It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

I Cannot Believe It

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join
share:

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:41 PM
link   
Here are ACTUAL news articles concerning whats going with Iran-USA-Israel.

CIA veteran: Israel to attack Iran in fall

A longtime CIA officer who spent 21 years in the Middle East is predicting that Israel will bomb Iran in the fall, dragging the United States into another major war and endangering US military and civilian personnel (and other interests) throughout the Middle East and beyond.

Baer was especially impressed by the unprecedented warning about Netanyahu's plans by former Mossad chief Meir Dagan. Dagan left the Israeli intelligence agency in September 2010. Two months ago, he predicted that Israel would attack and said that doing so would be "the stupidest thing" he could imagine.

Source

Iran offered to recognize Israel in 2003 and was willing to sign Peace Treaty

The memorandum explicitly recognized aims of the United States: transparent guarantees that Iran would not develop nuclear weapons; full cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency; Iranian action against al Queda and other terrorist groups; support for political stability and non-sectarian democratic institutions in Iraq; termination of material support to Hamas; pressure on Hamas to stop attacks on Israeli territory; acceptance of the Arab League’s 2002 Beirut Peace Initiative which included recognition of Israel’s right to exist, endorsement of a two state solution and ending hostilities with a peace treaty.

Source

There are multiple links in the source. Iran was willing to fully comply with USA. Transparent guarantees that Iran would not develop nuclear weapons and full cooperation with the International Atomic Energy Agency

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 06:47 PM
link   
reply to post by xavi1000

What is a US empire? I have never heard of such a thing.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Like hovering vultures, the western powers are waiting for some ludicrous, trumped-up excuse to snatch Iran's oil assets. The Libyan Psyop War was a success, and now eyes turn to the world's third largest producer of oil. Iran will be "taken", because that's the way the world rolls baby.

We are actually past peak oil. World oil demand already out-strips supply (although not by much currently). This is the hard reality. The UK for example has 10 years left of meaningful oil production, but the volume decreases 13% year on year. In another 10 years, the US, UK and many European countries will be 95% reliant on imported oil, and that same oil is going to be sort after by China, India and other developing nations that... gee-wiz... have actual REAL money to pay for it.

Invest in alternate fuels.... where's the profit in that? Let just have another war and prolong the inevitable. Please god, why are humans so stupid?

edit on 7-11-2011 by zigguratvertigo because: typo

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:06 PM
link   
It seems fairly obvious Iran has been the target all along Iraq & Afghanistan were mere pawns to be flicked off the board so to speak in order to get at the better pieces on the big chess board. Is it checkmate for Iran though? only time will tell & only a miracle will stop this train wreck.

What I find a complete p*sstake is the lies we are told in order to get us involved or at least meekly back these campaigns. Why cant they just be straight with us about the whole business?

This is the sticking point for me as in centuries past if you were the soldier of an army/country you were not only gauranteed a wage of some description, food, and equipment etc... You would also be allowed a generous cut of the spoils of war (presuming you were the winners).

Now what are soldiers gauranteed? Diddly squat or worse thats what,
I know how this will sound to some I am just trying to be honest and say whats in it for me?

These days jack s*it thats what. All the benefits of these wars go straight to the globalmegacorps and their shareholders instead.

This is why I didnt sign up for service, if my a*se is gonna be shot at I want my just reward for the pleasure not a pittance in pay per year and some mental/physical syndrome caused by too many injections by the end of it.

Plus the class system in this country excludes me from climbing anywhere near to the top in the forces anyway being a scumbag lower class poor person that I am. So thanks but no thanks.

Even if the attack on Iran does not transpire the push and grab for resources by powerful nations will one day usher in WW3 sooner or later like it or not as people are too greedy.
I'm only glad of one thing right now and that is not having any children to worry about I don't think I could bear it.

I have always believed in my lifetime that I would see a nuke attack in a western city just didn't think it would be because of this current situation hope I'm proved wrong but its looking more likely as time goes on.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 07:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by southbeach
reply to post by BRITWARRIOR

War is not the answer.Regardless of what you're ideologies,dropping bombs on fellow humans is an act savagery.When you see kids with bits blown off them you will know the Earth is a mental asylum and the most mentally ill run it.

