. Seems a lot of schools are reporting it.

www.alltheinternet.com... in school

en.wikipedia.org...

Seems norovirus must be killed with a bleach type product. But every body has changed to alcohol type products due to swine flu fears. Now there is a conspiracy. The government drops the ball chaseing the flying pig flu causes major out breaks at schools around the country because they lost interest in cleaning schools with bleach.

posted on Nov, 6 2011 @ 08:17 PM
link   
Please add any comments to the existing thread found here...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join