It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What Mrs. Bush thinks......

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:25 PM
link   
....so, can Junior be far behind?

The following is from an immensely interesting transcript of Barbara Bush on an ABC-TV morning show. She was asked if she and her husband, the former president, watch television.

"He sits and listens and I read books because I know perfectly well that - don't take offense - that 90 percent of what I hear on television is supposition, when we're talking about the news. And he's not, not as understanding of my pettiness about that. But why should we hear about body bags and deaths and how many, what day it's going to happen, and how many this or what do you suppose? Oh, I mean, it's, not relevant. So why should I waste my beautiful mind on something like that? And watch him suffer."

LINK

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:35 PM
link   
Excerpt of the interview with one of the protestors...

"How long have you been protesting?" he was asked.

"My whole life."

"What do you do?"

"I'm a squatter."

"I meant a job."

"I'm a squatter. I don't have to pay rent, so I don't need a job, I haven't had a job in 12 years."

"What do you live on?"

"Handouts from the government. "

"Like what?"

"I have to keep that to myself. Security."

What right does one have to protest, when they don't even contribute to society? This person is obviously fit enough to spend hours protesting, but he isn't fit enough to have a job? I wonder how many of his fellow protesters fit into this category...in the middle of the workday....likely a majority, who just seem bored...

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 01:48 PM
link   
AMEN!!!

posted on Apr, 9 2003 @ 03:38 PM
link   
Damnit ... I work, but I sure could use some 'handout's' from the government! lol

new topics

top topics

join