Wake up for god sake, being nice gets you nowhere in this world, harsh i know, but it is just the way the world is at the moment, we cannot achieve you're dream of world, of world peace until the scum are dragged from it kicking and screaming to back to hell, if you think sitting back ignoring all the worlds problems & sitting back letting evil prevail is the answer you're wrong, you cannot have peace by simply ignoring problems, SOMEONE NEEDS to lead & someone needs to police, SOMEONE NEEDS to make rules,

This is what happens when you do nothing, and let lawlessness run riot

Take a good look at this video please
www.youtube.com...://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QQSjyYRTDVM

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Frankcasal
reply to post by xavi1000

What is a US empire? I have never heard of such a thing.

That is sarcasm right ??

If not then , World reserve currency, 800 military bases worldwide etc etc.

Cosmic..

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:05 PM
link   
I can hear the Team America anthem ripping through my head right now.

AMAYYRRIIKKAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! F%#K YEAH!

This is inevitible at this point.

I cannot even fathom a USA which isn't involved in a conflict anymore.
Sad sad sad.

Can;t we all just get along? Well if not.............................can;t we all just mind our own effing business?

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
Nothing is going to happen. Everybody relax. Just a lot of posturing going on for the domestic consumption of certain countries and idle threats to toehrs but thats all it is.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Originally posted by xavi1000
Invasion on Iran will be last invasion of US empire

The United States of America never had any business building an empire to begin with. Freedom is not found by empire building, it is found through self government. We have all contributed greatly to this military industrial complex, we are all to blame. Blame, however, is irrelevant. What do we DO?

I'm guessing, in my feeble little mind, my answer to your question would be "NOTHING".
Nothing, as in, from the joint chiefs of staff, to the recruits/NCO's/CO's of the armed forces who are fodder for wars, to the civilians of everyday life and in military CONTRACTOR status, do nothing on the day that the order to begin an aggressive offensive is given.

A great Day would be seen if, on that for now fictional day, when the order to begin is handed down, Sailors/ Marines aboard ships take to the decks in parade rest, Army soldiers on tarmacs/ other transports exit the vehicles assuming the same posture, and the Air force doing the same(not locking their knees, to avoid fainting). Never Flinching. for that day, however long it lasts.

Civilians, within the hour that the order is heard to have been given, LEAVE your jobs and return home to your families, leaving the streets empty, offices bare.

The news will then show, NOT views of troops heading to the front lines after bombing runs, the reactions of the defending nations and buildings exploding, but instead, Those who volunteered to support and defend the US Constitution standing down to a potentially unlawful order (or acting in a support role) and of world cities that are relative ghost towns, and worldwide people being astounded and maybe relieved that when the War was to commence, there instead, was silence.....hence NOTHING.
edit on 7-11-2011 by ahmonrarh because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:05 PM
link   
reply to post by Alkolyk

The Dailymail Article.
daileymail article the daily mail is really twisting the story. when its about a book

It's a Book people !

Read more: thepage.time.com...
The Heading reads:

Former Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice speaks with Christiane Amanpour about her new book, "No Higher Honor."

What the daily mail did was take the interview with Secretary of State Condoleezza Rice where she is speaking about her new book with Christiane Amanpour "No Higher Honor." and tired to make look like the USA is going to war

As you can see the all the media outlets ran with this interview and made it look like the USA is going to war with IRAN. Russia and China are responding to all the BS from the media outlets mainly started by the daileymail-UK.

Seems like every media outlet is quoting the " DailyMail-UK which really took this interview an ran with it .Every article I'm reading on the net pertains back to this interview about her book. . What the all the MSM don't tell the readers is , its from her book.

Condoleezza Rice statement is taken out of context by the the Dailymail .

Condoleezza Rice: 'We must do everything we can to bring Iran down'

What she said was

The regime has absolutely no legitimacy left. We should be doing everything we can to bring it down and never take military force off the table. "

Time Magazine original transcript. Condoleezza Rice

She was talking about bringing down the Iran government, i.e. as in current government structure key players. you have to read the entire original transcript of this interview. she was not referring to bombing Iran.

So we might end up in a war because the daily mail UK wants to be popular on the internet. It very much appears that all the hype is from, a book !
edit on 7-11-2011 by SJE98 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:10 PM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Given that standing military's are wholly antithetical to our Constitutional republic, I would take your scenario and go backward to go even further forward. Imagine that day when We the People, so fed up with tyranny in all its forms, so fed up with the greedy grab of aggregated power and the absolute corruption that follows, raise our children to view all things government with such a hard suspicion that no reasonable person would even contemplate joining a standing military force during times of peace.

Imagine that no person would ever dare even think of compromising their principles of freedom just to gain a steady paycheck and the promise of "free education" or low interest loans on housing, or whatever other "benefits" the military offers to entice new recruits. The People just ain't buying it, and regardless of how good and stylish the propaganda is, no one joins any standing military during peace.

Now imagine that the only military's We the People do join are during wars brought our to our borders, but we are not a part of any military industrial complex, but instead a part of a militia, prepared to defend our homes and families with our dying breath. Under such circumstances, how could the military industrial complex even present a televised military action without any Declaration of War made by Congress where the rank and file soldier would have to take it upon themselves to lay down arms and refuse unlawful orders? How could the military industrial complex ever survive without our willing approval, be that approval open praise, or tacit silence?

Lay down our arms? Lay off the patriotic rhetoric I say, and avoid employ with government at all costs. In the end, we get the governments we deserve.

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I had to star your post.

And with that said sir, we'd be in a better situation all together.
I'm personally a man of "To Each His Own" and "Live and let live", but I also wore the uniform before, and was taken aback when i seen it wasnt always "honor, courage and commitment".

I personally hope we dont get into another foggy war, i've dealt with too many PTSD situations in my past line of work, from 21yr olds coming back from iraq and having flashbacks when power transformers blew.....

p.s.
I realize you're a writer, seen you mention it in a post some time ago....you're good!

posted on Nov, 7 2011 @ 11:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Xcellante
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I'm moved with what you just wrote. It pains me to write this but a total humanitarian reset is required. Since this has begun I have found myself thinking about my son who died 4 years ago. And I have thanked God he is not here to witness what we are sadly, about to. I cannot fathom a world where hatred and bigotry has transcended goodness and equality.

Peace to all.

edit on 11/7/11 by Noromyxo because: lost text

I'm so sorry about your son. I also lost my oldest son about seven years ago. But I have 3 other sons to raise, and it seems as if the world is going crazy. I fear for their futures. I want nothing more than for them to be able to live as good or better life as I have. I have lived a blessed life. Growing up and building a life here in Texas has been wonderful. But, It's as if I sit on a great divide looking back at what this country once was, and looking forward with great anxiety on what it may become. I pray to God that we can once more be that shining city on the hill, that great bastion of freedom and liberty. A place with true justice for all.
But it's not just the USA, it's Western Civilization itself that is teetering on the brink of catastrophe.
Financially, militarily, socially, spiritually. But what can a plain-old, everyday, run of the mill, middle-class Texas-boy do? I can only prepare myself, my family, and my friends. I truly fear societal collapse. Yes, even here in the great state of Texas.
I really don't know where to come down on this business with Iran. On one hand, I think to attack them militarily would be a disaster. It's not that I think we couldn't defeat them, it's that I think the war would spread to the wider region, and maybe ignite even a global conflict of terrible proportions. On the other hand, is it be wise to allow Iran to amass a nuclear weapons stockpile ? Even though it may mean suicide to them as a nation, or even a people, the feeling one get's, is that the leadership would actually try to deploy them.
Madness, I know. But just look around us friend, there is madness everywhere we look.
For as my ancestors hail from the Emerald Isle (Clan of the Red Hand), I would not see it fade.
Please think the same of us here in Texas. I see the same spirit in our Peoples. A warrior spirit.
Let us always fight for truth and freedom...together.
Pray that indeed we be given that chance.
May Mighty God Bless Ireland always. And may he also forever shine His Face upon The United States of America !

Noro

edit on 11/8/11 by Noromyxo because: missing text

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 12:25 AM
link   
I don't know, from the sounds of this:
Sarkozy and Obama private conversation overheard

Obama might not really want to be Isreal's bitch. Then again he says he "has to deal with him every day" so maybe he doesn't have much choice. Who knows, hard to tell much based on only a few lines but at least shows you some world leaders probably aren't Netanyahu/Isreal's biggest fans even if they're allies and might not be so quick to jump into a war for them as some think.

It's probably just more saber rattling though, the ego maniacs running the countries on every side of this "conflict" just love to puff their chests out and make a show every once in a while to show how big and manly they are. So I hope nothing happens again, war solves nothing and only creates more enemies, especially in the middle east. Every man you kill has a brother or son or wife or cousin or friend that might now want revenge.

PS Is there a way to block yourself from seeing certain member's posts? So tired of seeing britwarrior and others' neocon-war hawk style brainwash propaganda in every thread about Iran.
edit on 8-11-2011 by darkest4 because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 04:20 AM
link   
A massive EM surge would be good right now. Something to remind them how inferior they really are and to show us again whats really important. When i hear about this crap one messege always plays over and over in my mind. Its the scene where the architect tells neo "this is the sixth time weve destroyed it, and weve become exceedingly efficient at it" those movies are just riddled with so much hidden messeges.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
That this is actually going to happen soon, and that this will cause an untold amount of suffering, will this be enough for Americans? Will WW3? Will any of this matter soon? I mean, I've seem doom come over and over the last 20 plus years, but this one.

This one may go down in "the record books" as an all time screw up.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 05:41 AM
link   
Since it wasn´t mentioned,i´m gonna quote myself from the Middle East on Fire Thread:

Originally posted by Shenon
This...

'Attack Iran' and AIPAC's infamous chutzpah

The House Foreign Affairs Committee hurriedly convened this week to consider a new "crippling sanctions" bill that seems less designed to deter an Iranian nuclear weapon than to lay the groundwork for war.

So what does this mean? It means that neither the president, the secretary of state, nor any US diplomat or emissary may engage in negotiations or diplomacy of any kind unless the president convinces the "appropriate congressional committees" (most significantly, the House Foreign Affairs Committee, which is an AIPAC fiefdom) that not permitting the contacts would pose an "extraordinary threat to the vital national security interests of the United States".

To call this unprecedented is an understatement. At no time in our history has the White House or State Department been restricted from dealing with representatives of a foreign state, even in wartime.

Is beyond chilling. AIPAC (or Israel) wants to stop any form of Diplomacy between the US and Iran which could prevent a War.

Reading this Article is frightening,because it looks like this Time nothing will stop a War which could lead to something much,much worse

edit on 7-11-2011 by Shenon because: (no reason given)

Have Fun. I highly recommend everyone here to read that Article,especially the Skeptics...

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:06 AM
link   
In the last two days I read a piece in the NYT by David Sanger, and Remnick's piece in The New Yorker. Sanger is basically saying go for it, and Remnick starts out by talking about Aushwitz.... It could be posturing, but apparently Bibi has made up his mind....and thinks he is Churchhill in 1939, the man is delusional... I think there is really an opportunity here when this starts, for the people to get out in the streets and say no more...enough with the proxy wars for Israel, one in Iraq was enough. Here is a good article on it Banging the Drums of War: Iran and the neo-cons

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 06:42 AM
link   

Originally posted by clintdelicious
reply to post by THE_PROFESSIONAL

I agree with you. I thought that they wouldn't be mad enough to do it, but things are getting weird. I'm joining the British army soon and I have to say that even though I have a very positive outlook on facing dangerous situations I would not feel to keen about going to war with a country like Iran. Their population would make the Iraq and Afghan insurgencies look like nothing. The deaths would eclipse Iraq and Afghan casualties by a long way.

Why the f%$? would you want to join army when you know they are just pawns to their games?

Don't you know better than that?

Peace out.

posted on Nov, 8 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

Originally posted by lonewolf19792000

You do realize that youre citing ATS links and info-wars right? if youre going to link something, link actual real news.

And you do realize you asking for proof from the propagandha machine or i wont be true?

Guess what? Maybe MSM isn't always telling the truth.

Peace out.

new topics

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7 >>

join